stephen.p.farrer@gmail.com

[Report] Spawned in Wilderness/Debug Forest/Endless Ocean

got killed by a game glitch

now am stuck in the wilderness keep respawning there with no gear at all....

Name: DrSchabbs

ID: 19793222

Spawning in barren wilderness with empty inventory. Would rather not respawn if possible ;)

Name: |SG|ActionMan

ID: 1893254

I was doing really well for the first time since playing too! Screens here from this vid. I'd just recorded it and logged off near Vybor, then took a break and switched to another 1.7.1.2 server when my spawn broke.

I am stucked in wilderness with no equipment too.

Name: Owneil

ID: 18945286

Stucked in wilderness.

Name: VarguS

ID: 3223428

I was in Zelenogorsk near market "Zvezda".

I guess this topic is useless, im stiil stuck, tryed dieing a milion times, running, nothin help

What do i do now?

Always spawned in the plains with no gear since the last update. Tried installing the beta to fix it, and the beta prevents ARMA from even running. I really hope a solution to this is found soon.

I will re-post because there are a lot of fellas here posting their name and ID (The Dev's already said that they can't handle to make everyone go back to the real map, so you WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW the steps below). It would help if none post anything anymore here, only if you DID all the steps and failed.

-----

For those spawning in the Wilderness: READ THE THREAD!!!! It says lot's of times about how to go to the debug forest and head to pavlovo...

1) Make sure you have the latest BETA patch ( http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/ ) and DayZ patch 1.7.1.1 (works with 1.7.1 too).

***Not confirmed if works for 1.7.1.2 or higher, would someone please confirm it?***

2) Find a server that runs DayZ 1.7.0 (It seems to not matter about it being not a beta server). The most used is Canada 2 (Filter "Canada")

***Not confirmed if works with DayZ 1.7.1 and higher. Theoretically, it would work with any server that have a lower DayZ patch then yours, but not confirmed... ***

3) You will spawn 5-10 min West from Pavlovo, and maybe 20 min North from the Coast. Make your choice. (Go South or East, or SE, who cares?)

*** YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE DEBUG FOREST BEFORE LOG OUT!!!! Otherwise you will still get stuck on Debug Forest/Wilderness... *** - # If you arrive in Pavlovo or Kamenka, I would guess it's considered out of the bounds of Debug Forest...

If you are not able to find a 1.7.0 server, you might run as some people are suggesting. It may take you from 30 min or 4 hours running SE, depending on where you spawned on the Debug Wilderness...

This guy seems to have found the precise locations with the GPS:

(06-10-2012 08:53 AM)4L4N Wrote: The co-ords for Debug "fields" = 813,894

The co-ords for Debug "Forest" = 004,116

I had a GPS while on the Wilderness (Debug Fields). So, if you notice, you will have to run from 813,894 to 999.999 and it will turn to 000,000. Then you will be on the real map.

To people spawning on the Ocean with the Ghillie/Camo suits: Are you using the Beta patch? Because I've heard that if you don't install the beta patch that would happen. I have the Ghillie Suit and it works fine for me. I've never spawned in the ocean.

You may try the same trick here as to people spawning on the Wilderness..

Original Thread where I've learned this: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13497

Thanks dayzrab!

How am I supposed to know which way is east or south or w/e without a compass?

I ran opposite direction from Sea for about 30 minutes and still no fix...

Relog, find a town near a coastline, compare it a town on a map, find your way that way.

Alternatively, find a watch or get on when the server is at dawn or dusk, find position of sun, orienteer yourself by that. (Sun rises in East, sets in West.)

Relog' date=' find a town near a coastline, compare it a town on a map, find your way that way.

Alternatively, find a watch or get on when the server is at dawn or dusk, find position of sun, orienteer yourself by that. (Sun rises in East, sets in West.)

[/quote']

Ah thank you, will try it. My friend managed to get out, but he didnt run to any forest, fortunately had a compass and kept going East for a very long time.

I ended up respawning from menu to get out.

Spawned in there, too.

Got 1.7.1.5 and the latest beta from the Six Updater.

Killing myself didn't help. Tried to respawn many times, and on multiple servers. I also don't get any starting gear. Inventory is completely empty.

I wish I could play...

Updated with Six Launcher as well just a moment ago and spawned in the wilderness without any gear.

I was just begining to do good :-/

I as well just updated with six updater and I keep spawning in the wilderness. Even if I run east and then log off. I spawn back there. I do not wish to respawn I have an m16 an m1911 car parts nv goggles and many tools such as a gps

Does Six Updater/Launcher do both dayz client + arma2 client? (both needed to run dayz).

Chances are there's a version mismatch somewhere, e.g. if you're running the latest dayz client (1.7.1.5) then you must join a server that says 1.7.1.5 in its title (best to set the gamespy filter up to 1.7.1.5 for obvious reasons).

Suggested non-Six Updater installs:-

dayz client : http://www.worrom.com/

arma2 client : http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

Does Six Updater/Launcher do both dayz client + arma2 client? (both needed to run dayz).

Chances are there's a version mismatch somewhere' date=' e.g. if you're running the latest dayz client (1.7.1.5) then you must join a server that says 1.7.1.5 in its title (best to set the gamespy filter up to 1.7.1.5 for obvious reasons).

[/quote']

It does, and I did check the server's DayZ version, and its Arma beta version against mine. All up to date and matching. (At least according the the server's name. I also didn't get the watermark message thingy.)

I should've mentioned that, sorry all!

Stuck as well, currently been running in Wilderness South East for around 20 minutes. Logged due to food going down as was just about to go to supermarket when it happened!

Updated through Six Updater as well, but all is matching as my brother updated through it as well and all was fine.

Anyway to force teleport back to civilization without losing backpack and items as I have decent stuff and aint died for many hours.

Cheers

I now seem to be in the normal world, but no matter how many times I respawn, my inventory is empty. No bag, no flashlight, and all that.

From Rocket: Found the issue causing the debug forest spawn. Fixed in the next hotfix (1.7.1.6), eta 8 hours.

We'll see if that sorts the wasteland out too.

Stuck in the Wilderness. Even if I get out relogging causes me to be restuck in the middle of the Wilderness. Running latest beta and DayZ as always.

Same.... It already happened last week after a mod update, made me loose really good equipement.

And that first time, I had a GPS. Here were my displayed coordinates : 812 - 895.

This time i've emailed the devteam, and i'll be waiting for the eventual hotfix or next patch to log in and see what i can do.

If at least I can run back to the map and THEN my position gets saved, that will do.