stephen.p.farrer@gmail.com

[Report] Spawned in Wilderness/Debug Forest/Endless Ocean

All my files are up to date and I still ended up in the damn debug zone so I thought I may as well record it;

Also I heard killing people/looting the bodies will get your perma banned which sucks but I understand that.

I'm dreading logging on and having to get out of that damn area -__-

Yes canada 2 fix helped me when stuck in debug plains!!!! thnx alot!!!!

spawned in forrest. was alot of corpses and stuck characters there. i just headed east and ran.

no sound or debug etc because im running 1.7.1 and server is 1.7.0. Was begging noone would shoot me.

came to a town and aborted in forrest ouside town. logged in to another server and i was still outside the town!

think it is Pavlovo town I reached.

I came out of the wilderness with the Canada 2 fix... Then I got killed with all my stuff. -_-

But well :/ The wilderness had already taken my camo. ;(

It figures, first time I EVER played the game/mod and THIS happens...

I can't find this "canada 2" server you're all talking about either.

i tried this canada 2 fix; it wiped everything on my char and i still spawn in the plains

Any update on this bug? I can get out of there but I don't see any zombies in the cities, and when I log back in im back in the wilderness.

I can't use food or drink either (I right click them but I don't get the option). Already tried reinstalling the update + hotfix.

I'm also seeing the player's "squares" from 10 thousand meters, so I also know where's everyone.

/Edit: Even if I choose respawn, I'll just spawn at the wilderness but with no guns.

GUYS THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT AND SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED FOR ME SO LISTEN UP

When you install the beta patch, MAKE SURE to download the .bat file as stated on THIS page. Run the game only from that .bat file. Otherwise, it doesn't seem you're running the beta properly and your locations gets all fucky-uppy.

If I can get a confirm on the above it'd be nice. Also, Canada 2 spawns you in the forest debug if you're using 1.7.1.1. This probably works for any 1.7.0 server. 1.7.1 and 1.7.1.1 servers seem to spawn you in the debug plains. The debug forest is less than ten minutes west of Pavlovo, so traveling east will bring you there.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: I also still had all my gear. But when I used the .bat file and went onto a 1.7.1.1 + beta server that "not being able to eat or drink or see the debug menu" thing didn't happen. In other words the game was normal aside from me being in the wilderness.

if i run my way back to the game area and then log off, will my location be saved? or will i log back into wilderness?

For the second time now, I have died on spawn for no reason, knowing I had disconnected in a safe place. Would like for an admin to contact me to for full details.

When you install the beta patch' date=' MAKE SURE to download the .bat file as stated on THIS page. Run the game only from that .bat file. Otherwise, it doesn't seem you're running the beta properly and your locations gets all fucky-uppy.

Yes, that's a good batch file but does no more than what you should do manually. IE "Go to the Arma2:OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes to the target line."

NB. the above batch file has option "-window" in the command line which should be deleted.

if i run my way back to the game area and then log off' date=' will my location be saved? or will i log back into wilderness?

[/quote']

If you can see the debug menu and have all your gear then, of-course, your location will (SHOULD) be saved. I'll try the hotfix later. Doesn't say anything about the wilderness issues.

This is how I manged to get out of the wilderness plains (and found a bycicle;) ).

First of all. If you have nothing of value, respawn!

If you still want to survive read on.

Find a server where you can move. I noticed there are some server where you start beeing stucked.

Then you need to find "East".

If you have a compas, then you are as good as back. If not, you have to improve. You can try to use the sun or the moon to navigate. There are a lot of tutorials out there how to do this.

An other trick may be to use other players as orientation. I noticed they all spawn looking in one direction. I think it is north, but I am not 100% shure. But if you have no clue eather, give it a try.

Go E/SE! Try to find a far point(like a star, the moon, the sun, a peek, etc) in your direction. The take some paper and get your "w" key stucked. This will ease the pain on your middle finger:) It will take about 15 minutes you get back into the game.

After 5 - 10 minutes of walking you will see the first trees. At this point I had some great luck. I found a bycicle. This boosted my journey enormously. ;)

For you, if you aren't that lucky, it will take another 5 - 1o minutes to be back in the map. As we a aproach from the West, we will hit the road on the left side of map. The road connects the south an the north. So there is no chance you can miss it.

So good luck and don't give up.

Mr. Beanz

Batch file doesnt do alot.

Still stuck in wilderness, still have all my gear and enough food and water to run out :S il celotape my keyboard down for a few hours later...

4th time in a week ive spawned here i must be doing something wrong when i logout lol..

Cant find the Canada 2 server to test the debug forest theory out it must be down

Player name: Jimieus

Player ID: 937437

Stuck in debug plains after update. ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i'm also stuck in the wilderness

Name: Payn

Player ID: 1764354

i still have all my gear so i hope someone can help!

(i had an issue with my keyboard and got kicked of server before, don't know if this is important)

3 options (for debug wilderness). Start again, walk SE for miles or try and get on a 1.7.0 server which will put you in the debug forest (much closer to real world as you probably know).

Problem is finding a 1.7.0 server. "canada 2" is the best but is down at present :-(

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list?mquery=&nquery=dayz+-+canada+2&state_playing=1&state_down=1&state_waiting=1

Name: Shminx

I was running around in the vicinity of stary Sobor, in the forest to the northeast, when suddenly a Battleeye #16 kicked me (Oddly after playing for awhile, not instantly when joining). Now I'm spawning in the wasteland/debug forest with all my gear gone.

BEFORE:

Heads Slots: Binoculars

Primary Weapon: Winchester

Primary Slots: 4 Winchester Mags, 2 Water bottles(full), 1 Water bottle(empty), 1 can of beans, 1 Blue chemlight, 1 Roadflare, 1 morphine

Secondary weapon: Makarov

Secondary Slots: Full of Makarov ammo, except for two bandages

Utility Slots: Hunting knife, hatchet, map, watch

Backpack(Czech): 2 Blood bags, 3 Winchester Mags, 3 Painkillers, 1 Heatpack, 2 Frank&Beans, 1 Jerry can(Ithinkitwasempty)

AFTER:

Everything: NOTHING

Lawl, hope this gets fixed soon. Wish I could get the gear back, but if there's nothing that can be done, I'll be fine trying the new "unmakarov" way of raiding Cherno/Elektro. (: