byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

Thats simply not the case or ppl are using map hacks to find hidden vehicles. 2 hidden ATVs in the woods at different locations disappeared over night, before that, the inventory of one of them was totally messed up.

Not cool.

That's no good! Could still be bad luck but it's a bit too much for a coincidence.

I would recommend everyone else running with vehicles to please report on the thread if you have lost them "unusually" much when hidden. That way we (Byrg) can figure out if something is wrong.

I guess I should confess that I did once steal a sedan that I found hidden. Not gonna say where I found it though ;) And for whoever might be angry at me, I did get murdered shortly afterwards so karma got me quite quick that time... :P

@Falconberger Try updating your beta to the latest version.

Cheers dude, I found the various client version installs. Just been on (prior to the server going down), trying to get my shit together after the city death-squads where shooting at anything that moved last night. :rolleyes:

Edited by Falconberger

Cheers dude, I found the various client version installs. Just been on (prior to the server going down), trying to get my shit together after the city death-squads where shooting at anything that moved last night. :rolleyes:

They were pretty lousy shots tho, at least got my head alive out of Cherno :D and after got picked up by some guys that had a chopper LOL

Btw im JohnRambo ingame and im friendly so if anyone wants to team up we can arrange something.

BTW when is server going back up?

Edited by nixy91

Full moon ruins the need for NVG. ( both a plus and a negative )

Only a plus, as i hate NVG's. they have no place in this game really.

My server has been down for time time today, because SOMEONE (my fucking GF) turned the switch off on the wall and shut everything down OMFG. i am so pissed at her atm, thats not gonna fucking happen again, stupid girls and fucking technology..............................................................................................

Well...at least you have working PC. :D My system SSD died today so I am taking it for data recovery. Hopefully see you guys ingame in 7 days. :)

• Like 1

Well...at least you have working PC. :D My system SSD died today so I am taking it for data recovery. Hopefully see you guys ingame in 7 days. :)

damn mate, sorry to hear lol.

The sever is back up now, stupid GF, gonna smakc her around lol.

If theres something of mine you dont touch, ITS THE FUCKING PC!!

it pisses me off, like tha ginger on youtube said :D

Thats simply not the case or ppl are using map hacks to find hidden vehicles. 2 hidden ATVs in the woods at different locations disappeared over night, before that, the inventory of one of them was totally messed up.

Not cool.

Apart of that, I would hate having full moon all the time and every night, cause DayZ is or at least should be much about fright. If noone is afraid of the dark anymore, the game will be just a shadow of what it has been.

Its is the case, you are the first in almost a month to say the inventory doesnt save right, so im guessing you saved "to much" Veteran has a save limit you know.

So if you spam save on the ATV, it wont save at all.

As we all know, this is dayz, and shit happens. You are the first to say "the shit doesnt save" since we changed to bliss, thats why im saying it cant be true mate.

If it happens again, i will look into it.

And ofc i can promise you there havent been anybody on with a maphack, its not easy to trace.

EDIT:

I will look into the moon light and tweak it abit :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Lol, I was totally expecting that to read "Well... at least you have a girlfriend" :P

Hey Byrg, want to remove the NVGs from the server? It is possible you know... ;) Would start a pretty serious flame-fest though :P

• Like 1

Lol, I was totally expecting that to read "Well... at least you have a girlfriend" :P

Hey Byrg, want to remove the NVGs from the server? It is possible you know... Would start a pretty serious flame-fest though :P

Well, im temptet ;)

But it would prob get to many of the carebears, up from theyre chairs haha.

I will try to tweak the moon, over the next couple of dayz, and i would love for you guys to give a "nightly report" ;)

EDIT:

I just read the last page again (im pretty drunk so give me credit hehe) and i miseed some stuff :)

The timezone idea is a very good idea actually.

The main reason i changed the timezone, was because Lingor has "wierd" hours, but we are back ar Chernarus, where its loooong days.

I will restart soon and implement the new moon date, and i will change the time zone abit.

Lemme know how it feels guys.

And thanks so much for all the ideas and support, this is the reason i do it :) the community we build up on the server.

:beans: :beans:

EDIT2:

Ive changed timezone to -4gmt and set a new "moon phase".

please lemme know how it works out guys :)

EDIT3:

Fear not my freinds, ive got GREAT NEWS

ClK93.jpg

GZ on 17k views btw :D

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

They were pretty lousy shots tho, at least got my head alive out of Cherno :D and after got picked up by some guys that had a chopper LOL

Btw im JohnRambo ingame and im friendly so if anyone wants to team up we can arrange something.

I didn't see the shooter but he must've missed the bambi because three seconds later I saw him belting out of Cherno and up the hill, haha! I like having a few out and out killers who just perma-patrol the coast though - it makes it edgy as fuck to go and get medical supplies from the big towns. Conversely I hate it when everyone just plays team deathmatch. About 10% shit heads would work well for balancing I think.

Right now I've got a small group of players together, so once we're set up I'll keep an eye out for you. I think there's only Fudd and one other guy who hasn't fired at me as soon as they've seen me <_<. The other guy ran off, haha!

I didn't see the shooter but he must've missed the bambi because three seconds later I saw him belting out of Cherno and up the hill, haha! I like having a few out and out killers who just perma-patrol the coast though - it makes it edgy as fuck to go and get medical supplies from the big towns. Conversely I hate it when everyone just plays team deathmatch. About 10% shit heads would work well for balancing I think.

Right now I've got a small group of players together, so once we're set up I'll keep an eye out for you. I think there's only Fudd and one other guy who hasn't fired at me as soon as they've seen me <_<. The other guy ran off, haha!

Hmm, you must have been unlucky then? Not that I have met too many players, but I get the feeling most of them are pretty friendly. Of course, they may be avoiding people. I've definately avoided more players than I actually met.

Played tonight until about an hour after night fall, very overclouded and black as night.

Maybe when the Moon comes up and the storm dies it will be playable but as it is, a pair of NVG's would come in handy :ph34r: !

- 4 GMT is about right I believe.

Thanks.

Well, I dont agree. I logged off when it was getting really dark and it was around 1am. That means, there will never be night for me on this server anymore unless I decide to play through the (RL) night.

I see that playing in darkness isnt convenient, but I really miss the times when the server was synched to real CET time. GMT-1 was an acceptable tradeoff, but now its gonna be far too easy at least for european players.

EDIT: Plus: I love the thrill of a pitch-black night :)

Edited by Avatar73

My character got reset again with no equipment in the wilderness. Not even a backback. Grim.

This has something to do with the saving process of the DB, so my guess is it could have been the server crash yesterday.

I hope it doesnt happen to much, it seems to have something to do with when you logoff before restart.

Played tonight until about an hour after night fall, very overclouded and black as night.

Maybe when the Moon comes up and the storm dies it will be playable but as it is, a pair of NVG's would come in handy :ph34r: !

Thanks.

Actually, its gmt-3, i made a typo hehe. 5 hours behind my actual time.

A storm again? i wonder if its fixed to the date ive choosen for the server.

Well, I dont agree. I logged off when it was getting really dark and it was around 1am. That means, there will never be night for me on this server anymore unless I decide to play through the (RL) night.

I see that playing in darkness isnt convenient, but I really miss the times when the server was synched to real CET time. GMT-1 was an acceptable tradeoff, but now its gonna be far too easy at least for european players.

EDIT: Plus: I love the thrill of a pitch-black night :)

gmt-3, typo hehe, will correct it.

But yeh, thats not so great tbh, as we got alot of european players.

I like tha dark nights aswell, but i hate NVG's, dont want em and dont wanna use em hehe, it ruins he game tbh.

So i think its a matter of a little more "testing" of the moonphase and maybe a timezone tweak. i will correct my typo :)

"A storm again? i wonder if its fixed to the date ive choosen for the server."

Could well be.

Try setting to somewhere in or around mid-summers day.

This will give good weather and perhaps more importantly long DayZ and short NightZ, doing away with the need to - gmt anything.

Ascending or descending Moon phase with a little bit of cloud cover & Fog prediction should give something acceptable (for most players).

I am enjoying my time on your Server so far as are my mates, there were four of us last night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

"A storm again? i wonder if its fixed to the date ive choosen for the server."

Could well be.

Try setting to somewhere in or around mid-summers day.

This will give good weather and perhaps more importantly long DayZ and short NightZ, doing away with the need to - gmt anything.

Ascending or descending Moon phase with a little bit of cloud cover & Fog prediction should give something acceptable (for most players).

I am enjoying my time on your Server so far as are my mates, there were four of us last night for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Thats a good idea, im gonna have to find a lunar calender for the northern hemisphere hehe.

Thx for the kind words :) i still havent figured out who you are ingame tho hehe.

EDIT:

If i set the date to 8/6-2012 it should give us 83% fullmoon light, according to the lunar calendar :) will put it in at next restart. if you are right about the day time, i will look into the timezone aswell.

Edited by Byrgesen

If u make such changes to make the game easier, why dont u turn back on crosshair, 3rd pesron viewn and all the rest (:

Just want to say that im against all these changes with moonlight and etc when we have True Hardcore Settings. It doesn't make any sense)

Edited by Woozie

If u make such changes to make the game easier, why dont u turn back on crosshair, 3rd pesron viewn and all the rest (:

Just want to say that im against all these changes with moonlight and etc when we have True Hardcore Settings. It doesn't make any sense)

Hehe you got a point mate.

But thoose settings arent comming back on, they ruin the game tbh. A little moonlight does not however, we all agreed that fullmoon was to bright so now we are trying to find a setting where you can see, but not very good.

We dont want insane bright nights. but we would like to be able to see a little bit of the stuff in front of us :)

Pitch black can be fun, but not for 6-8 consecutive hours

Edited by Byrgesen

Tactical use of Moon Shadow is anything but easy.

+ a decent camo face mask !

Is the face mask possibly a bandit skin? :)

Exactly my point there, pitch black isnt hardcore, its slaughter fest for people with NVG's

With the correct amount of moonlight, nobody can feel safe at night.

EDIT:

Ive created a "Ban-mail" on the main post all the way in the bottom, for thoose that believe they have been banned for the wrong reasons.

Also BE was acting up last night, it could be a new update comming or another mass-ban rolling out, dunno yet. Maybe they just restarted the main server.

Edited by Byrgesen