byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

I would like to ask if it's all kill on sight/pvp retarded kind of server. I for one am not the killer type unless I have to; so I'm asking if there is a teamspeak or something, or if there's any clans or groups of people.

I would like to ask if it's all kill on sight/pvp retarded kind of server. I for one am not the killer type unless I have to; so I'm asking if there is a teamspeak or something, or if there's any clans or groups of people.

KOS is allowed, but in general people would rather help one another then kill one another, in general :)

But you will quickly find out who to trust and who not to trust :)

No TS, theres ingame coms. and we have some people who run in groups, but its alot of regular players here.

Is the face mask possibly a bandit skin? :)

Exactly my point there, pitch black isnt hardcore, its slaughter fest for people with NVG's

With the correct amount of moonlight, nobody can feel safe at night.

EDIT:

Ive created a "Ban-mail" on the main post all the way in the bottom, for thoose that believe they have been banned for the wrong reasons.

Also BE was acting up last night, it could be a new update comming or another mass-ban rolling out, dunno yet. Maybe they just restarted the main server.

1 :The Face mask was reffering to the future possible use of RoccoFaces !

2: Is BE supported with Beta 97127 ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140273-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-97127-(1-62-MP-compatible-build-post-1-62-release)&p=2226495&viewfull=1#post2226495

1 :The Face mask was reffering to the future possible use of RoccoFaces !

2: Is BE supported with Beta 97127 ?

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2226495

Lol didnt even think of the mod.

Hmm read the thread, so they want server owners to use the latest patch, because its MUCH more stabil, but BE is not supported yet?

What to do lol?

Think it would take long for BE to be supported? or should we simply downgrade again -_- would hate that really.

But it hasnt affected my gameplay at all, how many has it affected? i saw the mass "loosing connection" last night, but that doesnt seem like BE, it actually loks more like the router needed a reboot or we had a DDOS again.

BE support usually takes 4/6 hours.

I just remembered that my BE updated and restarted yesterday so I don't think that is the problem.

One of my mates lost connection when he tried to open up the DayZ DB Loot Map in a different window but that is not unusual.

He re-connected with the DayZ DB Loot Map already running and things were back to normal.

BE support usually takes 4/6 hours.

I just remembered that my BE updated and restarted yesterday so I don't think that is the problem.

One of my mates lost connection when he tried to open up the DayZ DB Loot Map in a different window but that is not unusual.

He re-connected with the DayZ DB Loot Map already running and things were back to normal.

Ok thx for the info.

I cleaned the DB this morning, removing 121 dead bodies looool, amongst other stuff

I also restarted the router, gateway and pc.

It seems like its running smooth now.

EDIT:

I did some reading up and it seems like we need to downgrade beta untill BE figures out how to be compatible with the 97127.

back to 97028 for now guys. will restart soon

EDIT2:

It would also seem like the poll has quieted down, i will give it till 2morrow :)

Edited by Byrgesen

There seem to be little pockets of people working together as far as I can see. For me the KoS has been a little over the top recently with people panic-shooting at new spawns who pose very little threat. Though, in those instances, the players shooting have been new to the server (like me) so I can understand the anxiety. There are a few people who definitely play the game as something more than a retarded kiddy shoot-em-up.

Refugee Camp:

Due to some accident in setting up the Refugee Camp, the entrance is blocked by sandbags and barbed wire. Even if removed, they respawn at every server restart. <_<

So i placed a tent filled up with toolboxes outside the entrance, thus allowing newly spawned players access to the camp. I dont mind if you take one of them for your own use, but it would be nice, if you put at least the last left over back to that tent.

Thank you very much for cooperation.

Signed, Quartermaster Punch

• Like 1

We have had a beta downgrade guys, DONT use 97127 yet.

Downgrade to 97028.

Ive also set the new "lunar date" so have a look tonight guys, i havent touched the timezone yet though.

There seem to be little pockets of people working together as far as I can see. For me the KoS has been a little over the top recently with people panic-shooting at new spawns who pose very little threat. Though, in those instances, the players shooting have been new to the server (like me) so I can understand the anxiety. There are a few people who definitely play the game as something more than a retarded kiddy shoot-em-up.

As said before, you will quickly discover who you can trust :)

Some just play bandits, killing all over the place, while some try to help the others all the time.

Refugee Camp:

Due to some accident in setting up the Refugee Camp, the entrance is blocked by sandbags and barbed wire. Even if removed, they respawn at every server restart. <_<

So i placed a tent filled up with toolboxes outside the entrance, thus allowing newly spawned players access to the camp. I dont mind if you take one of them for your own use, but it would be nice, if you put at least the last left over back to that tent.

Thank you very much for cooperation.

Signed, Quartermaster Punch

Rofl, it was me, im so bad at the placing hehe.

But this is worth beans sir, nice initiative ;)

EDIT:

I might remove some of the wire and sandbags in a restart soon and build something new around the refugee camp :)

Its bad ppl cant get in hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

Byrg apparently Rmod is allowing u to put some new vehicles on the server along with new weapons, so i believe that would refresh things up a bit

heres a video of the server running Rmod:

well u probably know that but for ppl that dont know what Rmod is.

Edited by nixy91

Byrg apparently Rmod is allowing u to put some new vehicles on the server along with new weapons, so i believe that would refresh things up a bit

heres a video of the server running Rmod:

well u probably know that but for ppl that dont know what Rmod is.

Thanks mate.

But i dont know if it will add the right elements that dayz needs. we dont need more hightech mili stuff, so it would be alot of configuration i think :)

It is a possibility ofc.

Something like Roccos Face Mod is also very appealing

EDIT:

I might remove some of the wire and sandbags in a restart soon and build something new around the refugee camp :)

Its bad ppl cant get in hehe.

Wires seem to be bugged, removing them dont delete them in database, so every server restart, theyre back. I doubt anyone is retarded enough to spend all his time to rebuild those removed fences and sandbags every restart... not sure though ;)

I'm not going online for a couple of days so I can't help figuring out what timezone might be best for the server, but I do want nighttime to come sometime on my evening (21 - 23), not my night (24 ->). I'm in GMT+1 by the way. Pretty sure it will be impossible to cater for everyone with this though...

By the way, ArmA has an "overcast" slider in the editor, that should be in the mission file somewhere so you could edit it by hand Byrg. Less overcast = less storms. I still think DayZ is running it's own weather scripts though, in order to mix the weather up a little.

Byrg you can remove the sandbags and wires around the Refuge camp can't you? From the database I mean.

BTW, can you have more than one poll running at the same time? I would love to see what people think about removing NVGs, I could easily make it so that if you pick up NVGs they are switched for a rangefinder instead. The rangefinder should actually have nightvision as well, it's just more "cumbersome" to use.

Edited by DuggeDank

I'm not going online for a couple of days so I can't help figuring out what timezone might be best for the server, but I do want nighttime to come sometime on my evening (21 - 23), not my night (24 ->). I'm in GMT+1 by the way. Pretty sure it will be impossible to cater for everyone with this though...

By the way, ArmA has an "overcast" slider in the editor, that should be in the mission file somewhere so you could edit it by hand Byrg. Less overcast = less storms. I still think DayZ is running it's own weather scripts though, in order to mix the weather up a little.

Byrg you can remove the sandbags and wires around the Refuge camp can't you? From the database I mean.

BTW, can you have more than one poll running at the same time? I would love to see what people think about removing NVGs, I could easily make it so that if you pick up NVGs they are switched for a rangefinder instead. The rangefinder should actually have nightvision as well, it's just more "cumbersome" to use.

I can remove em manually from the DB yes, and i prob will at some point hehe.

I cant run two poll's at the same time i think, but im not sure tho.

If you do that, would it require people to download something?

I dont really wanna mess with the weather, coz its pretty nice as it is i think.

Just the moon light intensity :)

EDIT:

Ive added another poll, in order to vote, you will have to deete your current vote and then vote again. hopefully uou havent forgot you vote for mods ;)

There is a new Beta (97239), no info at this time.

Hmm, im kinda hesitant atm, with the BE crap.

But if you hear any news, pls keep me updated :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Refugee Camp:

Hey Guys,

if you find a white Gaz next to the Refugee Camp it would be nice to ignore it, cuz i need a vehicle to keep up resupplying the Camp. If you just need it, please return it after use or before you log out. Any gear found inside is free tho. :P

After all its just a plea, as there are no rules bout taking whats left behind. :blush:

Thanks for cooperating,

Punch :)

• Like 1

Refugee Camp:

Hey Guys,

if you find a white Gaz next to the Refugee Camp it would be nice to ignore it, cuz i need a vehicle to keep up resupplying the Camp. If you just need it, please return it after use or before you log out. Any gear found inside is free tho. :P

After all its just a plea, as there are no rules bout taking whats left behind. :blush:

Thanks for cooperating,

Punch :)

You are very trusting of people ;)

You are very trusting of people ;)

Well i offer a lot of my time in favor of a easy startup for all our players, so i think they will respect my efforts.

But after all at least one asshole is around in every place and will screw things up, so i dont count on finding that vehicle after relog at all, but i would be very happy if i do! ;)

Nvm, i believe in karma, so what goes around, comes around.

Keep that in mind, selfish a**hole buggers. B)

EDIT:

Well I would like to know if you people appreciate the existance of that camp and make use of it!?

So if you just quote adding a "Yes" or "STFU" ?!? :huh:

Edited by Punch

Well i offer a lot of my time in favor of a easy startup for all our players, so i think they will respect my efforts.

But after all at least one asshole is around in every place and will screw things up, so i dont count on finding that vehicle after relog at all, but i would be very happy if i do! ;)

Nvm, i believe in karma, so what goes around, comes around.

Keep that in mind, selfish a**hole buggers. B)

EDIT:

Well I would like to know if you people appreciate the existance of that camp and make use of it!?

So if you just quote adding a "Yes" or "STFU" ?!? :huh:

I love the idea of the refugee camp :)

But i think most people dont leave stuff, they come and take some stuff and then leave heh, but thats what its ment for anyway.

hellow guys, pro pilot here, if I ever get my hands on a chopper I be giving free rides :V

till then, sniper wars in cerno till I get an ALICE back pack.

hellow guys, pro pilot here, if I ever get my hands on a chopper I be giving free rides :V

Go to the supermarkets :)

Werent you the "friendly" new guy? :)

Me and the other admins are talking the moon situation over atm, we might end up dropping it completely and going back to random moons, depending on how it goes 2night

EDIT:

At next server restart ALL wire and sandbags will be removed from the server.

Edited by Byrgesen

Did, there were none, Paul or whatever his name was was sniping around, on 2 occasions tried (and failed miserably) to hit me; so I didn't risk going to the apartments, and why I was actively trying to snipe them back with an enfield from 800 meters (lol GENIUS!). I am by all means friendly/helpful/whitelisted medic and trader.

Whoever's doing the market clean up in cerno, kudos.

Rollin with a CZ till I get an alice backpack D:

also looking for ppl to roll with.

Did, there were none, Paul or whatever his name was was sniping around, on 2 occasions tried (and failed miserably) to hit me; so I didn't risk going to the apartments, and why I was actively trying to snipe them back with an enfield from 800 meters (lol GENIUS!). I am by all means friendly/helpful/whitelisted medic and trader.

Whoever's doing the market clean up in cerno, kudos.

Rollin with a CZ till I get an alice backpack D:

also looking for ppl to roll with.

Im comming online now :) spawned in prigo.

Im comming online now :) spawned in prigo.

now that's just bad timing, I have work right now. if you're still around in 2~hours ;)