byrgesen

Pl@net DayZ Gaming Community | HC Veteran & Expert | Website, Forums & Whitelist | TeamSpeak - NOT Vilayer

Voted YES.

Small Mods like Roco Faces, which will enhance the game without changing the base gameplay, I think are worth while.

Anybody who takes the time to install a mod or two will more than likely stay loyal to the server, even more so than now.

Full Moon ?

I am lucky enough to have the time to play in the day, the two or three guys that play with me are not so lucky and can only play in the evenings.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Voted YES.

Small Mods like Roco Faces, which will enhance the game without changing the base gameplay, I think are worth while.

Anybody who takes the time to install a mod or two will more than likely stay loyal to the server, even more so than now.

Full Moon ?

I am lucky enough to have the time to play in the day, the two or three guys that play with me are not so lucky and can only play in the evenings.

Thanks.

Uhh so honored by your "Blue" visit ;)

thx for the input mate and you have a good point there.

Maybe i should look into the smaller mods, wich doesnt change the actual gameplay, only apperance :)

Full moon, dunno about it hehe. I personally love the pitch black darkness you get some nights, but it can also be the most anoying part of the game lol.

Im kinda in love with the idea of mods acting as yet another security feature, very appealing.

You are however right about the poll, i need to re phrase it :)

Haha, the poll was actually like Aisling suggested from the start. It was me who first got Byrg to change the poll, but now I agree with Aisling that it's better to just ask everyone in the thread :P Just let it sit for at least a week before making a decision.

And I guess I agree that mods that doesn't affect gameplay (unless they fix bugs) are better than gamechanging ones, of course, adding more variation in vehicles is also really just cosmetic.

Additional faces would be awesome, I would also love seeing more clothes, even having the option to choose clothes by spawning them somewhere for people to pick up. Want to be a medic? Then choose the doctor skin! Want to be a mechanic? Then choose the mechanic skin! Want to be an old woman who walks with a crooked back and can't use any weapons? Then... well, old hag might not be that fun to play ;)

How about summer vegetation? That would definately make the server stand out from everyone else as it's no longer autumn! Although I do believe the autumny feel of the map fits rather well with zombies. A decaying world for a decaying people.

Edited by DuggeDank

The pleasure is all mine, I have spent a couple of hours on your/the server already.

The reason I ask about the Moon phase is because the guys I play with can only be on-line in the evening and asked me to find a good Server with more vehicles and less troublesome players (Hackers/scriptykids) and Full MooonZ.

I admit that a clear night does change to a certain degree the play style but,,,, not a lot :D.

Easy enough to implement and would pretty much guarantee a better evening time player count.

Another question I would like to ask is about Server restarts, are they as nesecerry on a local Hive as in the Official DB build ?

If so, are they at a fixed time and on a regular basis ?

Thanks.

Have some :beans:

Haha, the poll was actually like Aisling suggested from the start. It was me who first got Byrg to change the poll, but now I agree with Aisling that it's better to just ask everyone in the thread :P Just let it sit for at least a week before making a decision.

And I guess I agree that mods that doesn't affect gameplay (unless they fix bugs) are better than gamechanging ones, of course, adding more variation in vehicles is also really just cosmetic.

Additional faces would be awesome, I would also love seeing more clothes, even having the option to choose clothes by spawning them somewhere for people to pick up. Want to be a medic? Then choose the doctor skin! Want to be a mechanic? Then choose the mechanic skin! Want to be an old woman who walks with a crooked back and can't use any weapons? Then... well, old hag might not be that fun to play ;)

How about summer vegetation? That would definately make the server stand out from everyone else as it's no longer autumn! Although I do believe the autumny feel of the map fits rather well with zombies. A decaying world for a decaying people.

Rofl im mixing it up :) but i will leave the poll for some time guys, so we can figure it out hehe.

The skin idea is awsome mate, would ad some of the RP feeling the game is missing atm :) Know where to get it or similar stuff? like tha Rocco face mod

Ive never played around with mods like that before.

Ive actualy been thinking about trying the summer mod, but as you said, perhaps not the right feel. I mean lingor was cool, but not for a post apocalyptic world, it was just to much paradise hehe.

I would have to see screens and perhaps some videos to make up my mind there ;)

The pleasure is all mine, I have spent a couple of hours on your/the server already.

The reason I ask about the Moon phase is because the guys I play with can only be on-line in the evening and asked me to find a good Server with more vehicles and less troublesome players (Hackers/scriptykids) and Full MooonZ.

I admit that a clear night does change to a certain degree the play style but,,,, not a lot :D.

Easy enough to implement and would pretty much guarantee a better evening time player count.

Another question I would like to ask is about Server restarts, are they as nesecerry on a local Hive as in the Official DB build ?

If so, are they at a fixed time and on a regular basis ?

Thanks.

Have some :beans:

Is that moon mod like Rmod, as in users need it to join? or just server side?

If its server side im willing to implement it fast :) i can see the benefits of it, and it will still be dark.

And you are not the first to "complain" about the darkness :blush:

The server restart arent as nesecarry here, coz of the lower amount of players and coz theres only 1 server on the DB, so it doesnt get "clotted" as fast.

Ive tryed running it for almost 3 days once and it got unplayable, but i usually restart 2-3 times a day. Maybe more if there has been important updates for Bliss.

Even though it seems like Bliss can run fine with up to 30 users and only be restarted 1-2 times a day. Know some people who do this.

Ive always ran the restart manually, i dont like the idea of scheduled restarts, coz that would allow people to schedule theyre playtime after it, like farming crashes, recovering crashed vehicles and such. Ofc this also mean sometimes the restart get postponed, so one of our "carebears" can get his corpse back hehe.

And with this software it runs better then ever really.

EDIT:

GZ on 16k views omg :o

Edited by Byrgesen

OK, thanks for the answers.

As for the clear moon, in a normal mission it would perhaps be set in a weather script.

To be quite honest, I've absolutly no idea how that would effect the relation with \time/ in DayZ.

Somebody, somewhere, knows how to do it.

Not I.

OK, thanks for the answers.

As for the clear moon, in a normal mission it would perhaps be set in a weather script.

To be quite honest, I've absolutly no idea how that would effect the relation with \time/ in DayZ.

Somebody, somewhere, knows how to do it.

Not I.

Will find out mate :) i know alot of my users would like it ;)

EDIT:

I think ive figured out the Full Moon stuff, looks like its a simple edit in the missionfile lol. will test 2night.

Edited by Byrgesen

Just went on and its awesome!

Great work on the server and it's alot of fun. Very friendly people!

Everyone should join!

• Like 1

We should have full moon nights now guys.

I need you night players to confirm it, i really hope i did my job right ;)

Ghillie or No ghillie?

Hey guys, I just stumbled over a ghillie suit tonight and as happy as I got it suddenly hit me that wearing a ghillie suit may actually make you a bigger target than not wearing any. People have a higher tendency to treat someone who looks like a fresh spawn with less hostility, if not just for being friendly then simply because they don't have anything worthwhile stealing. Also, someone in a ghillie looks more "dangerous" so might get shot simply because of that.

What are your thoughts? Does a ghillie change the way you react to players that you spot in game?

Personally I would act a bit more cautious towards a ghillied player, but the weapons he's carrying are probably more important in judging "expected hostility". Carebear like I am I wouldn't open fire on him unless he's obviously gunning for me or I'm backed into a corner.

EDIT:

OMG! Byrg is selling us out to hired hitmen! http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93062-hitman-for-hire/#entry874969 ;)

Edited by DuggeDank

OMG! Byrg is selling us out to hired hitmen! http://dayzmod.com/f...re/#entry874969 ;)

I would never.....

Still denying to ever having shot Forsaken btw!!

EDIT:

Ive found this awsome weapon chart

Weapon-Comparison-Chart.jpg

Edited by Byrgesen

Hey guys.

Arma II OA Beta Patch v.97127 have been applied

And i need some confirmation about last night and the moon and stuff :) i saw the server briefly lost connection to the gamespy master server this morning, dunno why tho :(

Edited by Byrgesen

Last night was as bright as it possibly could. Moon was shining even through the clouds. :D

Edited by Aisling

Last night was as bright as it possibly could. Moon was shining even through the clouds. :D

Damn, dunno if i want it that bright ;)

might have to tweak it abit to get it abit darker, i logged on about 21.00 server time and it was pretty bright there.

Is it to bright?

Ghillie or No ghillie?

Depends on your playstyle I reckon. If you're the kind of guy who finds himself mostly in the towns raiding for stuff then I'd probably not bother wearing one. However, if you're a wilderness guy, like me, then the ghillie would work wonders.

I'd probably just set up a camp and leave it there when I was doing some town raiding and switch back when I'd gotten medical supplies.

It was as bright as a Full Moon night with clear weather,,, until the Storm came, then it was,,, not so bright, overcast, wet and windy.

If you have set the date to a full moon phase, try setting + or - by a couple of DayZ.

If not, try increasing fog /cloud a little.

The only script I have seen can be found here...

http://forums.bistud...-Weather-Script

I doubt that it will be of any use in this case but its interesting to know that it exsists.

Q : "Is it to bright?"

A : a little.

The night Stalkers may not be to happy but if there were fewer players at night time before, then they (The Night Stalkers) will just have to deal with it.

We were 3 in the evening and later just two of us came back in to test the MooonZ.

Thanks for trying it out, have some more :beans:

Edited by Boneboys
  • Like 1

It was a tad bright in my opinion. Though that's not a bad thing if it's just like that during the full moon.

The problem isn't that it was bright, but if it's going to be like that even when the moon isn't full. So long as there is a balance that follows the moon phases, from bright full moon, through first/last quarter, to pitch black nights during new moon then I think we're golden.

**On a side note, I'm getting an 'incorrect server version'. Is there something that I need to update?

edit:spelling

Edited by Falconberger

Full moon ruins the need for NVG. ( both a plus and a negative )

It even ruins the need for flashlights... So in general I would say it's a negative. But I do understand that some people just can't play during the day, it is difficult to find the best solution.

What about switching the timezone around a little? I'm pretty sure morning has the least amount of players - Pushing the night slightly forward would allow for more sunshine for most players.

Of course, if there's more people like me who actually like when the darkness comes in and you don't have NVGs, have to get that flashlight out and make your way through the blackness of the forest, then these people would miss some of that feeling. But I guess we could just stay up longer at night now and then.

By the way, the game "follows" the moon cycles, but only to the point that you can choose on which date you want the mission to be and the moon will be whatever it would have been at that date. I'm pretty sure time does not move forward with the game, it resets at every restart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Edited by DuggeDank

By the way, the game "follows" the moon cycles, but only to the point that you can choose on which date you want the mission to be and the moon will be whatever it would have been at that date. I'm pretty sure time does not move forward with the game, it resets at every restart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Ah, so you'd literally have to set the date every day to maintain an accurate cycle, gotcha.

Setting the time to gmt -6 or something might be a good idea, however some people (myself included) do like playing at night.

Might have to go to the Polls on this one.

- Vehicles & tent inventory saves just fine

Thats simply not the case or ppl are using map hacks to find hidden vehicles. 2 hidden ATVs in the woods at different locations disappeared over night, before that, the inventory of one of them was totally messed up.

Not cool.

Apart of that, I would hate having full moon all the time and every night, cause DayZ is or at least should be much about fright. If noone is afraid of the dark anymore, the game will be just a shadow of what it has been.