soapmak3r

Oculus Rift support for stand alone DayZ

Rocket should really get his hands on a dev kit for Oculus Rift and get DayZ stand alone support for it as soon as possible. I imagine that it would be the ultimate experience of the game!

PCgamer demoed it and are saying it is as good as they have heard...DO WANT!

http://www.pcgamer.c...-heard-is-true/

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 11

Really? No one wants a completely immersive, true 3D, full human field of view, free-look, experience of this game? I find that hard to believe...

Edited by soapmak3r

I would absolutely love to see full support for this (if it actually works like they say it will ;))

• Like 2

I would absolutely love to see full support for this (if it actually works like they say it will ;))

The guys from PCGamer seemed pretty impressed, he was trying to 'break it' by moving his head around quickly and he said he couldn't...I guess it is the sort of thing you would really need to try, but when the guy has Gabe Newel and John Carmac backing him, I'd say that he is really onto something.

As far as I can tell, the main unit has been made and works perfectly. It just needs to be put into an aesthetically pleasing package and mass produced....and of course be supported in game engines.

I think it would be perfect for DayZ. Peaking around corners, watching your back, peering over things...

• Like 2

i remember when i saw the oculus for the first time, i thought it would make the perfect match with a tactical shooter like this, i approve (not like it matters though XD)

• Like 3

Hopefully Rocket gets his hands on a dev kit and prototype model to add support for it into the stand alone game.

• Like 1

This is the future.

Expect people to suffer heart attacks in a game like Day Z though

• Like 1

This would be great. 3D support in general would be extremely welcome for this 3D user as well.

Yep, i have been following the Rift and love it, i think there was something briefly said about by Rocket in the Reddit q and a. I use trackir and have for a while so its the next step forward.

• Like 1

I've been using my Alt button a lot for looking around while moving in one direction. The Rift HMD would be really, really nice to play the game with i would guess.

Hopefully more and more people will come to know that the 3D quality of games is much different than the 3D quality experienced [currently] in movies. I don't think many people are even aware that in a game, the game world basically is laid out in front of you since your monitor is so close and its like having a window to a holodeck. One think i really like about 3D especially is the dimensionality added to each object. The buildings in Chernogorsk would look just utterly huge and far up and looking out from them would give a huge, natural feeling of being high up.

• Like 1

Well, it's TrackIR on crack. IT WOULD RULE. Yes. Yes yes yes. YES YES YES YES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

If you can't tell, I think it's a decent idea.

you got my beans friend. Of course two of the best things to happen in gameing recently should combine!

Edited by freeman83
  • Like 1

We live in hope. Rocket seems to love it so hopefully at some point he can make it happen!

• Like 2

I just hope that the commercial release of this thing isn't super expensive. I was thinking that maybe it could be used in conjunction with this...

I think that we are ok with TrackIR for the moment. Also this Oculus Rift is not very good for people with glasses.

But yea, no harm if they implement it in future but I would hate if this Rift thingie implementation would delay release.

Bump!

So the Oculus Rift comes out this December? I'll buy the Oculus Rift JUST for DayZ if Rocket's had his team set that up. Let's see some support as soon as possible!

Still waiting over 10Years for Innovation in VR and damn, Oculus Rift is the first product that have a chance to change the art of Gaming!

Cant wait to buy the Oculus Rift!

Rocket make it possible with DayZ Standalone...this would be very nice! It need more Gamedesigner to support Oculus Rift! Help them to make it bigger & bigger. Help that the Oculus Rift getting the Nr.1 Hardware for VR Gaming!

Support Oculus Rift!

• Like 1

It seems like a perfect match for the ARMA engine. Since track IR is already implemented so well I would think the bulk of the engine coding is already there. Just take the output from the Oculus gyros and convert to whatever format the Track IR uses for pitch/yaw/roll (obviously not THAT easy). The Oculus however won't have a full 6 degrees of freedom like the Track IR, It will be missing the x, y, x translation. Can you imagine a system with Track IR for translation and the HMD for the rest? That would be pretty crazy.

And I think the 3D should be secondary to the head tracking if one were to be implemented first. Stereoscopic depth is no where near as important as a wide FOV and low latency head tracking. I think you would be surprised at how 3D a wide FOV HMD looks with the same image sent to each eye. Stereoscopy is very important for things within arms reach, but past that the bulk of what your brain uses to determine depth is already on the screen. Needless to say I'm excited for the oculus rift and really hope DayZ or the ARMA engine in general supports it! If not at least we'll have doom3, hawken, and other id/valve/epic stuff to look forward to.

I don't like all this "futuristic" shit, Track Ir is enough in my opinion.

If I would ask Rocket for something, I would ask him to ask his brother who is Virologist to create this virus that we saw in DayZ, in real life, this would be fun! :bandit: :murder:

and it will be real 3D... and free to "play", no glitches, no lags and no Alt+F4, no cheaters in real life!! ho ho

Edited by DooM4MR