YassirX

DayZ Standalone Collectors Edition

Collectors Edition  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy it?

2. 2. Should it contain special Ingame Weapon (Golden AK-74 for example)?

3. 3. Should it contain a special Ingame Clothing (no camouflage)?

Hey DayZ Community,

I personally think that DayZ would deserve a Collectors Edition. It could contain a printed Map of Chernarus and a DvD/Book which is documenting the Creation of DayZ from the sight of Rocket and the Developer Team.... maybe even some Ingame Items like a Special Clothing for Collectors-Edition buyers to show of their support for the game, but nothing game breaking (like weapons and such). Note: The Special Weapon could be a Golden AK 74 or something like that.

If DayZ gets a own Soundtrack (which I do hope) this should be on the Special-DvD as well.

Last but not least, most Collectors-Editions to carry a figure or picture... I personally think it would be funny if it would contain a Mountain Dew Can with the engraving "Made in Cherno"...

soda-mtndew.png

What do you think about this Suggestions and what would you like the Collectors Edition to contain?

regards

Edited by YassirX

no no no no and no. that sorta thing is killing games. buy this one u get this gun and bla bla bla. keep it the same. start with fuck all and run like fuck. makes it more fun in my eyes. dunno about other ppl

I answered YES to all BUT BUT BUT. it SHOULD NOT give you weapons. That bugs me. Perhaps you spawn with a map. OR you spawn with a morphine and an extra can of beans. Perhaps an extra two slots in your inventory. BUT NO GAME CHANGERS LIKE WEAPONS OR CAMO

As far as clothing... Something subtle, perhaps a helmet or different hat or access to a few more skins than other peeps but not like a ghillie or something.

I voted Yes, No, No

The reason for the yes should be easy ;)

The 2 no's too; nobody should have something that others don't have, just because they paid more (Pay2Win).

However, it would be fun to play the game and run around with a "Anyone in Cherno?" or "I played the alpha and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt ;)

The only problem with the CE is the fact that DayZ will probably only be available by download and not retail, so adding special items would be impossible. However, if the price is high enough ;) they should send it to me anyway :D

Its not P2W if its something that gives no edge over others, as long as the clothing isn't some kind of camouflage.

The clothing should defiantly not give any gameplay advantages, it should just be a special clothing which is showing the support.

Maybe Blue-Jeans and a T-Shirt with a Rocket on it....

No weapons, levels, characters, skins etc, that is horrible.

I'd like to see a collectiors edition of Day Z standalone as the developers need to be supported and something like this would be good for them.

I said Yes No Yes. Clothing should be something like a hat or something along those lines.

Now Rocket did say he was working on a CE for the Standalone and had many ideas and if they come through it would be epic. This should be somewhere in the AMA on Reddit he did this week.

Edited by Chaos5061

Can you please add

"should it come with a map of the DayZ world?"

&

"should it come with a short comic providing a brief history of the apocalpse?"

to the poll please?

Edited by Haplo

Yes, no, no.

A nice box - Aye

A printed map - Aye

A 'Mountain Dew Can with the engraving "Made in Cherno"' - Aye

A cool poster - Maybe

Any in-game changing item? - No

Edited by NobleBrutus

I'd buy a collectors edition, as long as I can get any physical contents of it shippied to Australia without paying through my arse in costs, in-game items would have to be carefully handled if implanted, maybe have an option of turning your secondary weapon into a golden colour or something (still not too fussed on the idea for guns, clothes might work but would still feel iffy to me)

64jmfd.jpg

First of all, my english is not perfect, but i hope you can understand me:

Hello, this is my first message and im only here to say one thing; Im making a real prototipe about a DayZ SA Collectors Edition. Im a profesional graphic designer. I can show you some stuff but for now the rest is secret. This special edition will contain a compas, an art book with 50 short stories writted by talented fans from "DayZspain.com", a gas mask, a full detailed map in a special case, the videogame of course, a 16GB canned food pen drive, and much more.

Here are 2 previews of the book (it look like as a anonimous collector survivor finding diaries from other survivors in houses, cars, etc. The book simulate like a creepy private collection full of memories from cherno survivors). This is the spanish version, but this is just a preview.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2hxc3dc.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/1idhyo.jpg

And now 2 articles inside the DayZ special box:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/amyvsw.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35377o6.jpg

Edited by Abetus
  • Like 1

64jmfd.jpg

First of all, my english is not perfect, but i hope you can understand me:

Hello, this is my first message and im only here to say one thing; Im making a real prototipe about a DayZ SA Collectors Edition. Im a profesional graphic designer. I can show you some stuff but for now the rest is secret. This special edition will contain a compas, an art book with 50 short stories writted by talented fans from "DayZspain.com", a gas mask, a full detailed map in a special case, the videogame of course, a 16GB canned food pen drive, and much more.

Here are 2 previews of the book (it look like as a anonimous collector survivor finding diaries from other survivors in houses, cars, etc. The book simulate like a creepy private collection full of memories from cherno survivors). This is the spanish version, but this is just a preview.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2hxc3dc.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/1idhyo.jpg

And now 2 articles inside the DayZ special box:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/amyvsw.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/35377o6.jpg

I wouldn't exactly go through with selling stuff that isn't yours. I.e. DayZ name, or the peoples stories that THEY wrote unless you asked all of them. I like it though, no doubt. I hope that the offical DayZ release has a collectors edition.

I wont sell it. Its just a prototype to send it to Bohemia.

Makes sense.

Yes, No, Yes

Adding a special clothing item for DayZ wouldn't harm a thing. It'd be like the capes in Minecraft or the Dice developer dog tags in BF3

DayZ standalone is digital release only last I checked...

Collector Editions of games and Pre-Orders are the biggest joke in gaming right now. Let's also add steam achievements and trading cards !!! /end sarcasim

bit of a necro rez post here innit? AUG 2012?

DayZ standalone is digital release only last I checked...

Collector Editions of games and Pre-Orders are the biggest joke in gaming right now. Let's also add steam achievements and trading cards !!! /end sarcasim

bit of a necro rez post here innit? AUG 2012?

Just as long as you or the OP is adding onto the topic in any way it's OK :)