Wo3dy

Community Banlist

You missed the point of the examples there... kiddo (and I'm flattered you wondered all the way to my profile to see my listed age). I wasn't trying to test your scripting knowledge, else I would have really posted some complex stuff to decrypt. The point of that was to show you just how easy it is to send in ANYTHING and all I have to do is change a GUID. Who's to say YOU don't do that... or the next guy or the next guy or the next guy? The fact is that this is all based on the honor system. My direct question to you was not if you could tell me what looks like a cheat but rather to tell me how you could prove that those names/GUID's were not altered, and quite simply....you can't.

Time stamps don't matter. None of that crap matters. All it takes is a quick change of a GUID and player name (hell, player name doesn't even really matter) and ther you have it.

The great thing about the CBL is they see it all, so not only do they compare the GUID but they compare the execution/cheat itself. It doesn't get much better then that and you're a fool for being so stubborn. If you don't like it then don't benefit from it. Stop trolling us and agree to disagree, you're never going to make up ground. This is a good thing for the community and you're simply in the wrong.

Ok, keep telling yourself that when one day your GUID ends up on the list... cause that could never happen right?

The fact that you don't validate anything at all is more then enough of a reason to avoid servers "Hosted by Overclock.net". I woudn't want my GUID or my son's GUID to wind up in your pool of blind submits. Again, no thanks.

You keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep doing what I'm doing. It's clear that you are happy and content with your blind methods.

You missed the point of the examples there... kiddo (and I'm flattered you wondered all the way to my profile to see my listed age). I wasn't trying to test your scripting knowledge, else I would have really posted some complex stuff to decrypt. The point of that was to show you just how easy it is to send in ANYTHING and all I have to do is change a GUID. Who's to say YOU don't do that... or the next guy or the next guy or the next guy? The fact is that this is all based on the honor system. My direct question to you was not if you could tell me what looks like a cheat but rather to tell me how you could prove that those names/GUID's were not altered, and quite simply....you can't.

Time stamps don't matter. None of that crap matters. All it takes is a quick change of a GUID and player name (hell, player name doesn't even really matter) and ther you have it.

Ok, keep telling yourself that when one day your GUID ends up on the list... cause that could never happen right?

The fact that you don't validate anything at all is more then enough of a reason to avoid servers "Hosted by Overclock.net". I woudn't want my GUID or my son's GUID to wind up in your pool of blind submits. Again, no thanks.

You keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep doing what I'm doing. It's clear that you are happy and content with your blind methods.

I figured you were under 21, I was sadly mistaken when I saw your age :/ Sorry. I guess I spoke over your head again, sorry I'm making this so difficult. I guess you're not skipping over my replies, I didn't think about you not being able to understand them. I've personally outlined a number of ways to "validate", justify, whatever you want to call them. I've specifically outline and provided examples of how we utilize multiple sources of data before issuing a ban but you are choosing or are incapable of understanding. In your reality all it takes "is a quick change of a GUID" lucky for the DayZ community the CBL exists and your theory has already been dis-proven.

Overlcok.net prides itself in providing arguably some of the safest and fastest DayZ servers to North America. We've tested and ultimately utilize proven anti-cheat methods and combine them with our experiences. We cast a large next and have lots of entries to base our bans on. We've submitted over 80 individual GUID's to the CBL and will continue to support it as it makes the DayZ community safer with every GUID it adds. You don't have to agree and I'm sorry you may choose not to join us.

Oh wow, someone doth protest too much!

Seeing things from the admin side, I am certainly thankful that some clever people volunteer their time to run the CBL. Vandrel seems to have the attitude that any possibility of a false positive invalidates the value of the list. More reasonable people, who have a responsibility to their players to provide a more secure and fair playground, will disagree with him.

By your logic Vandrel, we should shut down the emergency telephone services because they are open to abuse/swatting. There is even less vetting happening in that system, lets ditch it! On a more serious note, this system (the CBL) is an example of players working together to provide a service improvement to their community. And while I would be annoyed to find myself on the list, I don't expect to end up there, and would know what to do if I did.

Finally, let me just say that there seems to be this massive sense of entitlement among SOME of the regular players in this community. Many server admins provide a lot of their own time and effort in order to keep these little fantasy worlds running fairly and consistently. I am sure there are a few bad apples who abuse their power, but I know for myself and the players on the server I admin, I don't care about the loot, or the deaths or the vehicles, as long as it is a consistent world. Ensuring the server I play on is as pure as possible is half the fun of playing for me. There is nothing more disruptive to the "suspension of disbelief" then having cheaters spawning in vehicles/items/buildings, map hacking, esping. And worse is knowing that you can't do anything until you check the logs. At least with a community ban list we know that most of the known offenders will be blocked at the gate before they can cause damage.

At least until they buy another CD key.

Edited by Ap0calyps3
  • Like 1

UPDATE

I have officially been removed from this list. Still have to wait for every server that uses this list to update to the new ban list.

So in the end, the admin who falsely reported me to this list won. He won because any grief I may have caused him does not hold a candle to how annoyed and frustrated I have been since my banning (almost 2 weeks + however much longer i have to wait for servers to update the list).

Thanks for looking into my issue, community ban list team. However, there NEEDS to be punishment for people who submit false logs.

Even though i was told i was removed from the list, i'm still on it. 15a809bb3d2f4efc6f688126f07213d9

since the issues appeal didn't work, i'm posting here again.

UPDATE

I have officially been removed from this list. Still have to wait for every server that uses this list to update to the new ban list.

So in the end, the admin who falsely reported me to this list won. He won because any grief I may have caused him does not hold a candle to how annoyed and frustrated I have been since my banning (almost 2 weeks + however much longer i have to wait for servers to update the list).

Thanks for looking into my issue, community ban list team. However, there NEEDS to be punishment for people who submit false logs.

Glad you got it sorted, did the CBL tell you it was a false log or a grandfathered ban? There were only about 350 submitted CBL bans out of the lists 1000 or so GUIDs. If you could PM me your GUID if you don't want to share it, I'd like to see the log and the server that submitted.

Even though i was told i was removed from the list, i'm still on it. 15a809bb3d2f4efc6f688126f07213d9

since the issues appeal didn't work, i'm posting here again.

Yep you're still on it (http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/diff?spec=svne1ed8c58b0f6c04c855c3d9bb250a42d90f0ad11&r=e1ed8c58b0f6c04c855c3d9bb250a42d90f0ad11&format=side&path=/bans/bans.txt) you should be posting here (http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/issues/detail?id=95&can=1&q=15a809bb3d2f4efc6f688126f07213d9).

The fact that it took forever and did nothing does little to inspire faith.

I hear that, the system is new so they've got to work the kinks out. I don't know if you read over my post but the person who was maintaining appeals was away for roughly one week. They got through all 350+ submissions in under 12hrs so I can imagine a mistake happening. No excuses, I've also messaged someone to take a look into your situation.

i got a ban for crashing a chopper.what for a shit system is this ?? i love the community ban list NOT . i am so aggro.

http://code.google.c...y=&sort=&id=346

what for kids buying a server and ban ppl for fun? who is the admin from the ban list?

unban fast pls!

Reported by dayz@overclocked.net, Aug 25 (2 days ago)

GUID affected:

6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112

Explanation:

24.08.2012 11:49:32: luckerornot (77.176.242.186:10302) 6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112 - #38 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

24.08.2012 11:49:32: luckerornot (77.176.242.186:10302) 6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112 - #40 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction

Edited by CENCeltec

Your GUID turned up more than five times in multiple reports and although it was only for minor things, that sufficed to make our reputation script trigger. I'll fix that.

Your GUID turned up more than five times in multiple reports and although it was only for minor things, that sufficed to make our reputation script trigger. I'll fix that.

can you message or post on that issue (or here really) what those minor issues are? I've had some run in with hackers before (things like thunderdome or the "friendly" stream sniping hackers) so some people may have reported me for hacked weapons (which is against rocket's rules, but it doesn't change the fact that server admins ban for it).

The reputation script I wrote didn't parse logs correctly, meaning it triggered if someone had only air destruct and burn reports, I've removed that now (or rather, set it so that someone would have to have hundreds of those reports before it made a meaningful impact on reputation score). The list doesn't include people banned for carrying hacked in weapons, unless they were clearly the ones spawning them (i. e. logs contain ammobox spawning etc.)

Edited by jwiechers

hahaha. i know exactly what caused my addition to the list then :D It was a sad series of events involving server restarts, clan wars, and crashing helicopters in cherno. Also, probably setting off enough satchel charges to crash a server could have helped (found a camp that was duping).

Edited by darklight

i got a ban for crashing a chopper.what for a shit system is this ?? i love the community ban list NOT . i am so aggro.

http://code.google.c...y=&sort=&id=346

what for kids buying a server and ban ppl for fun? who is the admin from the ban list?

unban fast pls!

Reported by dayz@overclocked.net, Aug 25 (2 days ago)

GUID affected:

6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112

Explanation:

24.08.2012 11:49:32: luckerornot (77.176.242.186:10302) 6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112 - #38 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"

24.08.2012 11:49:32: luckerornot (77.176.242.186:10302) 6ba083340b755cc2c3341150d85b0112 - #40 "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction

This is your second post on this and I say again - you will not be banned for crashing a chopper.

That is not crashing a helo, look here (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80738-psa-cheaters-now-spoofing-bis-effects/).

but i dont use cheats ...i think many ppl become a ban for nothing.

i play dayz 2 month and no global ban.

Edited by CENCeltec

The reputation script I wrote didn't parse logs correctly, meaning it triggered if someone had only air destruct and burn reports, I've removed that now (or rather, set it so that someone would have to have hundreds of those reports before it made a meaningful impact on reputation score). The list doesn't include people banned for carrying hacked in weapons, unless they were clearly the ones spawning them (i. e. logs contain ammobox spawning etc.)

I can't say I agree with "someone would have to have hundreds of those reports before it made a meaningful impact" as now they've replicated the legit execution.. Basically we're saying this is how to spawn things in. Just as with how we submit bans we use caution but that is a little too much IMO. I'd like to know how you're valuing Seagull executions as I wasn't submitting those before because I didn't think they deserved an instant ban. Now that we know a little more about your system I'd like to send them in. However I'm a little concerned you may also require hundreds of reports too.. It'll be a balance I get that, but lets not undermine the whole system giving them a free pass. In any event keep up the good work.

hahaha. i know exactly what caused my addition to the list then :D It was a sad series of events involving server restarts, clan wars, and crashing helicopters in cherno. Also, probably setting off enough satchel charges to crash a server could have helped (found a camp that was duping).

The time stamp on those satchel charges probably cleared your name. Glad you got it sorted.

but i dont use cheats ...i think many ppl become a ban for nothing.

i play dayz 2 month and no global ban.

Read the post I quoted from jwiechers, it is about a similar situation to yours if you're not one of the bans he's talking about.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech

How do we submit bans to be added to the banlist? Like, right this morning I got solid proof of a combat logger in the form of video and have server logs to back it up?

Or is this list strictly for hacking?

Edited by Zoop

Hey all im really having trouble with this game it good and all but i dont know whats going on, okay well i joined a server spawned in then yer a hacker spawns the server too the middle of the ocean i swim back too me 30mins, im pissed soo i log out and come back the next day and every server i get into now it says im passed out i waited 4hours while watching tv and it didnt move i joined different servers and other country ones and same thing, its been 3week since ive played tryed it every week and same stuff , this is really annoying me about this game if anyone can tell me how too fix or whats going on send me an email Jack _3447@hotmail.com its my email just message me thank you.

After a week of my appeal being up I was told i wan't on the list, despite the fact I can see my GUID on the list, so I don't see how they can have any proof if they can't even find me on the list.

After a week of my appeal being up I was told i wan't on the list, despite the fact I can see my GUID on the list, so I don't see how they can have any proof if they can't even find me on the list.

PM me your GUID, I'll see if I can help.