alcatraz968

Rocket, Please don't. (Dayz on Console).

Your post is completely true, and yet irrelevant in this particular case as Rocket has stated it will be developped for PC, and THEN ported to the consoles.

This is what EA said about bf3, the game was focused for PC development and shortly after release they said it was actually built with mostly console in mind, so we were left with a game that was half arsed. Seeing this news will make me question the purchase of dayzstand, i doubt the consoles an cope with such large maps etc.

• Like 1

Go ahead take a snier shot from 1075 meters with ur ps3 controller , go ahead bro

Dont forget that most console games assist you with your aim so you dont need to do it all yourself.

Anyways, the original post is full of truth. Tho my biggest gripe is not the power of the consoles but the controls. Controls on the PC games get simplified too because controllers dont have enough buttons to do many kind of actions. The controls are either limited or there are many actions bound to one key which is absolutely horrible. Take the newest Battlefield games for example: People on rush mode tend to die alot at the M-COM station and when you try to defuse the M-COM charge you end up picking up dead players' weapon kits from the floor all day. Or Mass Effect 2/3 where half of the games actions are bound to spacebar.

Edited by Shaimou
  • Like 2

you don't NEED to play split screen co-op on a PC.

you can play "we both have our own screen co-op" like in portal 2. which is far superior than playing on half a tv regardless of the size of the tv. which also means you dont take a performance hit cos you're both playing on the same console either : you both have a PC, omg it's like having your own food and not having to share!!.

ALSO. I play DayZ on a 50inch LED tv. also I do so from the comfort of my sofa.

Tbh you're just butthurt cos you can't afford a mid-top end gaming pc. sorry bro. I forgive you/

*edit. if your views are representative of the console market, then I don't want to see a console port. keep the CoD kiddies as far away from DayZ as possible please. there's enough moron's currently ruining it.

yeah you can do that but it costs twice as much both of you need a pc both need the same game having the option to invite a friend around and play split screen is great

i have heard you can hook up a pc to a tv but i havent heard of anyone in perticuler who has done it but there is still the downside that you cant check on online guides or just serfe the web whilst your playing on your pc

wow your a snoby d bag arent you infact i have about £2600 enough to buy any gaming pc i want but that being said im not sure if i want to if i have to put up with elitest assholes like you

I swear to god if this is going multi-platform my rage will turn the planet to lava.

He's got to understand that the "experiment" will be limited CRIPPLED if it's supposed to work on console as well.

IT'S 6-7 YEAR OLD JUNK.

Edited by integ3r

Go ahead take a snier shot from 1075 meters with ur ps3 controller , go ahead bro

i

dont see how that sentence makes the slightest bit of sense

its true that a couple of ps3 games are awfull when it comes to aiming when you move the analog stick it ether dosent move at all or far to much

but thats just down to shity game design mos fps have great controls and its easy to quiclky aim at a target

i

dont see how that sentence makes the slightest bit of sense

its true that a couple of ps3 games are awfull when it comes to aiming when you move the analog stick it ether dosent move at all or far to much

but thats just down to shity game design mos fps have great controls and its easy to quiclky aim at a target

You say that but it doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of precision as a mouse. If you think it does, you are delusional. Most console games have a level of auto-aiming.

Edited by integ3r
  • Like 2

God, your grammar is horrendous. First things first: *their *an *unintelligent *graphical *affect *logical

Now, as for your punctuation and sentence structure...even worse. Learn to English.

As for your points, let's go down the list:

•Wrong, Xbox 360 and PS3 are on DX9. Yes, PC is on DX11, but that's not the point here.

•Wrong, BF3's framerate is 30fps with vertical sync for both consoles, and can be put in 720p if you have an HDTV.

•I wasn't saying COD is worth discussing. Ignore COD for now.

•Wrong, as not all game trailers are filmed on the pc. How would they film console exclusives?

•Wrong, PS3 is 6 years old, and both PS3 and Xbox 360 can run every game made nowadays. Proof that they are not outdated. Outdated wold mean that they cannot run it at all. And 100% + stronger doesn't make sense.

•Wrong, both Crysis 1 and 2 run well on Xbox and PS3, as will Crysis 3.

•Plenty of games have daily/monthly updates. Example: Halo Reach.

•Wrong, my statement is not wrong, and my statement is not unintelligent. You are.

•Wrong, toning down some features (which they aren't going to do) when putting DayZ on console has nothing to do with the PC version of DayZ. Useless point you have.

•Wrong, whether they have to build it from the ground up or not is not a matter of fact, it is rocket's decision, not yours.

•Wrong, the Xbox 720 is coming out Christmas 2013, and PS4 is coming out either end of this year or middle of next.

•Wrong, if DayZ doesn't expand, it will die. PC-only games die out quickly, unless they have a console port. The War Z will suffer a similar fate, because that will be a PC-only game. Name a PC-only game other than an MMORPG that is still popular today. DayZ is not an MMORPG, so do not even try to say that it is.

•Wrong, 2 years =/= <1

Just a quicky, the reason they can run 'current' games is because they are down graded, lets look at bf3 map size, player count and graphics... all massive downgrades compared to the pcs, console can play at a whoppng 720p where as the pc can easily play 1600 or 2440, ye the pc is still pulled downed by the console with key bindings, vehicles and updates....

Consoles are not powerful, they just have games made to be suiable for that gen, pcs only games tend to have a large room to play with especially with up to date tech, not 7 year old crap

• Like 1

I've spoken to the chief producer of codemasters F1 series - Steven Hood - several times before, and one topic that has been talked about is bandwidth on consoles.

There is a very strict limit to bandwidth that is put in place by Xbox Live and PSN. PSN's is not quite as heavy as Xbox Live's, but still quite low.

Not only is fitting 24 Formula 1 cars on a track in a multiplayer game hard on the console, but it borders and possibly even exceeds this limit.

DICE had this same problem with Battlefield 3. Originally they wanted 32 players on consoles. Again, the Xbox could just handle 32 players, but Xbox said no, despite their efforts to push the limit just this once.

There is no way in hell 50 players on a server will happen. Make 20-30 player servers. Not to mention the fact that the map is huge.

Next gen consoles are a different topic all together, but they aren't due out until around 2014 recent sources are saying, so we've got a few years to wait.

tl;dr bandwidth limits will limit DayZ on current gen consoles to around 24 players per server.

Dont forget that most console games assist you with your aim so you dont need to do it all yourself.

Anyways, the original post is full of truth. Tho my biggest gripe is not the power of the consoles but the controls. Controls on the PC games get simplified too because controllers dont have enough buttons to do many kind of actions. The controls are either limited or there are many actions bound to one key which is absolutely horrible. Take the newest Battlefield games for example: People on rush mode tend to die alot at the M-COM station and when you try to defuse the M-COM charge you end up picking up dead players' weapon kits from the floor all day. Or Mass Effect 2/3 where half of the games actions are bound to spacebar.

whenever i hear this all i can do is face palm the only games i can think of that have auto aim are the cod games and gta4 the rest dont look onto target when you aim or any other type of bs like that

and bad company 2 had the same thing with the m com stations it was anoying yes but not game breaking and it wasent the fault of the console just bad game design they could have maped x for example at a mcom you need to be abel to reload and switch weapons but you dont need to jump

You say that but it doesn't offer anywhere near the same level of precision as a mouse. If you think it does, you are delusional. Most console games have a level of auto-aiming.

no they dont and as long as the aiming sensitivity is good then i can easyly and very quickly aim at any target bad in bad company 2 i have the sensitivity at max and i can easyly and very fast get my sights on any target just as fast as if i was on pc if not faster

shit, let's just release it on the ipad

consoles make game series degenerate, they make them devolve.

Edited by Clatterbridge

Bunch of idiots. Dam right it should go on consoles just cuz u say a bunch of crap it shouldn't?

People make games for everyone to play not just for PC gamers who have deluded ideas.

Guess what no hackers on any PS3 game.

• Like 1

Bunch of idiots. Dam right it should go on consoles just cuz u say a bunch of crap it shouldn't?

People make games for everyone to play not just for PC gamers who have deluded ideas.

That's because PS3 has nogaems.

Edited by AussieStig
  • Like 2

i came here to talk about hacking but maniakmike beat me to it

anyway the majority of deaths in dayz now are from hackers not legit deaths though from what i can ehar you can hack both ps3 and xbox 360 but you cant play multiplayer on ps3 if its hacked

plus there is the fact that if dayz sells lets say 2 million copies on pc it might sell 5 on the other console or maybe even more that amount of money could seriously help development and improve the pc version significantly

Edited by resistence1993

This game would go so much further if it spread to console. The PC gaming industry is nothing compared to the Console gaming industry. Id probably play this game on PC even though I have an Xbox 360 Ive hardly touched. The extra money they could get from this would be massive and in the long run, better for the game because more money means more development and features. I doubt it will happen though.

Bunch of tosh.

provide us with figures oh mr consoles are better.

eve and WoW have an insane amount of players. then there's everything else. think about how many users are on Steam?

cmon I wanna see figures to back up your fabricated statement

plus there is the fact that if dayz sells lets say 2 million copies on pc it might sell 5 on the other console or maybe even more that amount of money could seriously help development and improve the pc version significantly

its wrong to presume dollars = better game. look at the battlefield franchaise - raped beyond recognition. PC gamers are forced to play the same spoon-fed garbage as console players. and it gets worse and worse the better the console sales are. its like feeding the devil

• Like 2

No you just have your credit card details hacked.

The only 'deluded' people here are those that thinkcurrent consoles are powerful and sufficient to even play games on a similar level to the pc, the game will have to be toned down to work on a console, which would more than likely tone down the pc version.

• Like 1

LOL at people saying consoles would run ARMA 2 without problems because they can run [insert a corridor shooter here]. Go to Bohemia forums and look at threads related to ARMA on consoles and why the devs are saying it won't happen.

Agree. I've seen too many great ideas get dumbed down and simplified because it was going to be on console as well. There simply isn't enough buttons on the remote for consoles to take advantage of the controls for DayZ.

I only own the PS3 because I wanted a value for money Blu-Ray player. Any games I buy for it are for the mrs.

• Like 1

That's because PS3 has nogaems.

Blu-Ray hacks.

Agree. I've seen too many great ideas get dumbed down and simplified because it was going to be on console as well.

name one

Battlefield 3.

nonsense

the reason BF3 is "dumbed" down (even ignoring the fact it's better on PC anyway) is because it's a mass-market game, they spent millions on making it and then many more millions advertising it, if you think you can break even on a game like that catering only to the hardcore PC elitist crowd then you're very misguided.

If you want games that need massive investments then you can expect its design to reflect the audience it needs to attract in order to recoup those massive costs.

• Like 1