Max Planck

Reddit - Aug 2012 - Q&A with Rocket

That all sounds excellent. Only thing I would also really like implemented would be a jump function. Nothing metal Tomb Raider style. Just maybe a jump like in GTA cos the vault is horrible.

Can you highlight all the answers in another colour please max? Thnx!

Thanks for this! :)

The one that caught my eye the most was the "end game" question... He says he wants us to basically make our own end game... Well that inevitably boils down to PVP. Not that, that is a bad thing.

What are the PVE elements? to kill respawning zombies?

Thanks you for this sweet complication, Max. This is fantastic!

I cant even discribe how much im looking forward to this game, its incredible. And I am loving the mod aswell!

And more

Eve style MMO's.

I knew DayZ was going to become a zombie themed spreadsheet

Edited by Hortum
  • Like 1

Just as a general question, would anybody happen to know if there are going to be any major changes graphically for the standalone? Like, is it going to look like Arma 3, or will it be more along the lines of what the game looks like at the moment?

It wasn't addressed in here. But they are working on the graphics from an "Arma 2.5" feel. Using "Real Virtuality". And from what I've read about that engine. Its ALL up to how good they want to make it. I've seen some shitty graphics with that engine, and i've seen some epic ones...

Q: Will dayz standalone support the oculus rift peripheral?

A: someone gave me a heads up about it, love it, I hope we could support that.

Would be awesome.

dayz on oculus would be like one nonstop and neverending orgasm D:

they need to put cameras on it so i can see the outside world,

because if i put that on i'm never gonna take it off again. no, sir!

why does reddit get more attention than the official forums?

marketing.

people in here know about dayz.

people on reddit probably don't.

help them and spread the word.

Edited by Azrail

I read these questions and answers, and a lot of it sounds really neat and exciting, but I wonder how much of it is Rocket just daydreaming with the fans about the possibilities, and how much of it is based in reality.

Since Rocket won't come to the forums, the forums shall come to Rocket.

A week ago (yes, I am slow) he made a thread called 'What features do you most want in DayZ?' over on reddit.

I have compiled his responses from that thread and added them to the bottom of the OP in this one. I have put them in a Q&A format though some of the comments aren't really questions.

I hope it will be an enlightening read.

i have some questions. when you are making your person do u get to choose what size he is as in weight, height and what kind of nose he has all that because that would be fun also do u get to choose what kind of clothes you start with or at least the the color because sometimes u look at your buddy he has a black shirt on then the next minute he has a white one on and scares that crap out of u. Also is there and thoughts of putting radios or walkie talkies in? and is there going to be class clothes such as a medics out fit or swat ones that give u more benifits like less bullet damage and that kind of stuff? (i hope there is not) also is there going to be pocket knifes. and are u able to just walk up 2 the lake and then drink out of it because i know in real life i can :D and with the spawns is there going to be something like what we have in dayz now as in every time u spawn is at the coast? and is there going to be away to pray at the churches because that would be a cool feature and one last thing is there any word of being a animation of when u kill your self and have a pistal or any type of gun that u pull it out and put a bullet in your head

i have some questions. when you are making your person do u get to choose what size he is as in weight, height and what kind of nose he has all that because that would be fun also do u get to choose what kind of clothes you start with or at least the the color because sometimes u look at your buddy he has a black shirt on then the next minute he has a white one on and scares that crap out of u. Also is there and thoughts of putting radios or walkie talkies in? and is there going to be class clothes such as a medics out fit or swat ones that give u more benifits like less bullet damage and that kind of stuff? (i hope there is not) also is there going to be pocket knifes. and are u able to just walk up 2 the lake and then drink out of it because i know in real life i can :D and with the spawns is there going to be something like what we have in dayz now as in every time u spawn is at the coast? and is there going to be away to pray at the churches because that would be a cool feature and one last thing is there any word of being a animation of when u kill your self and have a pistal or any type of gun that u pull it out and put a bullet in your head

This is not a question thread, actually.

If you want your questions answered I'm sure Rocket would be pleased to do it, all you need to do is make a reddit account. ask over here: http://dayzmod.com/f...-rocket-thread/

Edited by Max Planck
Max, Max, Max. You mad?
  • Like 2

awesome.

However, tell me this rocket:

Can there just PLEASE be servers not running with dogs? i cannot bear the sound of animals dogs getting hurt.

i think you might think that this is stupid, but i am quite serious, i cannot take the sound of a dog in pain, it breaks my heart.

awesome.

Can there just PLEASE be servers not running with dogs? i cannot bear the sound of animals dogs getting hurt.

i think you might think that this is stupid, but i am quite serious, i cannot take the sound of a dog in pain, it breaks my heart.

Try reading the OP and the post two steps above your own.

Is that you in your picture?

• Like 2

If they're going to fix zombies walking slow inside buildings then they need to stop them from erratically running around all over the place which makes them annoying to fight and why you run into a building to kill them.

If they're going to fix zombies walking slow inside buildings then they need to stop them from erratically running around all over the place which makes them annoying to fight and why you run into a building to kill them.

Hence the second part of the answer.

Q: Zeds walking indoors. whether this is a glitch or a feature, will it be kept for the beta/stand-alone?

A: Won't be kept. I can already effect this (changing a config value for each building). However, we will only make this change if pathing for zambies is fixed and their lifecycle is implemented.

awesome.

If you're fine with massacring people in video games but the stimulated sound of a cgi dog getting hurt breaks your heart you might wanna take a step back and have a think

Am I only person who thinks underground construction sounds a bit stupid?

yes

Am I only person who thinks underground construction sounds a bit stupid?

If you see the way people plaster entire areas with barbwire and tank traps, imagine the magnitude of trolling if people were able to build huge constructions above ground.

Btw as for indoors zombies, I'd love them to switch to a frantic unpredictable and flailing animation, increasing the volume of it's terrifying screaming, while still maintaining as slower indoors speed, still making the player able to distance himself from it, but making it much harder to get a clean headshot.

Edited by Dallas

The only problem I have with audio cues is I have a best friend who plays the game with me and is deaf. I'd like to see an option to "enable help for those with disabilities". But i don't want it to be easily accessible to people who just want to cheat.

The only problem I have with audio cues is I have a best friend who plays the game with me and is deaf. I'd like to see an option to "enable help for those with disabilities". But i don't want it to be easily accessible to people who just want to cheat.

Rocket mentioned he noticed a comment from a deaf DayZ player. I can't remember the specifics, but I think he said, he would be interested in cues for deaf, maybe disabling sound, if you enabled audio cues. So there might be hope for your friend.

• Like 1