mattlightfoot

DayZ at GamesCom

I think everyone wants to know what specs are the pc's @ GamesCom which are maxing arma 3? :D

• Like 2

this is going crazy bonkers

DOGS

I live in cologne, u guys really should go eat at "Lommerzheim" Siegesstraße 18 (other side from the trainstation Köln Messe/Deutz.)

Perfect for you as tourists ^^

den laden gibts noch?

ich dachte die mussten dicht machen!

wird wohl ein neuer besitzer sein... der alte war cool

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 2

I think everyone wants to know what specs are the pc's @ GamesCom which are maxing arma 3? :D

The machine specs are core i7 3770 @ 3.5 GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX580. However, the settings werent maxed out. They told me it was because of overheating but who knows...

I'm just not excited about dogs, personally.

They will make other players easy to find, though, if that's your thing.

Well, maybe a badit has more fun at killing an other ones dog instead of the survivor itself ;)

Also it looks like the dogs have a "warn" command. Implying that they will remain quiet if the command is not active. Ergo dogs will NOT alert other players to your position, unless you want them to (if I understand the commands correctly).

A dog whistle would be cool ,because there silent to humans but dogs can hear them.

Possible toolbelt item? Nice idea!

I also like the idea of hand signs. You could give them if he is close to you.

• Like 2

Checked the booth today. The dogs are pretty awesome. They didnt really do much though, other than follow around, which isn't bad considering they would probably alert people otherwise..

Now some beans..

16igkqq.jpg

Edited by (NGG) Toby
  • Like 5

That's really all the beans? Are you kidding me? I would've given that much by myself if I were able to attend. I hope more people, brought more beans than that.

Hope they don't get embarrassed and stuck at the loading screen at gamescon.

• Like 2

Hope they don't get embarrassed and stuck at the loading screen at gamescon.

I would assume they would load the amount of characters that were going to be playing at 1 time in the booth before the event started for the day on maybe a private server and then that would eliminate the hackers and possible lag. With the private server im sure they could limit the load time or something cause not all servers are bad, and with the private time the only way you'd need to load is if you died, which would be nonexistant unless you herp derped zombies or fell or something. only huge problem would be graphical errors but they could always be using an earlier beta and patch thing

interesting to see what (if any) emotional attachment you'll get to this virtual dog, esp if/when you lose it. "You killed my dog you b@stard!!! I"M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" lol. ultimate rage. kill my friend...ok...kill me...ok...but touch my dog and its on! he he

I wont be using the dog for this reason, id probally name it and get attached

• Like 1

I like the idea of people doing some sick shit (like stalk some player, talk in a spooky voice, hack him with the axe then bandage him, give a blood transfusion and then hack him again :D ) and then cry over a dog being killed :D

I got a quick chance to talk to Rocket and he told me that the patch (1.7.3) will be coming out next week and that the dogs will be getting more features. They will be able to attack other players and zombies, warn you when others are near and sniff them out. While i was playing i was only able to get the dog to follow me and track a rabbit.

Btw. the Debug monitor wasn't visable, just for Gamescom or part of the patch !?

• Like 3

thanks for the pic. Pretty bad the only picture is from a fan, seriously?

Hey DayZ Forum, first post here. Have been a silent reader until now :).

My guess is, that we will get more information, pics and videos when GamesCom is over.

Regarding 1.7.3:

Looks really promising, though I hope that dogs are very uncommon, like NVGs - very rare "items". Do they have to be tamed? If so, how? Do we have to feed them? Can they get infected or injured?. So many questions :D. I'm really looking forward to this.

Cheers

Motte

Edited by Motte

My guess is, that we will get more information, pics and videos when GamesCom is over.

Regarding 1.7.3:

Looks really promising, though I hope that dogs are very uncommon, like NVGs - very rare "items". Do they have to be tamed? If so, how? Do we have to feed them? Can they get infected or injured?. So many questions :D. I'm really looking forward to this.

Cheers

Motte

Wouldn't be surprising if you have to continuously feed it raw meat, like Minecraft. I agree, they better be rare. Last thing I need is a bandit AND his dog attacking me.

Also, I've been wondering when or if Rocket is going to give a presentation with some extra information about the standalone, etc?

thanks for the pic. Pretty bad the only picture is from a fan, seriously?

no problem. btw, ironically there was no wifi at the gamescom when i was there, and my 3G pretty much didn't work probably because of network overload... It sounds ridiculous but even if they tried, they wouldn't be able to upload pics/vids at this point. I could, cause i went home, as i'm not staying for all 4 days...

Regarding 1.7.3:

Cheers

Motte

OMG, duped dogs, thousands of them..

The dayz team started this thread. Where are they with the gamescon updates, pics, and videos? Strange way to promote their product.

• Like 2

The dayz team started this thread. Where are they with the gamescon updates, pics, and videos? Strange way to promote their product.

hmm dunno hey.. maybe they are busy promoting at Gamescom....

Edited by Scorpi0n

Game is probably running on a private hive but they should thunderdome everyone every 35 min just for kicks and giggles, and for that authentic DayZ feel :P

This.

I've been googling for news for DayZ and Arma 3 for 2 days now and nothing interesting has come up which is weird as I thought they would be promoting @ GamesCon?

I can only hope something big will come up later today or tomorrw :)

For anyone who is interested in the latest news for DayZ or Arma 3 Click here

Edited by Coughs