domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

does this work if multiple users are running this tool? In other words, does it work if you have multiple people set up as admins?

Yes.

How do you get the chat function to work? To see what players say and everything.

Edited by goresaw

How do you get the chat function to work? To see what players say and everything.

It does always work unless you disabled it in the settings.

However, players must be in range in order for the message to get sent to the server.

I'm loving this tool so far, however I just noticed that the flags aren't working properly. I just saw a guy change flag three times with the same IP. And my own flag shows as French although I'm in Sweden.

Not sure if it's been reported before.

Any news on when the 0.5 will be released?

And it would be cool if you could remove that "Refreshing players..." message that appears every few seconds..it's kind of annoying.

Cheers,

Add automatic server messages in v5.0!!!

This is not what DaRT is made for, use BEC.

I'm loving this tool so far, however I just noticed that the flags aren't working properly. I just saw a guy change flag three times with the same IP. And my own flag shows as French although I'm in Sweden.

Not sure if it's been reported before.

It is already reported, will be fixed in v0.5 coming out shortly.

Any news on when the 0.5 will be released?

And it would be cool if you could remove that "Refreshing players..." message that appears every few seconds..it's kind of annoying.

Cheers,

Finishing the last stuff then I will release it.

You can disable the message in the settings under refresh messages.

Auto Scroll jumps all across my log with 0.5 D:

Anyway thanks for the update!

Updated the thread title and first post for v0.5, had no time till now.

Just a heads up, I updated to 0.5 (in-app link) and the flags are still malfunctioning.

Can anyone else confirm this and under which conditions this occurs?

I can't reproduce it.

Auto Scroll jumps all across my log with 0.5 D:

Anyway thanks for the update!

edit: There seems to be a problem with console jumping to top, will take a look at it.

Edited by DomiStyle

Dart doesnt seem to work for me since i updated from 0.25 to 0.5

When i press connect nothing happens

It says connecting but still nothing

OiBHh.png

Edited by Aidem

Dart doesnt seem to work for me since i updated from 0.25 to 0.5

When i press connect nothing happens

It says connecting but still nothing

That's really strange, do you have another computer to test the server on?

To see if it's the server or the client.

Question: is there any way I can copy a list of all the stored GUIDS for use with the whitelisting tool (besides going 1 by 1)?

Possibility: Can I somehow connect to the local sql lite database that dart runs to store that information using navicat? If so, what is the connection information for it?

I dont, but all my other admin can connect

Is there a firewall blocking access maybe?

Or something that is different on your computer?

Anti virus? Firewall? Windows settings?

Is there a way to block server locking within the server configuration? I find this option is open for abuse on public hive servers.. been a problem.

No, but also not necessary.

You can lock your server via RCon anyway.

If DaRT can't do it you can just use BERCon.

Question: is there any way I can copy a list of all the stored GUIDS for use with the whitelisting tool (besides going 1 by 1)?

Possibility: Can I somehow connect to the local sql lite database that dart runs to store that information using navicat? If so, what is the connection information for it?

Database is stored in data/db/players.db.

You can access the file via Navicat by making a new SQLite connection. (you need the SQLite version or premium version, MySQL only won't do it)

• Like 1

Database is stored in data/db/players.db.

You can access the file via Navicat by making a new SQLite connection. (you need the SQLite version or premium version, MySQL only won't do it)

Thank you!

First, I just want to say thank you for the great tool. I keep two instances up all day for each of my servers. It's extremely helpful.

I know you said the intended use is not for scheduling global messages and to use BEC for the. However, I think the majority of the community uses managed servers so that's not an option. The ability to schedule global messages would be incredibly beneficial to the community. Personally, I have have a text file with all my messages in it. Throughout the day I copy messages from there and put the m into DaRT's global chat. That's better than nothing but far from ideal.

I know very little about what it takes to make a tool like this. Seeing how we can already send global messages would lead me to believe pulling messages from a text file and sending every X minutes wouldn't be that far of a stretch. But then again, I know very little about this stuff.

If it's not something you want to put time into, I totally understand. I just wanted to state how incredibly beneficial for the community I think it would be.

First, I just want to say thank you for the great tool. I keep two instances up all day for each of my servers. It's extremely helpful.

I know you said the intended use is not for scheduling global messages and to use BEC for the. However, I think the majority of the community uses managed servers so that's not an option. The ability to schedule global messages would be incredibly beneficial to the community. Personally, I have have a text file with all my messages in it. Throughout the day I copy messages from there and put the m into DaRT's global chat. That's better than nothing but far from ideal.

I know very little about what it takes to make a tool like this. Seeing how we can already send global messages would lead me to believe pulling messages from a text file and sending every X minutes wouldn't be that far of a stretch. But then again, I know very little about this stuff.

If it's not something you want to put time into, I totally understand. I just wanted to state how incredibly beneficial for the community I think it would be.

Once the basic features are in I will probably also include something like this.

This was working fine for me until I saw 'v0.5 is out, click here to download!'

I downloaded and can now not log in, it says 'Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg' - which I have and has worked fine before

I have tried to find everything related to Dart on my PC and delete it, then start from fresh, but even when I do that, download and unzip again, it remembers the IP I have put in and comes back with that same error message when trying to login. Where are these details saved?

Incidentally, even after clicking the link to download and install the latest version it still says 'v0.5 is out, click here to download!'

Is there a firewall blocking access maybe?

Or something that is different on your computer?

Anti virus? Firewall? Windows settings?

tried to disable firewall , nothing helps

its weird because before it worked

This was working fine for me until I saw 'v0.5 is out, click here to download!'

I downloaded and can now not log in, it says 'Failed to connect. Please make sure that you properly set a password in beserver.cfg' - which I have and has worked fine before

I have tried to find everything related to Dart on my PC and delete it, then start from fresh, but even when I do that, download and unzip again, it remembers the IP I have put in and comes back with that same error message when trying to login. Where are these details saved?

Incidentally, even after clicking the link to download and install the latest version it still says 'v0.5 is out, click here to download!'

It is on purpose that it still shows the message about v0.5.

It shows the same for every version.

I believe your problem is the same as Aidem has.

I am taking a look at it at the moment.

tried to disable firewall , nothing helps

its weird because before it worked

Sent you a pm.

• Like 1

Great Tool !!! Thanks bunch. (You got my beans)