koze

Steam for the Standalone.

Ok, so everyone is getting tired of hackers and such, and trying to get them banned is a real pain in the ass. Most people who have DayZ bough Arma 2 off steam. So pretty much the standalone could use a system of some sort like steam or steam itself. Why? Because you can see who you are currently playing with and people you have previously played with, which would make finding hackers alot easier. And once you find their profile you can report them which would make life alot easier for moderators.

This might be a challange for the Devs, but pretty much ALL games have this nowdays, such as xbox live, ps3 and most PC games.

Also having this overlay feature would also make playing with friends way more easier, and playing with people you've met in game easier too.

Any other ideas?

• Like 4

Steam only accepts finished projects.

"Steam for Standalone"

I use Rcon and can see peoples GUIDs right away why do we need steam?

Because it's easier, you have to have steam to run the game, there for everyone is linked togeather, and finding players in your current and previous game is alot easier. Using Rcon, most people dont know what the hell it is, me neither. So if everyone has it then all players will have the ability to report hackers and add people.

Ok, so everyone is getting tired of hackers and such, and trying to get them banned is a real pain in the ass. Most people who have DayZ bough Arma 2 off steam. So pretty much the standalone could use a system of some sort like steam or steam itself. Why? Because you can see who you are currently playing with and people you have previously played with, which would make finding hackers alot easier. And once you find their profile you can report them which would make life alot easier for moderators.

This might be a challange for the Devs, but pretty much ALL games have this nowdays, such as xbox live, ps3 and most PC games.

Also having this overlay feature would also make playing with friends way more easier, and playing with people you've met in game easier too.

Any other ideas?

+1

Because it's easier, you have to have steam to run the game, there for everyone is linked togeather, and finding players in your current and previous game is alot easier. Using Rcon, most people dont know what the hell it is, me neither. So if everyone has it then all players will have the ability to report hackers and add people.

I dont use steam

I think he just means a user system like BF3's Battlelog.

Every time you play the players you played with are linked in that battle report and easy to manage. Met someone nice but forgot their name? Check your last session for players in your server, oh hey familiar name. Add you to friends list.

But that said I don't see such a system eliminating hackers. What we experience is an inherent problem with ArmA.

I think he just means a user system like BF3's Battlelog.

Every time you play the players you played with are linked in that battle report and easy to manage. Met someone nice but forgot their name? Check your last session for players in your server, oh hey familiar name. Add you to friends list.

But that said I don't see such a system eliminating hackers. What we experience is an inherent problem with ArmA.

Yes but in battlelog, if you see a hacker you can look at your previous game or search his name, go on his profile and report him via explanation mark in the yellow triangle.

I dont use steam

Want a medal?

• Like 1

"Steam for Standalone"

Standalone isn't going to be a finished product. Regular updates. Exactly why minecraft isn't on steam.

• Like 1

I dont like the idea of steam for the standalone.. ok the overlay is cool but you can also ass it to your library and start it over steam then.

I like the minecraft model of a central homepage where you buy it :)

i cant wait for the standalone to get released! but is it just that in december or when its released can i just buy it then? i dont need to buy it at steam just buy and download it from there website? am im right?

Well the Valve guys were pretty supportive, according to Rocket, so maybe baby.

Standalone isn't going to be a finished product. Regular updates. Exactly why minecraft isn't on steam.

Team fortress?

• Like 1

Eh... Steam is kind of a double edged sword.

Yeah it makes finding hackers/recent players to friend much easier, it also makes accessing the map to Chernarus easier through Shift+Tab (tee hee, I cheat when I first spawn). However Steam can be a bit of a resource whore sometimes and what's even worse is if someone hacks your steam account they get not only all your games but there's a chance they could grab personal info.

That being said, I use steam and I would buy the stand alone through steam. =)

Uh... that's not why Minecraft isn't on Steam. Besides Minecraft has been out of beta for ages. Any further updates are just that: updates.

I like steam, a lot. Also: http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2741819 Take from that what you will...

All Bohemia games previously have been released on steam. And I like steam :)

Well, it's no secret that I love steam

Well, I think steam is super awesome. So... :D

Steam? Yes

I think it's pretty likely.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

I hate it when games do this.

why? steam is free, it does not hinder you in the slightest to download it.

so its confirmed dayz will be sold on steam but whether thats the final version or alpha i don't know.

is decembers release (alpha) going to be sold on steam?