TheMachine

Bandit skin is awesome

Back on topic: I noticed that when the game switches you to/back from the bandit skin your character is forced to get up, put down the primary, pick up the pistol and then it changes your skin.

This is a somewhat too long and risky thing mostly because the player is forced to get up and lower the weapon; there is no control over the character during this "transformation".

From another thread, THIS IS NOT a screenshot made by me so don't take it as 100% legit.

2ylqmgo.jpg

EDIT: I call BS on the posting system, it appears that I can't post images even if I see them in the quick reply window.

So heros grow a badass mustasche ? I approve :D

I also like the idea that because of this, bandits cant use ghillie suits.

I'm at -40.000 humanity

I wear a ghillie suit, no scarf for me

DENIED!

Ghillie suits = bandits.

Roger ;)

Ghillie suits = bandits.

Roger ;)

Just shows how retarded carebears really are

Ghillie suits = unknown humanity

Simply avoid him or try to get your crosshairs on him to know his humanity with the heartbeat-thing

It's the same type of retarded logic like "I was a survivor, I got shot, now imma go around killin' people"

If DayZ is all about happy times with random strangers for you, act like you actually mean it

Edited by Hawk24

;) = J/K*

*Internet abbreviation for just kidding.

I personally don't Bandit.

But I agree it is a bad idea. Rocket removed this for all the right reasons, to create tension and mistrust.

It will also create a sense of trust for fresh players...that aren't. It is highly possible now for a smart bandit crew to keep their high tier players hidden and a prospect/bitch player to spawn fresh characters under the pretense that other players will trust them because of the skin not being a bandit.

Ultimately though bandit skin or not, everyone should know to not trust anyone.

I liked the heartbeat banditry system that was introduced, seemed relatively realistic to me.

I don't like it either but its pretty much a necessity because of all the internet badass wannabes camping fresh spawns at the coast to feed there ego, Idealy the community should just be mature enough to not do this... however its pretty clear thats never going to happen hence the skin's.

Ah well

Not really used to emoticons anymore, way too much memes being spammed all over the place

Point still stands, people who say that ghillies are automatically bandits are morons for me

That's the question, innit?

Is there any effect on your skin if you're wearing the camo/ghillie suit and you're a bandit? Or are they both exactly the same as always?

I don't suppose these new skins also apply to female characters, do they?

Someone posted a screenshot of a possible female bandit skin model earlier

Maybe in the next update

The only thing bandit skins do is show you HAS killed somebody already -- given the chance, the majority of people are going to murder another player if they get the jump on them.

Edited by Caelib

I don't suppose these new skins also apply to female characters, do they?

Assuming 1.7.2.5 is the patch Rocket was recently talking about in an interview with Machinima, and it sounds a lot like it is, then he did say they would.

The only thing bandit skins do is how you HAS killed somebody already -- given the chance, the majority of people are going to murder another player if they get the jump on them.

I wasn't playing this game until after the bandit skin was removed last time, but in my time here I've seen enough people say "removing bandit skins made everyone paranoid deathmatchers" to suspect we might see a decrease in that response. I, for one, will be much less likely to immediately fire on someone without a bandit mask and much, much more likely to shoot anyone I see who is wearing one.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

Nice try, but I saw what it said and my response is "then increase your humanity!"

Actually, it was a double post that seemed to delete my original one... which was pretty fucking convenient..

what I said was -

"of course I'll deal with it, I played this before bandit skins were removed... I dont like it because it cheapens the experience through simplification of the gameplay to a 'team deathmatch' dynamic"

your response relates to that how? The fact that there is an "evil" visual indicator is something that isnt helped by its contextual restriction, its a generally restrictive gameplay feature

Edited by _Profile_Shame

there nomore bandit suits as I thought, ghilles gives you great cover in bushes, camo just looks badass.

Actually, it was a double post that seemed to delete my original one... which was pretty fucking convenient..

what I said was - I dont like it because it cheapens the experience through simplification of the gameplay to a 'team deathmatch' dynamic

your response relates to that how? The fact that there is a "evil" visual indicator is something that isnt helped by its contextual restriction, its very notion is faulty

My response relates to that because you can remove the bandit skin. Shocking, I know, but I've only said it about six times.

Ghillie is the same as before, for a patch that took this long the skins were pretty effortless by Rocket & Co.

My response relates to that because you can remove the bandit skin. Shocking, I know, but I've only said it about six times.

Did you even read what you quoted?

The fact that there is an "evil" visual indicator is something that isnt helped by its contextual restriction means that just because you can remove it, doesnt mean the idea is any better..

I dont like it because it cheapens the experience through simplification of the gameplay to a 'team deathmatch' dynamic meaning the actual issue I am talking about is the change of a sense of mystery and paranoia that is replaced with the two team dynamic of good guys vs bad guys...

I dont like the idea. What are you going to do?

Edited by _Profile_Shame

Ok, so someone in another thread suggested that you might get some kind of tense ambient sounds or scary music when you mouse over someone who has killed..

What's wrong with that idea? That would allow everyone to wear whatever they want, and people who are scared of bandits can still tell who they are and who they should trust.

I don't see any problems with this idea, and it seems like it would be win/win. I don't know if it's technically possible, but i'd imagine it is..

Any problems anyone can see with that system?

Its only ironic if your'e an idiot that wont think about it past that point.

"I consider it real banditry and not cheap griefing"

DayZ hipster much? I kidnap people and rob them too. The videos I put up are one particular playstyle. As much as I'd love to stay here trying to reason with you idiots, I have someone waiting for me to play. Lately I've been helping people out and the like, but considering the new skin and feeling inspired by this thread, Im going to go fuck up cherno and elektro. Enjoy.

BRTky.jpg

that would be a less in your face solution, changing from sight to sound.. if there was a way to implement humanity without relying on restrictive gameplay mechanics, it would be great

BRTky.jpg

the only part of what you quoted that works with that picture would be "I consider it real banditry and not cheap griefing", which is something I quoted..

EDIT - Actually, reading the rest of the comment, yeah thats appropriate. Carry on.

Edited by _Profile_Shame