rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

A friend of mine and my self played everyday. Since 1.7.2.4 we stopped playing a lot and since 1.7.2.5 we stopped completly. Not just because of a unplayable game , because of a support that is almost disappeared. Gamescom my ass if they want they could write here some just to calm down pissed of customers like my friend and my self.

• Like 4

Same here. We were a bunch of guys playing regulary, but since 1.7.2.5 something on DayZ died.

The vehicle save-issue destroyed the whole game, it doesn't make sense anymore. More and more of us are quitting and stop playing DayZ because this huge issue with the cars (maybe the biggest ever in DayZ) is not even noticed by Rocket or someone else.

We don't hear anything from Rocket or the Dev Team, we don't know what is goign on and if it stays like this they will lose their players as soon as the came here! Wake up Rocket!

WHY Y NO HOTFIX THE CAR SAVING BUG?

• Like 1

There starting to lose players in droves all because they dont reply to feedback or test patches prior to launch.

• Like 1

Yep.. and I really dont know why. This really pisses me off, why should they just stop? Just for the Standalone!? Well then... have fun with the standalone, if they stop supporting the mod from one day to another i won't buy the standalone cause this is an alpha too..

Yesterday our camp disappeared on server reset ....today it appears to be back so woot for small victories !

It is touch and go at the minute. It seems that server restarts can make tents and vehicles not load properly.

Keep restarting til they are back and everything works as intended.

It is touch and go at the minute. It seems that server restarts can make tents and vehicles not load properly.

Keep restarting til they are back and everything works as intended.

So you think the problem is not the saving but the loading? Would be great. I own a server too (DE 2196 btw) which didn't save anything yet - yesterday we drove a bus in the woods and saved it multiple times.. but i think it will be gone again, like the cars/busses/tents which disappeared before.. You think restarting the server a couple of times would bring something back?

After updating DayZ, the artifacts started occurring more often (sadly), for one of my friends it's the same, for another nothing changed - sometimes they are there sometimes not.

this mod can go fuck itself.

It can hardly 'Fuck' itself, as its only a bit of software? surely?

A friend of mine and my self played everyday. Since 1.7.2.4 we stopped playing a lot and since 1.7.2.5 we stopped completly. Not just because of a unplayable game , because of a support that is almost disappeared. Gamescom my ass if they want they could write here some just to calm down pissed of customers like my friend and my self.

Same here.

• Like 2

*facepalm* One question to all these whiney bitches : You want a good Update which fix everything RIGHT ? or a hotfix (LIKE 1.7.2.5) which will fuck you completly up ?! Just FUCKING Wait ! Play maybe some Arma 2 (The game you actually payed for) its great or play other games. But dont douche around in this topic. "OMG I PAYED FOR THIS I WANT A UPDATE NOW !! ROCKET SUCKS !! THIS GAME (A mod which you didnt payed for) IS GOING TO FUCK IT SELF (lol?) !!!

So, Rocket has time to make a post asking for ideas that he answers on reddit, but doesn't have time to make a short post here saying something like: "Sorry about the lack of updates but we have been really busy. We are working on the bugs and should have a fix out soon."

Totally unprofessional and rude.

If the DayZ staff continue treating their community like they don't exist, the standalone will become a meeting place where only ignorant children, trolls and fanboys go to finger each other in the ass.

a few weeks ago i might have argued this a bit. now im starting to agree as well. even though i dont have these visual bugs like some of you guys, i have seen the pictures and holy shit. i even dont mind going a week or two without communication, but the fact that rocket is going on other sites and at the same time he IS completely ignoring dayzmod.com/forum, which is the official site, is very odd. and it sucks. this "official" site should be the FIRST and foremost for information. isnt that the point of this forum? after this "official" community has been informed, commented on, whatever, then go to all the others like redit. same thing with the tweets. i do not want to have to go to 3+ different fucking websites to learn anything about this damn game because we cant all organize in the same fucking place. Edited by sivart
  • Like 5

*facepalm* One question to all these whiney bitches : You want a good Update which fix everything RIGHT ? or a hotfix (LIKE 1.7.2.5) which will fuck you completly up ?! Just FUCKING Wait ! Play maybe some Arma 2 (The game you actually payed for) its great or play other games. But dont douche around in this topic. "OMG I PAYED FOR THIS I WANT A UPDATE NOW !! ROCKET SUCKS !! THIS GAME (A mod which you didnt payed for) IS GOING TO FUCK IT SELF (lol?) !!!

<----------- back of the line. you think we all havent heard that 1000 times by now? nice c&p.

I'm gonna laugh hard if such thinks happens with the standalone.

What about change humanity? I just see many people with neutral skin and they just shoot everyone on sight and they still not bandit...

Why don't you all rollback to 2.4 and shut up?

maybe because all servers were forced updated u fackin muppet

What about change humanity? I just see many people with neutral skin and they just shoot everyone on sight and they still not bandit...

the skin changes on respawn, so i would assume they havent been killed yet so havent respawned? maybe...

33-50% of the game is currently disabled due to issues that popped up with version 1.7.2.5.

Can't save items to tents and can't save vehicles.

In effect you can run around, collect stuff on your player, kill zombie and other players but forget about creating a camp for your group or acquiring vehicles......except for short term use.

Most of our community has quit playing because the update killed a lot of the objectives of the game.

I have to wonder if they are going to fix these issues or if they have sidelined mod development in favor of working on the standalone game. Maybe they are going to leave the game handicapped like this for now.

• Like 1

quick question:

if there is such an obvious quick fix (as documented here https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502) for the most gamebreaking bug that persists in 1.7.2.5. which is the vehicle/tent saving issue .. then why o why not just fix it via official server update?!

shouldn't be that big of a problem, no?

Get over it. You dont need a "camp" Gather gear and kill people or ZEDS or both. If you die start over. I find it has made me be a more cautious player when hunting people. I use more tactics and planning when I dont have the ability to just run to camp and grab another 50. The game is about surviving and killing not hoarding. Personally I got bored as shit running back and forth dumping shit in tents and cars.

This problem redefined the game for me and my clan. We switched focus back to hunting people and it is mighty fun. The consequences are much greater upon death. Adapt and overcome. Sitting around whining does nothing. Make the best of what you do have.

• Like 1

"yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.."

you go play dayz the way it suits you.. after all that's what's great about the game

STILL

fact is it's a bug

fact is it is easily fixable

and it's pissing off a LOT of players

soooo my question: why not fix it...?

i mean you can still keep on going hardcore and all..right?

Edited by raoul05
  • Like 2