rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

and all the free games on the internet are still not free because you have to buy a computer to play..

and if your mom buys you a computer it's still not free because you have to pay for internet..

and if you connect via a free wifi hotspot it's still not free because you have to pay for electricity to run the computer..

fuck DayZ! it's a scam!!!!

better go buy the new Shoot at Stuff 3.7: Reloaded (HD Edition) + DLCs

Mc Donalds if giving away free cheese burgers, all you have to do it pay a £15 admission fee... Are the burgers still free? :huh:

A little FFFRUSTRATED after gathering parts for heli for hours and after the server restart all the tents came back to the previous state (sure we saved them). Taking into consideration yesturday in the same situation partially fixed helicopted returned to original state too - I'll make a pause in playing, I think.

apples and oranges

the mod was initially created for the Arma community, those who play Arma - so yeah, it was free!

it's not their fault you bought a game for a mod

when a new game is released and you have to upgrade your computer do you complain that you had to pay $800+ to play that game while the game is advertised at $60?

Hey, i know it was my choice to buy the game, i'm not disputing that but saying "oh well the mod was free so what are you complaining about" doesn't stand up when thousands of people only recently bought arma for Day z.

Edited by Rek Seven

The fix is in the video description! Sorry I can't work out how to post a link without the video appearing.

anyone tested this? If tested, it works?

Mc Donalds if giving away free cheese burgers, all you have to do it pay a £15 admission fee... Are the burgers still free? :huh:

If that admission fee is about half the price of a Whopper meal from Burger King and you get a full Big Mac meal along with that fee, THEN a free burger, then yes. Yes they are.

If you bought that Big Mac meal, just to get a free cheeseburger, and threw away the Bic Mac, fries, and Coke, then that's your problem, not McDonald's.

Edited by slonlo

lol flawed logic. As soon as you pay money to get a specific thing (the free cheese burger) it is not free.

But this is a stupid argument... Please continue with the day z mod update chatter.

Edited by Rek Seven

when should this update be at six update? dunno if i should just wait it out until its up there

any idea when this is going onto sixupdater?

Why are so many people still hung up on using SixUpdater?

FFS people perform the manual install of the files already. There is a step by step instructions process on the DayZ wiki page. It's easy as pie and then you don't have to deal with that application any longer preventing you from enjoying the current updates. I've been playing 1.7.2.5 since last Friday, literally almost a week, yet I'm still reading about people asking when it's going to be available on SU. Why the hell would you even wait that long?

Either perform the manual install, best way to play IMO, or get the newer DayZ Commander (google it) if you really need a separate application to hold your hand so you can play this game.

I'm trying to update to 1.7.2.5, but i'm having trouble manually updating.... I usually use six launcher but it isn't hosting yet.... Help?

Nevermind, saw the post above.... sorry

Edited by SealMountain

Why are so many people still hung up on using SixUpdater?

FFS people perform the manual install of the files already. There is a step by step instructions process on the DayZ wiki page. It's easy as pie and then you don't have to deal with that application any longer preventing you from enjoying the current updates. I've been playing 1.7.2.5 since last Friday, literally almost a week, yet I'm still reading about people asking when it's going to be available on SU. Why the hell would you even wait that long?

Either perform the manual install, best way to play IMO, or get the newer DayZ Commander (google it) if you really need a separate application to hold your hand so you can play this game.

It's not always as simple as people think it is. I followed several guides, with little success until I started using Six Launcher. Then I had no more problems until they basically discontinued it after 1.7.2.5.

I managed to get mine working manually only after I spotted a post mentioning copying the arma2.exe files across. Don't get on people's backs just because you didn't have trouble with it. It's the same thing as all the morons who say "it's definitely AA causing the glitches" or "v-sync always fixes the glitches" and then slag people off who still experience problems. No two systems are identical.

Edited by Shabadu_

How many times with this patch have you guys spawned on the coast? I did once but was lucky enough to not loose all my gear - but a few ppl in my crew were not so lucky.

Anyone know of a way to avoid this?

Did rocket also mention this is a free mod and in alpha?

We're "paying" with our time, testing a product that will be a retail game (to be sold). So it is a mutual exchange: we're getting fun *while* we help to improve (or actually to develop) the product. There's nothing free here: Rocket isn't Santa Claus. "Free" doesn't necessary means "without money".

Have had fair enough luck with the update since I installed Monday @ lunch time. before update graphics glitches in all the normal spots(cherno, NW af, berezino, and stary) "flush" was no help, changing various graphic ssettings was but momentary relief. Was actually scared to update due to all the fouled spawn horror stories in this thread, losing this/that.

Since the update to 1.7.2.5, have had 1 slight glitch in cherno for less than a cpl of seconds. Have not lost anything in over 15-20 logins. No random spawning anywhere but where I logged out. Have not tried to use a tent or found any veh. since I did update. tents I've found are gone next time I log in, so there's no point in wasting my effort on one, vehicles are to much trouble to fuss with most of the time.( too much to worry about hiding, maintaining).

AMD phenom2 944 quad core 3.0

4gb ram

HD5770 w/1GB ram

latest arma patch

After updating I still have the graphical glitches in Balota airstrip and military tents. Will upload a screenshot if needed

How many times with this patch have you guys spawned on the coast? I did once but was lucky enough to not loose all my gear - but a few ppl in my crew were not so lucky.

Anyone know of a way to avoid this?

Pray they return and fix it soon until then ........ if you get locked up on a loading screen alt tab out and open up a second instance of dayz log into a different server make sure you are all the way in and then close the stuck loading screen with task manager ....doesnt always work but has saved me several coast respawns

Me and a friend keep getting put on the coast each time

Getting annoying now, we have had to stop playing as its pointless running across to group up then doing it again the next login.

Please have a look at this devs..

When will the patch be released to Six launcher?

when they get back from gamescon and fix it next week ... if we are lucky

Me and a friend keep getting put on the coast each time

Getting annoying now, we have had to stop playing as its pointless running across to group up then doing it again the next login.

Please have a look at this devs..

answer to both of these is hopefully next week they are at gamescon atm so nothing going to be done until at least next week ...

when they get back from gamescon and fix it next week ... if we are lucky

answer to both of these is hopefully next week they are at gamescon atm so nothing going to be done until at least next week ...

I'm so just not playing until they fix it - I don't fee like loosing all my gear again.

This comparison makes no sense, since both the admission fee and the burgers are from McDonald's.

McDonald's is giving away free burgers, but you need to spend money on gas to get there, are the burgers still free? Of course they are, they don't really care how you got there.

The same thing applies to the mod.

• Like 2

I think it's funny that DayZ is at gamescon. I wonder which version they're running... lol. I seriously hope they stay away from any of the military stuff, that should be fun to show people. 'HEY PLAY OUR MOD SUPPORT US.' 'YEAH THIS LOOKS AWE... WHAT THE FUCK?! I CAN'T SEE OH SHIT I'M BEING EATEN ALIVE AND I CAN'T SEE BECAUSE THERE'S A GIANT GREEN TRIANGLE TAKING OVER MY ENTIRE FIELD OF VIEW.'

1.7.2.5 was rushed. 'OH SEEMS LIKE ARTIFACTS ARE GONE WE'RE GOOD. GAMESCON!'

... i think having a functional product would be better than getting the word out, especially at gamescon. considering the little amount of promotion that you guys have actually done on your own only goes to show how successful word of mouth is. 'BLAHBLAHBLAH YOU DIDN'T PAY FOR IT, IT'S IN ALPHA.' well seeing as how dayz standalone will be under bohemia and bohemia gets the loot for the sales of arma and bohemia pays your paycheques... i'd say it's safe to say a lot of us have paid for dayz already. that being said i have no problem paying for a standalone product... but with patches like these? i don't even care about the new content as so much being able to see. it's a giant buzzkill. some people say they don't have them while others do, and i'm sure that's not going to do anything for them when they get shot by someone whilst lost in artifact hell.

dogs are in at gamescon, doubt its .5 they runninng

NOW i got the "respawn on the beach" bug.

Happened after the server i was went offline, and i tried switching to another one.

The first two that i tried i got stuck at loading, so i guess on the third server that i tried that actually worked, i respawned on the beach.

I didn't lose any gear, though, but still it sucks a lot.

Edited by Fenrig

We're "paying" with our time, testing a product that will be a retail game (to be sold). So it is a mutual exchange: we're getting fun *while* we help to improve (or actually to develop) the product. There's nothing free here: Rocket isn't Santa Claus. "Free" doesn't necessary means "without money".

Oh my god quit your whining. NO ONE FORCED YOU TO BUY THE GAME!!! no one is forcing you to play it either. What now you are going to say that Rocket has to pay your electric bill because your computer needs electricity to run in order to play the game? you are an idiot please quit playing this game and go play farmville.

• Like 1