rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Or better yet, have that "this is alpha, expect it to suck balls, still want to give me money?" checkbox BEFORE you spend $30 to download the game required to run the "free" mod. You know, the game that's sold an extra million copies thanks to the many, many wonderful interviews about this mod, none of which mention how putridly unstable it is, or perhaps informs potential buyers how many script kiddy fuckwits there are pissing all over the half assed anti scripting measures compared to how many people there are actually trying to play the fucking thing.

That way, we could tick "fuck you, you sheep rapist, let us know when you have a stable, secure release." and not waste our hard earned coin on a hyped up piece of shit mod that's playable on 3 out of 5 machines and looks like Dr Polygons Adventures in Bleeding Eyeballs Land on the other 2.

And stop kissing ass. It's pathetic.

Don't be datidiot... there are a massive amount of people that can play and enjoy this game. You are in the small minority.

so much crying...

Nobody forced you babies to buy ArmA II (not DayZ) and nobody is going to force you to buy the standalone. Those of us that can read, understood that we were buying ArmA II to play a potentially buggy mod.

Luckily for me the bugs have been less than the enjoyment I get from playing the game.

I will buy a buggy standalone alpha because I enjoy playing it!

Yesterday a hacker attacked the server I was on and turned everyone to pigs! and it was fun!!!

• Like 1

Hey guys

I just wanna make a peace and love post

Look people are getting pissed of about bugs, and half of the response is fuck off its an alpha

the problem is we are just losing repsect here, look it is an alpha and shit is fucked, but its still a really fun game, and people need to jsut chill out and try and take it less seriously

back in the old days (and please im not trying to be a dayz hipster) there were wayyy worse bugs than what we got now, I mean it used to be that climbing a ladder was potentially fatal and joinin a server took half an hour. I started playing after reading some shit on RPS, just yesterday on TV i saw them doing some shit on dayZ, some hot chick who obviously had never fucking played talking about how great it is.

I think we just got it twisted and people are getting recommended a game as if it is a finished product which it is not, and so when they get in without the expectation that shit is fcuked, they get upset and I think thats understandable.

But please jsut relax, the current graphics glitch IS NOT GAMEBREAKING

it affects a small portion of the map and really the best of dayZ can be had anywhere in Chenarus, what really makes the game great is not localized to the NW, Stary, and Berez. I recommend taking a break and runnign round chernor or elektro with a crossbow and just mixing it up with some randoms, I think the simple fun of this game is being forgotten in the tidal wave of duplicated AS50s and shit that is so easy to find nowadays its ridiculous, elite gear is really not needed to have a blast in dayZ

anywyas I digress, everyone just try and have a more positive perspective, im sorry if this game was sold to you as a complete package because I think its different than how the press originally reacted, but you gotta realize Rocket never said "hey this game is awsome and bug free! buy ARMA!" the first shit I read was hey this is buggy as hell, but hey its fckin crazy and worth it

And that is why I still play DayZ bugs or not

anywyas love all yall, try not to kill each other out of Forum Rage :)

• Like 14

Any feedback on graphical glitches being gone or not would be very greatly appreciated. If we can confirm they are gone I will announce the update on twitter and we will release on SU.

Confirmed graphic glitches not fixed, myself and everyone in my clan still have the glitches, it seems no different than before.

Edited by Continuity

Yesterday a hacker attacked the server I was on and turned everyone to pigs! and it was fun!!!

Haha, I got turned into a cow the other day. I lol'd.

Then a day later, my 23 day old character with pretty much everything I wanted was on a server that got nuked. Oh well - for me there is something definately fun about being a fresh spawn and having to really survive again. Also fun seeing people again, lol.

People just need to chill and have fun. If the game is so broken for you that you cannot play, go play or do something else and check back.

Edit - on topic, I have been switching between 1.7.2.4 and .5 the last few days and I have better performance with .5 and no crazy artifacting (i7, 8gb ram, nvidia card - for whatever it matters).

Edited by teamRAVEGREEN
  • Like 2

Or better yet, have that "this is alpha, expect it to suck balls, still want to give me money?" checkbox BEFORE you spend $30 to download the game required to run the "free" mod. You know, the game that's sold an extra million copies thanks to the many, many wonderful interviews about this mod, none of which mention how putridly unstable it is, or perhaps informs potential buyers how many script kiddy fuckwits there are pissing all over the half assed anti scripting measures compared to how many people there are actually trying to play the fucking thing.

that's bullshit. before I got this game, I watched a bunch of videos about the mod, and pretty much every one mentioned it was unstable and still in the 'alpha' phase

• Like 1

Bugs I have found in 1.7.2.5 :

- Tents do not save after server restart. They are put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Vehicles (locations and inventories) do not save after a server restart. Also put back to how they were in 1.7.2.4

- Graphical glitches even worse on military zombie corpses. Can fix by changing random graphics settings but they generally go again later on.

- Strangely spawning on coast 1 in 10 times

- Putting on a Ghillie Suit or Camo Suit with large Coyote pack swaps it out for an empty noob coyote pack

All in all, the hotfix build is hotf*cked.

-The backpack glitch after using clothing has been there before .2.5 You have to drop it or relog before using the clothes.

-I have way less graphical glithces in .2.5 and I can flush them, in .2.4 I had more artifacts and not all of them could've been flushed.

-Tents/Vehicles saves maybe server-side problem, new tents placed after .2.5 work fine.

Personally I like .2.5 more than .2.4

Everyone I know still experiencing graphical artifacts around the military areas as of today.

Also, vehicles are disappearing/repsawning/not saving since .5 No matter how many times saved, moved, etc.

Okay, I haven't downloaded this update, but still nearly all the servers is "yellow" and I can't join them. Anyone else got this problem?

Well, I already readed a lot of pages.

People have posted a lot of things for fix the glitch with the graphics, here a little options:

Set (only) video memory to default.

Set all video options to default.

Change video options and alt+tab the game.

Change video options and restart the game.

Just restart the game when you see artifacts.

Do flush, with left shift key pressing at the same time - (in numpad) and type flush (nothing open, just the monitor do something like a flash). This can cause more artifacts but too can fix the problem.

Disable AA.

Turn vsync on/off.

Change server.

Disable every filter (included filters forced by ATI Catalyst or Nvidia Control Panel).

Set object and terrain options medium or low.

For me and my friends has fixes this "Set only video memory to default", but I have few friends than nothing has fixes. Is luck seems, I don't know, but keep trying.

My specs: i3, ATI 7750 (12.6), 8 GB RAM DDR 3 (2 slots)

My rest of friends: i7 and don't know the rest of hardware, but two has fixes, for others two nothing fixes.

All with 95883, I've tried with 95913 and all still okey with video memory in default.

We need to help the team and to help ourselves.

Sorry my English.

Loki271 - you have to manually update

Using Six Updater?

- Thanks for answers!:)

Wanted these bugs fixed by the weekend.

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

Humanity/Bandit Skin added back (Just the head though, full skin lootable)

Hero Skin for players with +5000 Humanity

[unconfirmed] Some players are talking about infected animals in the woods [unconfirmed]

Using Six Updater?

- Thanks for answers! :)

No, Six Launcher/Updater is still on .2.4 If you want to try the .2.5 you have to do it manually using torrent files from the 1st post of this thread or using DayZ Commander (search google)

Using Six Updater?

- Thanks for answers! :)

Here is what I did (I don't torrent)

• Go to the DayZ download page
  • Download files (either through Mirror or Torrent) - just a quick note on the mirrors. The US mirror WAS HORRIBLE the other day. I am in Washingtion (US) and it was just awful. I tried the UK mirror and was done in just a few minutes...
  • You should get a .rar file (zip file), unzip it and you should have an "addons" folder with a bunch of files.
  • I then created a new @DayZ folder in my ArmA II install directory and copied the new "addons" folder into it.
  • Now to play: I rename the @DayZ folder depending on which version I want to play. For example - when I want to play 1.7.2.5, I rename my 1.7.2.4 @DayZ folder (the default one you had) to @DayZ_1.7.2.4. Now you should only have one folder named "@DayZ" and this folder should have the new stuff you just downloaded.
  • If it wasn't obvious, to switch back - name the new @DayZ folder to @DayZ_1.7.2.5 and then change the @DayZ_1.7.2.4 to just @DayZ.

Hope this makes sense, Good luck!

Edited by teamRAVEGREEN

PLEASE, fix the bug that makes the backpack vanish forever when you drop it on the floor.

It's kinda random, it only happens sometimes.

This is really important, i bet a lot of people lost gear while trying to switch to a different backpack.

Thanks!

No, Six Launcher/Updater is still on .2.4 If you want to try the .2.5 you have to do it manually using torrent files from the 1st post of this thread or using DayZ Commander (search google)

"Play with SIX" supports the new update

http://play.withsix.com/

PLEASE, fix the bug that makes the backpack vanish forever when you drop it on the floor.

It's kinda random, it only happens sometimes.

This is really important, i bet a lot of people lost gear while trying to switch to a different backpack.

Thanks!

-open the new backpack

-put everything from your current backpack in the new backpack

-then pick up the new backpack

"Play with SIX" supports the new update

http://play.withsix.com/

hey man

have you had any issues with this? my buddies both tried this and it fucked thier game up. ARMA loads wierd and they have random bugs, cant bandage, lost ammo ect.

they just reverted with six launcher, I manual update and have had no problem but both of them did

hey man

have you had any issues with this? my buddies both tried this and it fucked thier game up. ARMA loads wierd and they have random bugs, cant bandage, lost ammo ect.

they just reverted with six launcher, I manual update and have had no problem but both of them did

it worked for me

it seems people have 'random bugs' regardless of how they update. but I had no problem bandaging

New beta patch 95948 fix my log in problem. At least it works now...

Can't believe people STILL coming on moaning about "having" to pay for Arma2:OA to play this mod.

Just quickly: NO ONE forced you to spend that money. There were NO ADVERTS popping up saying "buy this to play that"...you heard about it word of mouth (or word of internetz, whatever), and CHOSE to spend your money to play an alpha. When I heard about this game, every internet site/blog/whatever clearly stated it was alpha...If you didn't understand what "alpha" meant, tough shit. You know how to install this? then you know how to use google. Stop being asshats.

(Also, anyone bothered to play the game they ACTUALLY PAID for? i.e. ArmA? it's awesome, give it a shot)

• Like 3

Pls update via Six and create:

@DayzBETA = SIXUPDATE

@Dayz = SITE

If you guys did it the laity (most) will not install the game and the game will lose a lot of people making the future Standalone game becomes more difficult.