rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I have found that the guns seem to be re balanced back to where they used to be before the arma 2 nerf. I have noticed that the shotguns (870 and the m1014) are killing people like they used to. Can anyone else confirm?

The 'stuck at loading' issue seems to be Battleye utterly failing to be useful...again. Attempted to join up with some friends, got to main menu/player list for the server and clicked OK. Straight away a server message was visible to my friends in-game, stating that I was kicked for unresponsive BattleTard client. No such message on my end, just Loading screen of death.

After that, I was unable to join and got repeatedly kicked on entry for script restriction #87. Thanks SpazEye. You get them darn hackers, real good. Ah-hyuk!

Edited by DoctorWrongpipes

The 'stuck at loading' issue seems to be Battleye utterly failing to be useful...again. Attempted to join up with some friends, got to main menu/player list for the server and clicked OK. Straight away a server message was visible to my friends in-game, stating that I was kicked for unresponsive BattleTard client. No such message on my end, just Loading screen of death.

After that, I was unable to join and got repeatedly kicked on entry for script restriction #87. Thanks SpazEye. You get them darn hackers, real good. Ah-hyuk!

my wife and i have the same issues

After the artifacting that 1.7.2.5 made worse, I was excited to see a new arma 2 beta patch.

I updated to the latest arma 2 beta version (95913). Tried my 5 favourite UK servers and all grind to a halt at the loading screen.

Joined a US server quite quickly and after running a few meters I was teleported into the sky along with everyone else on the server. Hit ALT+F4. Joined a DE server and everything was fine again. I still had my gear but I spawned on the coast.

I would be happy to test an alpha mod, but testing something that doesn't even work 90% of the time is not for me.

I'm not wasting my time on this bollocks 1 second longer. I'm done here for now. Time to return to games that work, are not owned by hackers and supply me with fun for more than 10 mins before the shit hits the fan.

I'll return when there is something to test.

This mod is like a cross between the movies Titanic and The Lawnmower Man.

Here's another machine I just tested on: DxDiag.txt

Here are some more screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/3Dujy#0

Lastly, here are some new *hotfixes to get around the graphical issues:

- Play with your monitor off.

- Keep you eyes closed (...or squint and drink a lot of whiskey).

- The last one involves some platypus eyes, two Mountain Dews, and a few sacrifices to the Bean God... :rolleyes:

*Solutions may not work for everyone, and are not valid in the state of Delaware. Standard texting rates may apply.

Finds camo, puts it on, loses large coyote along with silenced m4, awesome

the reason why people are bitching so much is because they actually care about this game and they want a fix yes we under stand that rocket is working at his own pace and all but you would think they would throw out reverts back to previous patches and make it playable and bearable to play so we can keep playing until the patch is ready

Incorrect in my estimation.

The reason why people are bitching is that they are uncomprehending armchair quarterbacks who think that they can see solutions simply that somehow the experts who actually know and work on the mod realize are complex.

They don't understand the impact of testing something with 100 people, and then letting 100,000 try it.

They live in a black and white world where they always have the perfect hypothetical solution, and they cannot comprehend that in the real world, shit happens.

They refuse to concede to anothers vision, but instead want to paste their own on top, and expect perfection while they do nothing but consume and complain.

• Like 8

The reason why people are bitching is that they are uncomprehending armchair quarterbacks who think that they can see solutions simply that somehow the experts who actually know and work on the mod realize are complex.

They don't understand the impact of testing something with 100 people, and then letting 100,000 try it.

They live in a black and white world where they always have the perfect hypothetical solution, and they cannot comprehend that in the real world, shit happens.

They refuse to concede to anothers vision, but instead want to paste their own on top, and expect perfection while they do nothing but consume and complain.

the bug makes the game un playable , the fix did not fix it , people will complain, they will fix it , im anxious to play again, untill then lingor island

• Like 1

Finds camo, puts it on, loses large coyote along with silenced m4, awesome

You're obviously new here...:) This is a well known bug. Next time take your pack off, then put camo on. Then take off new pack that spawned with camo. And put back on your old pack....Live and learn :)
  • Like 1

Oh I c you made a mistake on the thread title, let me fix that for you

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Trolling Update

Here while I'm at it let me go ahead and fix your sig

Rocket in charge of not being retarded yet leaves us wondering when update will come out because he's too lazy to change the estimated release date. I would have a least said hey sorry not comming out on the fist looks like I'll need another week or so.

Also I would have said after I released patch. Sorry I screwed up. None of the issues I ment to fix we're fixed instead we implemented bandit and hero skins but unfortunately they r so bugged that it deletes your backpack and replaces it with a starter pack instead. Undocumented change for the lulz. Also the bandit skin looks retarded

But hey in all honesty this game is awesome I wish the best for it and I hope the next patch comes out soon we need those damn graphic glitches fixed and the backpack problem gone

Just remove the damn dead soldiers they don't even make sence to have them I mean would they not have became zombies/infected/rotted? Please just remove the dead soldiers it's not at all necessary to have them and ATM they r fucking up the game

Sorry sent this from my iPhone. Don't give a fuck about grammar or spelling so suck my baaaaaaalz

Edited by Ericko

im anxious to play again, untill then lingor island

i wanna play again as well i love this game it gives me a rush that i have never had with any other game i would go play island but it seems it does not work for me.

You're the most condescending retard I've ever met on these forums. He didn't do anything wrong by posting that information, as it is still prevalent in this current version. If you weren't just such a self-absorbed prick, you would know that backpacks tend to disappear when placed on the ground sometimes. :facepalm:

Did i say he did anything wrong? I just offered advice on how to avoid it in the future.

You've been harassing me for days for no reason. What's your problem?....last time I checked the word "moderator" does not appear with your name.

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

I also am confirming the graphical artifacts are still occurring, mainly with the soldier corpses. Old fixes that worked for me failed(lowered object and texture detail) I then turned everything on low with 50% 3d resolution and everything was fine(ugly but playable).

Also want to mention the ammo conversion for the 45 caliber handguns and 10 gauge shotgun is still not fixed(still unlimited ammo), but they damage seems increased(one shot with 1911 and revolver)

I would like to give some feedback for the 1.7.2.5 patch. I am using the beta 417 patch because the server I play on has only updated dayz and not the beta.

1st load of the game after update: Respawn at the coast. Walk north for a while then got offline. Horrible artifacts when near Bez, SW airport.

2nd load: Respawn at the coast.

3nd load through 10. Stuck on loading screen.

10th load: respawn at the coast.

11th load: respawn in debug forest with no items.

12th load: stuck on loading screen.

So pointless to play this mess right now. The hive has become a joke. It's not local servers. Its the hive that is totally destroying this mod. Btw, I have had no problems playing on non-hive servers.

• Like 1

You have to admit that the way this is tested is beyond unwise. A patch that is this unstable should only be released to a dedicated few, NOT made public to a million people and then left boiling for over a week.

Equally, reverting back to a stable version for the time being is no trouble. I don't pretend to have any clue about IT, but we're just talking about replacing a bunch of files here.

It can be done, and IS routinely done in other games.

This mod needs a testing-subforum and a testing community, both to ensure USEFUL feedback, and to avoid alienating the playerbase

• Like 1

Did i say he did anything wrong? I just offered advice on how to avoid it in the future.

You've been harassing me for days for no reason. What's your problem?....last time I checked the word "moderator" does not appear with your name.

You're no saint PlayZ that's probably why some people care very little about your thoughts on some subjects.

• Like 2

You're no saint PlayZ that's probably why some people care very little about your thoughts on some subjects.

BTW I receieved almost twenty cans of beans in support of you going away.....You promised.

BTW I receieved almost twenty cans of beans in support of you going away.....You promised.

wrong.

I'm not going to start it with you again, but read back exactly what i said before, its still relevant.

You think you're helping, but you cant keep your asshole side from oozing through, "help" with more Tact next time.

• Like 1

You have to admit that the way this is tested is beyond unwise. A patch that is this unstable should only be released to a dedicated few, NOT made public to a million people and then left boiling for over a week.

Equally, reverting back to a stable version for the time being is no trouble. I don't pretend to have any clue about IT, but we're just talking about replacing a bunch of files here.

It can be done, and IS routinely done in other games.

This mod needs a testing-subforum and a testing community, both to ensure USEFUL feedback, and to avoid alienating the playerbase

The whole point of the mod is testing. Everyone freaks out when patches come out, then they get hot fixed.

I can hardly see doing some kind of additional testing when this is already billed as alpha.

This hot fix fixed the graphical glitches for a percentage of the people out there. That's better than 0%.

I understand that people want to play, but waiting a little longer isn't really that big of a deal, in my estimation.

A certain segment of the population forgets that this is an alpha mod and as such is subject to exactly these sorts of things. It's not "other games".

• Like 10

I have lost all ability to even join a server due to this update or another reason around and consistently gets me stuck at the multiplayer lobby menu with the receiving files load up. Just sits there at 0 out of 0 transferred and eventually disconnects. I understand that updates don't always work but if the update is to blame for this issue then it should be reverted to an older version for the time being.

The whole point of the mod is testing. Everyone freaks out when patches come out, then they get hot fixed.

I can hardly see doing some kind of additional testing when this is already billed as alpha.

This hot fix fixed the graphical glitches for a percentage of the people out there. That's better than 0%.

I understand that people want to play, but waiting a little longer isn't really that big of a deal, in my estimation.

A certain segment of the population forgets that this is an alpha mod and as such is subject to exactly these sorts of things. It's not "other games".

Since nothing has been changed or fixed for the last few patches. Why does Rocket not just undo what he did to screw up the graphics in the first place?

I'm getting a little tired of the "This is alpha so everything HAS to suck balls" argument.

Sure, this game is in an early stage and no one can reasonable expect it to be bug free. There is always the chance to die of a glitch, hacker, or loose your stuff some other way. We've all come to accept that. BUT so far these issues have been popping up occasionaly. If they become commonplace for many people, something is wrong. EVEN in an alpha.

At this point it is clear the bugs are too glaring for public testing, and need to be ironed out a little more inhouse. Once that's done, it can be handed back to us to find the rare bugs that a small team of testers will inevitably overlook. That's simply the sensible way to do it.

It will get the most efficient feedback for the devs and avoid alienating large amounts of players who - like it or not - are just that: "players", rather than die hard testers.

Edited by Skurkanas
  • Like 6

What really gets under my skin is the constant references being made to this game being in "alpha". You can call this whatever you like, you can change the terminology to "bean-baked balloon festival version" for all anyone cares, the fact of the matter is your mod is being played by OVER 1 MILLION PEOPLE. It isn't an alpha anymore, no matter how you try and say it.

This may very well be the "alpha" stage of your testing, but by having 1,000,000+ people doing it, you've effectively changed the industries outlook on large-scale testing, and that comes with a change in audience, and preparations to deployments of patches, be they hotfixes or major.

Stop copping out on yourselves dev team. You've put forth a great mod, you've done great work, so stop trying to justify things being made worse with "it's an alpha!", because by all historical references of games going through alpha testing, this is entirely in it's own league.

• Like 5