rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Great patch for me. Artifacts are gone (at least in Cherno) and zombies animation is slower now. I spawned on the coast first time I played, but now I'm spawning correctly (in the same place I logged off). Thanks Rocket!

@down

I restarted it 3 times already and no artifacts (hope, it will stay this way :) , also I'm using default video memory)

Edited by mattrex47

It's only mine server, or vehicles won't save in this update, and after every update they back on their last saved zone in 1.7.2.4 ?

@up

Trust me, after few restarts of the game your artifacts will come back, and they become more huge as they were before.

Edited by WavezZ

I can confirm I have been getting graphical artifacts while playing on the latest update.

Also when you change between clothings (In my case Ghillie and Civilian) all of your ammo gets refreshed. I can see people using this as an exploit, just carrying around a spare change of clothes for unlimited ammo.

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

I Can confirm you that updating with SixUpdater (Like you recommended) these graphical glitches continue happening.

Also some big rollbacks happens, (10km rollbacks)

Cheers.

I've been a Configuration Manager / ALM Engineer for over a decade now.

ok, Mr. Configuration Manager..

I am a Software Test Engineer and I can tell you for a fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

two "pieces of code" may be good but cause problems when put together "in to the pot", you don't just roll back each time you get a bug

you try to find out why it's not working and fix it, you don't start from scratch every time something does not work up front

the reason why this is not what your "Industry Standard" says it should be, is that DayZ is not your industry standard game

alpha, beta, whatever who cares how you call it and what u think it is? it's in development and we are testing.

• Like 2

To anyone having issues with unresponsive servers, I recommend running dayz with Dayz Commander (google it) I used to have major issues with finding working servers but there's an option that disables unresponsive servers from being displayed, incredibly useful imo.

If you install the manual update and then launch the game via SixLauncher, you can pretty much guarantee that you will be reverted back to 1.7.2.4.

Get:

http://play.withsix.com/

Works in a similar way to SixLauncher but there are way more options and it WILL bring you up to speed. As Rocket said, 1.7.2.5 isn't released on the SixLauncher yet because he's unsure whether its an upgrade at all, answer: not really but it makes the game more playable and will allow you to experience the newer features in the patch and for some, it will fix the graphical glitches.

Can people please confirm if this is the case for them?

Be SURE you updated ALL YOUR FILES.

This is very important. The closed test indicated that nobody who was experiencing graphical glitches before was with this update, so if that is not the case I need to know ASAP.

I'm still getting graphical artifacts going on, I was at berezino last night and it was almost impossible to move around many areas of it due to being blinded by graphical hell. Files are all updated.

GPU is an Nvidia 560 with latest drivers, if that's any help.

ok, Mr. Configuration Manager..

I am a Software Test Engineer and I can tell you for a fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

two "pieces of code" may be good but cause problems when put together "in to the pot", you don't just roll back each time you get a bug

you try to find out why it's not working and fix it, you don't start from scratch every time something does not work up front

the reason why this is not what your "Industry Standard" says it should be, is that DayZ is not your industry standard game

alpha, beta, whatever who cares how you call it and what u think it is? it's in development and we are testing.

ROFL Seriously, this is your input? So, when you are testing, and a new piece of code gets added to the source stream and the application breaks horribly, you as an expert tester just say "Hooray! Let's keep on developing!". I apologize, can I come work in this magical place you do? Where code magically fixes itself by adding more and more broken components on top of the Main source trunk?

Every place that I have worked at, removes broken source / components from the Main branch when the build or application breaks. We then FI (forward integrate) the code to a Development Branch for further development and testing. I realize that DayZ is "in Alpha", my concern is this:

Rocket has made and insanely good game, I myself have purchased six copies of ArmA 2 CO since it came out (to pass on to friends, etc.). I understand that it is Alpha, but if he doesn't treat it more like a Release, or hell, even a Beta, his fan base will dwindle quickly. Gamers are fickle, and there are other game companies on the sidelines right now just ready to pounce on the market that Rocket has help flourish (zombie survival). If Rocket (or BIS, whoever) doesn't start following standard ALM practices, VERY quickly, the player activity will drop as fast as it rose and this game will die out to things like War Z.

I don't want to see that happen, I want this game (and the future standalone) to be successful. So I'm throwing some experience in to the mix to hopefully help Rocket (and any others on his dev staff) to focus on following standard practices without all the "QQ" comedy posts so the game becomes as professional as it is fun. And Debiru, thanks for the laugh, I have a long day ahead of me and thinking of you as a tester in my team just makes me chuckle.

Edited by Sergeant_Dono
  • Like 5

never had the pleasure to quote something more true than this.

hats off to you good sir!

ROFL Seriously, this is your input? So, when you are testing, and a new piece of code gets added to the source stream and the application breaks horribly, you as an expert tester just say "Hooray! Let's keep on developing!". I apologize, can I come work in this magical place you do? Where code magically fixes itself by adding more and more broken components on top of the Main source trunk?

Every place that I have worked at, removes broken source / components from the Main branch when the build or application breaks. We then FI (forward integrate) the code to a Development Branch for further development and testing. I realize that DayZ is "in Alpha", my concern is this:

Rocket has made and insanely good game, I myself have purchased six copies of ArmA 2 CO since it came out (to pass on to friends, etc.). I understand that it is Alpha, but if he doesn't treat it more like a Release, or hell, even a Beta, his fan base will dwindle quickly. Gamers are fickle, and there are other game companies on the sidelines right now just ready to pounce on the market that Rocket has help flourish (zombie survival). If Rocket (or BIS, whoever) doesn't start following standard ALM practices, VERY quickly, the player activity will drop as fast as it rose and this game will die out to things like War Z.

I don't want to see that happen, I want this game (and the future standalone) to be successful. So I'm throwing some experience in to the mix to hopefully help Rocket (and any others on his dev staff) to focus on following standard practices without all the "QQ" comedy posts so the game becomes as professional as it is fun. And Debiru, thanks for the laugh, I have a long day ahead of me and thinking of you as a tester in my team just makes me chuckle.

As a nearly Computer Engenieer i give you my beans, and I pray god to have the magical pot that Debiru has.

Ok, so i had graphical glitches right after i manually updated dayz to 1.7.2.5 and arma 95883 beta patch.

Yesterday after messing around with settings from -> http://www.dayzpvp.com/ultimate-dayz-graphics-settings-and-tweaks-guide/

I played few hours in servers that matched my game version: had beta patch 95883 and dayz latest. I specifically ran around to find those glitches but there where NONE at least in and around Berezino and Khelm. I tried several different servers during that time.

Installed the update on the server I co-admin and my own PC using 6L, and it updated to 1.7.2.5 just fine - displayed the change ingame and on 6L, but now 6L reads .4 not .5 and I can't join the server I updated the files on... Any ideas?

Updated to the latest version(1.7.2.5) and no glitches so far ,but i keep respawning at different locations. North of Elektro,west of Chernarus,close to Berezino and you just name it.

I am lucky i still have my gear because i spawned in front of two zombies on the beach near Balota last time and imidiately got a broken leg from one of the zombies.

I appreciate the hard work you guy's are doing but the game isn't working as intended with the last patch!

bla bla bla

misstating what I say is your argument?

dude.. stick to your management..

As a nearly Computer Engenieer i give you my beans, and I pray god to have the magical pot that Debiru has.

I am glad you are nearly a Computer Engineer.. and hope you stay that way

• Like 1

this weekend was great:

- 5 hours of gameplay, 2 hours of it stuck at loading (and then alt-f4ing to do it ALL OVER AGAIN)

- spawned at coast about 3 times - AFTER having moved far inland (thanks to the inbred DEVs who can't rectify one bug without causing another..."Yes we're gonna cure your headache by blowing off your leg, yuppers, that should fix it"

- graphical glitches (Balota, Cherno etc) still not fixed

- hacking got worse (I especially love the AS50-radar-aimbot hack that's now making the rounds. one guy on a hill and the whole east side of elektro is practically dead)

at least the DEVs are focusing on the important stuff: like spending time and effort on developing DogZ. and mystery features for the lulz.

LMFAO

You don't need hacks to decimate everything in East Elektro with an AS50. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

misstating what I say is your argument?

dude.. stick to your management..

You are aware that a Configuration Manager manages CODE right? I don't manage people, I provide developers with version control and tools for SDLC and manage the overall ALM. I'm part of the development team, there to keep the code organized, build the code and pacakge it (along with running the reporting data used by your team, etc.). To keep it simple for you, I'm the technical guy that builds the software that you test. If you were smarter or better educated / trained, you'd have my job instead of following some script that a developer made for you to test with. Please just stfu and go back under the bridge you troll, big boys are talking now.

Edited by Sergeant_Dono
  • Like 3

I continue to spawn in different locations with 1.7.2.4

Who wants the glitches to be fixed?

Well I made my OWN workaround on this issue, though this brought me to have minor glitching with barbwire :D

NOTE THE FOLLOWING MIGHT CAUSE INSTABILITY OR MORE GLITCHES SUCH AS INVISIBLE BARRICADES ON ROADS.

I have my own patch that is called 1.7.2.5_3 the 3 is there because it uses the 1.7.2.3 anim.pbo and sign file. Simply using that file solved my problems with the soldiers on the servers that run 1.7.2.5/95883 and yet I tell you this now and not on the begining of the weekend and that is because I wanted to test this and also ABUSE my own GENIOUS THINKING to fix the problem. I am not here to flame on ROCKET (BEANS TO ROCKET ON TRYING TO FIX IT FOR ALL) Since I as a hobby web-developer know that when you add something you break something thats just how it goes and with the amount of scripting they have had to do for this mod it is way easier to look over something and break then to fix it once it broke even though rolling back the code would fix it but you would face the old issues again.

+ sides:

Faster loading time on servers

Improved bullet count

other small fixes

- sides:

glitching was not fixed on my HW with the original patch used my homebrew :D

HW specs:

XFX (ATI) 7770 (ATI CCC 12.6)

FX-8120 Bulldozer

8GB 1600 Kingston Genesis memory

those are the ones that most likely affect it

If anyone has interest to try this I highly reccomend it. This has been tested and proved to work on many 1.7.2.5/95883 servers that I have been trying.

Tried to do some more playing at the weekend to test latest patch :- DayZ mod files 1.7.2.5 & OA 95883 patch.

1) GFX artifacting still present. No matter what video memory settings i use, or what object detail i use. The flush command also does absolutely nothing for me personally.

2) Ammo still magically replenishing on logout/login

3) Log out in one place, log in to somewhere totally different.

I can handle all the bugs. But the graphical glitches are just making the mod a headache to play. Please for the love of god, just remove the dead soldier bodies and barbed wire until they can be fixed properly.

I'd rather have a playable mod without the cosmetic dead bodies, than a mod that suffers from the serious gfx bugs and makes alot of people not want to play. :(

Not moaning, or crying. Love this mod...just frustrated that the last patch seems to have made things much much worse.

Edited by GeordieMarv

At the same time from yesterday's Lingor patch:

Anti-alt+F4 system - now bot appears at your position in disconnect and stays for 1 minute.

Why was it impossible for Rocket to implement again?

• Like 1

I can confirm that the graphical glitches are still an issue.

Updated to the latest version 1.7.2.5 and still glitching near every location on the map. I also keep spawning at random places.

You are aware that a Configuration Manager manages CODE right? I don't manage people, I provide developers with version control and tools for SDLC and manage the overall ALM. I'm part of the development team, there to keep the code organized, build the code and pacakge it (along with running the reporting data used by your team, etc.). To keep it simple for you, I'm the technical guy that builds the software that you test. If you were smarter or better educated / trained, you'd have my job instead of following some script that a developer made for you to test with. Please just stfu and go back under the bridge you troll, big boys are talking now.

:lol:

who said anything about managing people? the fact that you assume you know everything and the way you handle this discussion proves how stupid you are

I know exactly what you do, that's why I am calling you an idiot.

you know shit about what I do and how I do it

soo.. stick to what you do and let others do what they do best

I see no point in continuing this discussion

I'll leave you fighting over whose wiener is bigger with someone else, big boy..