rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I've come to the conclusion that this patch is terrible. Artefacts haven't gone, they're worse than ever; loading screen times seem to have increased by minutes; FPS has decreased [i used to get 30/40 FPS in towns, now I get 15]

I get the same problems here too. But my FPS drop was caused before 1.7.2.5, when I updated to ArmA 2 Beta Patch 95819.

DayZ 1.7.2.5

ARMA 2 95883

Just updated our server to it earlier, I am getting far less Artifact's as are two of my friends who have also downloaded 1.7.2.5. Humanity works but currently bugged as once you change Bandit or Hero backpack is replaced with small coyote. Still very nice to have it back.

Stability and performance seem improved for us with noticeable frame rate improvements.

The big one ----> The infected animations! \o/ <3 them, can actually take them down when they are running at you with a pistol now. Huge improvement.

Aside from a few niggles here and there this makes 1.7.3 look very promising, so great works devs. :)

Updated to 1.7.2.5 by overwriting the files in my @dayz folder. Using Arma Beta 95883.

Still having HUGE artifacts in Starry from dead soldiers.

I just installed manually 1.7.2.5 and 95883 patch and spawned with broken leg in the 'empty world'!

I logged out and tryed again at another server with 1.7.2.5/95883 build and I ended up at the shore with ALL my gear gone...>_>

Even the backpack was gone...I was wearing only my guillie suit...lost everything after 13 hole days "sigh"!

Will I be able to recover my gear if I go back to 1.7.2.4.?

Updated to 1.7.2.5 by overwriting the files in my @dayz folder. Using Arma Beta 95883.

Still having HUGE artifacts in Starry from dead soldiers.

do you have .rsync in your dayz folder?

Well, I can't seem to join any servers at all now, stuck at 'Loading' forever.

Except, one server that was so laggy it was unplayable... and I spawned at the shore there.

Too bad this update did absolutely nothing for item saves. Making the game still pointless to play. I figured that was a big issue but I guess not.

• Like 1

I made it to Stary and graphical glitches were there.

th_2012-08-11_00005.jpgth_2012-08-11_00011.jpg

th_2012-08-11_00010.jpgth_2012-08-11_00012.jpg

Some of the glitches were attached to my crosshairs as you can see.

I tried on a 95819 & 95883 servers it was the same.

Other than the ones on my crosshairs they seem to be coming from soldiers.

didn't notice any coming from razor wire.

Truth is though even with 1.7.2.4 on some servers there were no glitches and on others there were.

Is someone keeping track of which servers are glitch free and which aren't?

How could some be ok and some not?

I will start reporting servers I find that are glitch free. We can use them to extract a cure :)

On an even brighter note....load times are consistantly faster than I've ever experienced....

Edited by playZ

Still getting bad artifacts :( really kills my mood to play was really hoping this would fix it but apparently not rocket can you please please please fix this asap. for me its a game ruiner and i even died today because i couldnt see where my attacker was shooting from because my whole screen was full of artifacts in cherno. i dont seem (and i never did seem) to get the artifacts from the barbed wire it appears to be just from the dead bodies cant u just simply remove them? i understand they are there for like a little bit of story enhancement i guess but seriously they serve no purpose at all just remove the dead bodies and make the game playable for everyone again.

Wow I haven't seen this much snap homo fan boi defense in a long time

Fact one, Rocket broke the game when he introduced the graphical glitch, fact two Rocket was unable to fix the problem over the course of two weeks.

Rocket stated when he first released the broken patch that it was tested on no more than 50 machines, meaning Rocket is putting his patches through some Q/A before release into his Alpha Mod

This should be a good thing, but it's now proven that his methods are incredibly lacking

If you took your head out of Rockets ass for one second you would see that he is doing more harm than good, and he needs to take more people from the community in for patch Q/A testing before release

You say we are testing the patch, and that's true, but we are also testing to see if Rocket is competent enough to take this game to the next step (standalone) and he has shown a "million" Players as you say, that he can't fix his own mistakes.

Sure ammo got fixed, but the one bug that has been making areas unplayable remains, when it was his goal to fix it before the weekend.

STFU & GTFO :)
  • Like 3

Can we get some kind of official status/update on the patch? The last thing were heard was a tweet that it wasn't going to be pushed out on SU until later ... but that was more than 24 hours ago and there are many, many problems seemingly related to this new push no matter which version you're using -- I know that even with 1.7.2.4 that people are spawning on the coast no matter where they were when previously logging out.

• Like 1

Well I respawned on the beach of Kamenka with all my gear, problem is I have a male skin with a turban around his head when I was using the female skin. 0 murders 0 bandits killed 0 humanity but I'm miles away from my camp

No artifacts for me so far. I'm using Nvidia FXAA, vid mem default and all in game aa settings are off and all other settings at V.high. I found I was getting artifacts with 1.7.2.4 until I turned the game hud size to normal, might have been a fluke but it's fixed the game for me.

P.s after updating to 1.7.2.5 using DayZ commander I did spawn on the coast but after playing it's saved my new position fine.

Edited by vandal GAB

Bugs fixed: 0

Bugs introduced: 2

thx for not fixing anything about it in 1.2.7.5

Bugs fixed : -3

Bugs added : 10+

You guys have to admit that at least the ammo count is logged correctly with the new patch (in most cases).

@Devs: I'd like to see a 1.7.2.6 hotfix before the next major update that is basically 1.7.2.3, but with the ammo count fix.

AFAIK the other features introduced since 2.3 do not work properly. Then you can go for the next big update and introduce

new features. Just my opinion and probably you are already working on that. Anyway, thanks for continuing the developement

of this mod!

The models that cause the glitch, are they ARMA2 unique for the island or have these been added afterwards for the Dayz mod? If they are added just for the mod then please remove them. These dead soldiers (amongs other models that have the glitch errors) serve no purpose rather than annoyance when you think you found an empty body.

On the other hand, if these are models that exist on Chernarus Island and cannot be removed, then carry on, nothing to see here...

So, in short, remove the broken models if you can and save yourself and everyone else a whole heap of trouble.

Edited by dannodon
  • Like 4

spawn place was the same all gear and g. suit.

only thing i saw was from a distance looking with binocs that the tents in stary sobor had wierd artifacts. i run from the nw airfield over kabanino to stary and travelled between it and novy.

beta 95883

+ graphics are fixed to me

+ humanity is back

- infected running more through the walls

-ammo count is still not fixed.

-the mags still reset if you relog.

What the Hell can i do to avoid the error "error getting files" or "file host is not responding" ?

I installed DayZCommander on my PC - everything worked well

on another PC - i get the errors above. Sometimes it starts downloading and then aborts it

wtf oO

And updating with six updater doesn´t work

Just for the record, the following text is a rough report on my experience with update 1.7.2.5, and in no way am I intentionally meaning to come across angry, its an alpha. Along side the artifacts still being there, are crazy things like, my humanity switching between -141000, and 0, my bandit scarf disappearing and reappearing, logging in and out randomly creates a dead c lone with all of the gear of my initial character.

Sometimes my kills aren't recorded on my character sheet, for example, killing someone doesn't come up with bandits killed 1 or murders 1 and sometimes it does. Zombies are glitchy as well, I see they are slower for the sake of making them less jittery, but they sometimes just spin around me not dying until the 25th round fired at their chest/head area. Random teleporting occurs between players, some people have been teleported to anywhere along the new player coastal spawn areas from anywhere on the map, with random gear, or no gear.

Oh, and for something that I see as a step forward, I do love humanity being back with just the head scarf for a bandit indication. (gotta have something otherwise its just a deathmatch game.) Have more zombies (as in hordes), so players find them as if not more threatening than other players. Their speed is what made them dangerous and scary, the speed they are at now is just easier for everyone I think, have both, so there is normal runners and sprinters (fastest).

Edited by Alyxm

Stuck on loading. And before patch, i spawned at the coast 2 times whilst i logged out at the airfield.

Just saw someone get kicked by battleye for having a restricted script. Is this new? are we rid of hackers. I can only hope so.

possably not ive had this a bunch of times, find scripted in vehicle(without knowing its scripted) drive it, get out, get kicked for be55 restricted script :-/