rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

^^^ this

Being a sniper has too many advantages. (except for the fact that they haven't got a life)

I would love to have my friends, or myself, sick him.

got a question regarding this.. me and a friend today we killed 2 plays, there names came up on the bottom right as "so and so has been killed" but i think they alt-4 or something, as there bodys vanish =O, if i killed some one, there dead on the floor and its came up on the server as player killed, and if they d/c or whatever it is they do. will they relog/respawn with there items? cos we had a guy with a .50 cal about to take are car, lucky we killed just before he enterend he fire a shot but missed, went to the floor, name came up as killed, and his body vanished seconds after he went on the floor so we could not lot him :( will he of lost his stuff? will he repsawn as a new char? or will he spawn back where he was "killed" with all his things?

The last 6 survivor encounters have all included people logging out/in.

As soon as anyone hears a shot nowadays they log out.

Sure enough, a little while later they log back in and kill me or my friends. Luckily we've been able to avenge our deaths most of the time! But this has broken the game along with loot hoppers - hopefully rocket and the team implement something in the 1.7.2 fix.

I had some really fishy players who seemed like they could teleport to people logging in as well today.

I like the idea that if you kill a player you have a 5 min cooldown before you can d/c - someone said that you'd have to plan a way out to safety before you take the shot, which is a cool idea. Spose it doesn't stop Alt+F4 assclowns.

Was funny yesterday my group ran into a few Bandits, trying to gain position over us, all with high value gear except one with a hatchet and noob backpack (so he must have been a respawn).

We had no choice but to engage, we took out 2 bandits, both of whom logged before their death was registered. The guy with the hatchet then charged my teammate, knowing he was going to die. This hatchet wielding player was hit, and was bleeding out. He didn't log. So we didn't finish him off. We didn't want their gear, we just wanted to make it out of the airfield alive.

So whoever that was who DIDN'T log, just know that you're more honorable than your friends, and your welcome for not finishing you off.

How to prevent Ghosting:

Whenever a player logs out/disconnects from a server, the server saves their location info for a specified amount of time (15-30 minutes perhaps). If that player logs back in within that time frame, the server puts them at their previous location, overriding any change in their location that may have occurred via server-hopping.

Someone literally just spawned behind me in an airfield barracks, shot at me with an AK, hit me once in the leg. I ran into a room, wanted to bandage but thought it's best to go out in a blaze of glory rather than risk being a sitting duck. Sprint into the room he ran in after missing me, gone.

So, not only did he attempt to ghost me he also left afterwards. I don't think Rockets current idea will fix this... I think he needs to remove the current consistent servers to stop people from doing this. It won't punish anyone unless their home server is over populated...

this has probably been said, but when you get hurt by anything at all you shouldn't be able to dc or log until 5-10 minutes after. Would get rid of the people that dc when shot, and when the morons are too lazy to sneak through cities and they just sprint and take all the zombies into a building and log out.

I also agree about the player killing...not being able to log out after killing someone, though i've never really felt like logging out after sniping someone. Just wait and bait the body, unless of course the player i shoot dc's...I usually DC right after to avoid having him try and spawn behind me -_____-

Someone literally just spawned behind me in an airfield barracks' date=' shot at me with an AK, hit me once in the leg. I ran into a room, wanted to bandage but thought it's best to go out in a blaze of glory rather than risk being a sitting duck. Sprint into the room he ran in after missing me, gone.

So, not only did he attempt to ghost me he also left afterwards. I don't think Rockets current idea will fix this... I think he needs to remove the current consistent servers to stop people from doing this. It won't punish anyone unless their home server is over populated...

[/quote']

Or as an alternative:

15-20 sec logout timer

15-20 sec login timer

Fixed!

I play on NZ and ANZ servers, I can't really pick a home server as they're always highly populated.

Consistant servers should definitely not be removed. It'd be fine for those people who often can get onto the same server, but for me and people in my position would get severely punished for the acts of some douchebags.

this has probably been said' date=' but when you get hurt by anything at all you shouldn't be able to dc or log until 5-10 minutes after. Would get rid of the people that dc when shot, and when the morons are too lazy to sneak through cities and they just sprint and take all the zombies into a building and log out.

I also agree about the player killing...not being able to log out after killing someone, though i've never really felt like logging out after sniping someone. Just wait and bait the body, unless of course the player i shoot dc's...I usually DC right after to avoid having him try and spawn behind me -_____-

[/quote']

Well, we already have not being able to dc or log for 5-10 minutes after being shot, at the very least. The shock thing you get after being shot makes it so that if you log out while you have shock, than you automatically fall unconcious for a very long time when you log back in. Definately long enough to bleed out, if he/she didn't bandage the wound.

Should have posted this here instead of a new thread but anyway.....

How DC/ServerHoping is causing KoS

You're sitting their in a house in Novy Sabor contimplating your next location. You move out and turn a corner and your heart stops. Here comes another survivor. Hes equipped with nicer gear than you have. A machine gun, you only a pistol but a large cayote. He only has a chech. He hasent seen you but you think its only a matter of time. You hold out on taking a shot. Zombies ARE EVERYWHERE. You've never seen so many spawn in one place. Its 1.7.2 and you know the zombies vision and hearing are much more realistic than before. You let your guard down for just a second and you are being shot at. The survivor walking down the street was not a survivor, he was a bandit. You die in a pool of your own blood and regrets at not taking HIM OUT first. Hes made a KoS out of you now.

But what about the bandit?? Surely he would have considered the seriousness of opening fire in that shitstorm of zombies. No. Didnt even cross his mind because he knew all he had to do was kill you. DC. And spawn back in right where your dead body lies. He is chilling. Zombies spawn back not aggroed a few seconds later. MO GEAR, NO PROBLEMS.

I rest my case......

VictorM ^ has some solid points.

My biggest beef (apart from people disconnecting to avoid being killed mid firefight) is people disconnecting mid firefight, joining another server, running around behind you, and logging back in to your server...

This happens way to much, I don't see how people can do it and think they aren't cheating?

Also very hard to report them on vet servers where you get no name tags and no kill messages.

I think the best way (like mentioned above) is log out and log in timers, but not for 15 seconds, for a couple minutes..

maybe you can still move about when logging out and then when logging in you can run around but cant fire a gun for a couple minutes?

Annoying part about it would be some servers don't run nearly as nice as others so its not uncommon for me to join a server and within a minute or 2 log out because of poor fbs or rubber banding or whatever else might be going on. But i would live with it to stop this other bullshit

I've also been shot at as soon as I come back to the game a day later. The hell if I'm going to let some idiot get the kill just because I spawned where he could see me and I am so vulnerable.

this has probably been said' date=' but when you get hurt by anything at all you shouldn't be able to dc or log until 5-10 minutes after. Would get rid of the people that dc when shot, and when the morons are too lazy to sneak through cities and they just sprint and take all the zombies into a building and log out.

[/quote']

You don't always go into shock when damaged from what I've seen.

Well, we already have not being able to dc or log for 5-10 minutes after being shot, at the very least. The shock thing you get after being shot makes it so that if you log out while you have shock, than you automatically fall unconcious for a very long time when you log back in. Definately long enough to bleed out, if he/she didn't bandage the wound.

the only way to fix this is to bind a character to a specific server for a number of minutes(20-30mins?) after any kind of interaction has been made (looting, damaging, taking damage etc). Its a simple way to destroy the cheese that is coward DCers and loot server hoppers.

the only way to fix this is to bind a character to a specific server for a number of minutes(20-30mins?) after any kind of interaction has been made (looting' date=' damaging, taking damage etc). Its a simple way to destroy the cheese that is coward DCers and loot server hoppers.

[/quote']

THIS! Its simple just do it. If you are in a server for more than 10 minutes you are locked in that server for so long. 60 minutes etc. That way all those bitching about well I like to look for a good server, have no excuse.

THIS! Its simple just do it. If you are in a server for more than 10 minutes you are locked in that server for so long. 60 minutes etc. That way all those bitching about well I like to look for a good server, have no excuse.

only problem I can imagine may happen with this is say D/C and when you return server is full, it'd definitely prevent the bullshit but at the same time some people might get really unlucky. I dunno there always seem to be a negative effect on players doing the right thing. I just dont see why douchebags do it in the first place....

I think a 10 - 15 second timer that cancels if you take any damage whatsoever, and forces you to stand up and be stationary should suffice. If you alt + f4 then it just continues trying to log you out automatically.

Lots of things need to be adjusted before I will want to let go of being able to server hop and disco to escape a swarm that somehow saw me through a wall while I was showing no Sound or Vision. Fix faulty mechanics like infected response, so we can judge them fairly well before risky moves and as long as the death is clearly my own stupid fault and not a glitchy system, cool. Till then I will GLADLY disco and use then current mechanics to gain advantages (though I have never and will never hop to kill a player, this Han don't shoot first, frankly I think its a waste of time that I would rather use looting spots).

Honestly there's no fix for this that doesn't catch up anyone who has a connection problem (And given the shitty stability of some servers at the moment, that's kindof a big deal). Rockets current system of detecting people who are rapidly connection and disconnecting is fine for the most part.

But people have lives (some of us) and there's a real world out there. If i happen to get spotted when i need to log out to go to work or do something important, i don't feel like i should be locked into *arbitrary time delay or other penalty* just so Doucheballs Mc BanditFace is also unable to avoid dying because he finally got what was coming to him.

It may be something they can work in later (and if you can allow certain areas perhaps to be "safe zones" for instant logout if you INSIST on adding a time delay) then maybe it'll work. But right now there's too much instability and too many bugs to be focused on such a stupid little thing. Most of you death dodgers are losing all your shit due to tent/vehicle save bugs anyway.

Honestly there's no fix for this that doesn't catch up anyone who has a connection problem (And given the shitty stability of some servers at the moment' date=' that's kindof a big deal). Rockets current system of detecting people who are rapidly connection and disconnecting is fine for the most part.

But people have lives (some of us) and there's a real world out there. If i happen to get spotted when i need to log out to go to work or do something important, i don't feel like i should be locked into *arbitrary time delay or other penalty* just so Doucheballs Mc BanditFace is also unable to avoid dying because he finally got what was coming to him.

It may be something they can work in later (and if you can allow certain areas perhaps to be "safe zones" for instant logout if you INSIST on adding a time delay) then maybe it'll work. But right now there's too much instability and too many bugs to be focused on such a stupid little thing. Most of you death dodgers are losing all your shit due to tent/vehicle save bugs anyway.

[/quote']

You are the minority who have shit internet in the 21st century or a server hoppper. 20 Mbs is standard at least in the US. Thats fine for most US servers. Elsewhere speeds are actulley faster

Honestly there's no fix for this that doesn't catch up anyone who has a connection problem (And given the shitty stability of some servers at the moment' date=' that's kindof a big deal). Rockets current system of detecting people who are rapidly connection and disconnecting is fine for the most part.

[/quote']

You are the minority who have shit internet in the 21st century or a server hoppper. 20 Mbs is standard at least in the US. Thats fine for most US servers. Elsewhere speeds are actulley faster

you clearly have it all sorted out, and anyone experiencing connection problems must just like in third world countries with piss poor internet connection.....

Note how i didn't state i have a connection problem (I don't.) And how i'm the only person who seems to not be just talking about myself and nobody else.

For reference' date=' i'm on an fibre connection (You know, the big round cables that shoot light down them?) Probably faster than most people, always on, with equipment that isn't older than the internet itself. I specfically have no connection issues (except when the actual server itself dies, and given i run VOIP while playing it becomes quite obvious when the point of failure is not local) but that everyone throwing up random numbers of time waiting and locking you into servers is going to accomplish precisely nothing. There's simply more important things to do than try and add some arbitrary time delay. And adding a time delay won't just automagically solve everything in one go.

you clearly have it all sorted out, and anyone experiencing connection problems must just like in third world countries with piss poor internet connection.....

Well i had a better suggestion than yours. What was yours again? You didn't post anything of actual value to the discussion just now, so it's hard to tell...

Note how i didn't state i have a connection problem (I don't.) And how i'm the only person who seems to not be just talking about myself and nobody else.

For reference' date=' i'm on an fibre connection (You know, the big round cables that shoot light down them?) Probably faster than most people, always on, with equipment that isn't older than the internet itself. I specfically have no connection issues (except when the actual server itself dies, and given i run VOIP while playing it becomes quite obvious when the point of failure is not local) but that everyone throwing up random numbers of time waiting and locking you into servers is going to accomplish precisely nothing. There's simply more important things to do than try and add some arbitrary time delay. And adding a time delay won't just automagically solve everything in one go.

Well i had a better suggestion than yours. What was yours again? You didn't post anything of actual value to the discussion just now, so it's hard to tell...

wasnt even talking to you fucktard

Dear combat loggers, please learn to shoot. 70% of people shooting at me miss me with an entire mag and then they disconnect once I turn around to shoot them. Hope you enjoy that Enfield bullet in the chest in the next server you join.

I'm starting to think my Enfield bullets is causing people to disconnect.