rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

I don't know if it's probably just me but here and there I get a few crashes (only happened twice) where the game would freeze and just crash to desktop. I hope I don't get banned on accident... :/

Why don't you just make it that if you want to disconnect you have to sit still and not move for twenty seconds' date=' but you can still swivel your head, however, if you start getting shot at you are free to move as it just breaks the counter and in order to log off you need to sit still for another twenty seconds. Basically just a cool down timer where you're in control, but moving restarts the count from zero so you're never stuck, frozen, or immobile.

[/quote']

Because you can just Alt+F4 anytime, so that counter would be useless.

If its pvp disconnecting it should be an instant ban imo. zombies are glitched and zombie disconnecting really isnt that bad imo because you can have an endless amount of zombies spawn if you are shooting an enfield or cz you will encounter hundreds of zombies and no bullets to shoot them all. Zombies still need more gear and more gear in general needs to be added. Maybe more loot spawning faster? But at any-rate there isn't enough loot. EXAMPLE: John Doe Picks up enfield 2 clips(enfield first primary weapon john doe has seen in 2 days of playing) he has 20 bullets and he has just alerted a small gathering of zombies. He has no pistol rounds and is forced to shoot zombies with his enfield. He kills first one with great success only to have the entire town of zombies rush him so he goes in house to hunker down and shoot them all BUT they never stop coming they keep respawning and running to him from all the zombie spawns in the town because enfield can be heard 2.5 miles really? Thats all 20 rounds gone and john doe is still stuck in said house to die.Ok maybe 2.5 miles was an exaggeration but you get the idea of why there needs to be more loot mainly ammo and primary weapons.

PS

In real zombie apoc there wouldnt be a shortage of ammo because we can just raid the government and military for the trillions of rounds they possess. Worst case we also can rob local gun shops of all guns and ammo equally.

Why not a simple system comparable to most MMO's?

You want to log out so you click disconnect, a message pops up: "Your character will be taken offline in X seconds (counting down realtime). You can still see your character during this time but can't take any actions. So if someting happening in this timespan you click cancel and react. You're back in the game and if you wanna quit you'll just have to do it over again.

-----------

THIS

You want to log out so you click disconnect' date=' a message pops up: "Your character will be taken offline in X seconds (counting down realtime). You can still see your character during this time but can't take any actions. So if someting happening in this timespan you click cancel and react. You're back in the game and if you wanna quit you'll just have to do it over again.

-----------

THIS

[/quote']

Because you can just Alt+F4

I mostly (when i dont have my friends on).

Log in for 5 minutes, kill 1 or 2 people or run to a certain spot... then log out once i have no more game time.

Then I walk away from my computer and maybe will repeat the process 30-40 min later.

Not so much that i'm evading fights, just that I don't always have the time to be fully commited to a game, meaning I'll alt F4 out when I stop having time.

You want to log out so you click disconnect' date=' a message pops up: "Your character will be taken offline in X seconds (counting down realtime). You can still see your character during this time but can't take any actions. So if someting happening in this timespan you click cancel and react. You're back in the game and if you wanna quit you'll just have to do it over again.

-----------

THIS

[/quote']

Yes, but the point to all this is.. if you alt+f4 once the system is in place you are punished

It's an ALPHA, why do some even complain about such a nuisance? Sure, sometimes it sucks, get used to.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes the others win.

-----------

THIS

[/quote']

Well if it is done properly Alt+F4 will only cause that the character is waiting in the game for X seconds before it is actually logging off from the game. Like it's implemented in most of the MMOs.

A little suggestion about loggin/logging out.

in cetain games, when you are "in combat" ( lets say your firing another PLAYER/ fired upon by a PLAYER) you get a timer that blocks you from logging out.

it could be a way to avoid that sort of thing. people will think twice before shooting someone( maybe the targeted victim has friends with him). In the case your being fired upon...well its part of the game.

i beleive this game is trying to be the most realistic as possible and i dont know about you but im not able to to dissapear in RL.

As for logging in/logging out for looting the same place over and over, it break a little bit the surviving and scrounging for equipement part. A good way could ba that ounce you join a server you get a 10-15min "lock in". it wont stop it completly, but would slow it down.

just an idea :)

Hopefully BI are coming soon with the beta patch so rocket can fix this...

I don't think it's fair to be punished for disconnecting to avoid death when the death is caused by an enemy player who has disconnected from your server, joined another server to get behind your position, and rejoined your server again to shoot you in the back of the head.

I don't think it's fair to be punished for disconnecting to avoid death when the death is caused by an enemy player who has disconnected from your server' date=' joined another server to get behind your position, and rejoined your server again to shoot you in the back of the head.

[/quote']

Pretty sure with the new system in place, things like this will not happen.

Thats the main reason (plus loot spawn hopping) that Rocket is waiting for the newest Arma patch so he can implement his disconnect spam fix.

This is all from info I have gathered in public postings

Unless of course you sit in the exact same spot for 10-15 minutes... in which case nothing can help you.

i am starting to wonder are you people retarded? i mean those who even dont read this thread and then write there should be like x min before you realy disconnect. i havent heard any fucking answers about zombie spawning and glitching cos that is main issue for d/c. anyone? no real answers? only there should be like x min bullshit? this is community? fuck this. why the fuck we dont limit d/c options to bandits. so if you are piece of shit idiot who kills on sight and takes ppls equipment than you cant disconnect and than you ll be shot too. like this we only have group of sheeps conforming why ppl disconn issue. zombies are problem! EARTH CALLING IDIOTS. ZOMBIE GLITCHING IS PROBLEM! ROGER THAT?!

lmao Multi is raging hard <3

Someone is scared of a lack in Disconnect safety x)

jeez man it seems you cant read. i mean your problem, but the way you answer thread is like having a mental issue. i raged cos noone answered one simple fact. what about unreal zombies?what about 75 percent ppl disconn cos zombies are unreal to handle? speed? through wall issue? spawn rates? unable to clean area for a second? radar in their head so you cant hide in house? and that is all. and from that you say i need d/c safety? i mean i am trying to push myself once more to explain what is the problem but i think you wont even read reply as you didnt read anything in this thread. it gets me pissed talking to call of duty generals and wow lunatics. few days before i was arguing 4 ppl on server saying arma is piece of shit and this dayz is great game. that is simmilar to your response. i say one thing is problem you detect other. like talking to wall. have fun playing. hope to catch you online cos i sure dont ever disconn pvp. cya.

The main server logs when you login and logout. If it detects you doing this too many times in a short space' date=' it will warn you when you login. If it continues to detect this, then it will punish you by killing your character.

[/quote']

The only issue I have with this system is moving camps from one server to another would trigger this login and logout warning.

Right now my squad is in the process of doing just that, if this system was in place I'm sure we would be dead.

I want a system to prevent death dodgers as I have come across a number of them, but this is one of the flaws of this proposed plans.

This has probably been stated before, but a 5 second countdown when you attempt to disconnect could fix this issue. There are some issues with this fix, but the pros outweigh the cons.

What about disconnecting because of bugs? The other day I was being chased by zombies and got caught in the bug where I was stuck in alt-look, so all I could do to avoid dying was DC.

If its pvp disconnecting it should be an instant ban imo. zombies are glitched and zombie disconnecting really isnt that bad imo because you can have an endless amount of zombies spawn if you are shooting an enfield or cz you will encounter hundreds of zombies and no bullets to shoot them all. Zombies still need more gear and more gear in general needs to be added. Maybe more loot spawning faster? But at any-rate there isn't enough loot. EXAMPLE: John Doe Picks up enfield 2 clips(enfield first primary weapon john doe has seen in 2 days of playing) he has 20 bullets and he has just alerted a small gathering of zombies. He has no pistol rounds and is forced to shoot zombies with his enfield. He kills first one with great success only to have the entire town of zombies rush him so he goes in house to hunker down and shoot them all BUT they never stop coming they keep respawning and running to him from all the zombie spawns in the town because enfield can be heard 2.5 miles really? Thats all 20 rounds gone and john doe is still stuck in said house to die.Ok maybe 2.5 miles was an exaggeration but you get the idea of why there needs to be more loot mainly ammo and primary weapons.

PS

In real zombie apoc there wouldnt be a shortage of ammo because we can just raid the government and military for the trillions of rounds they possess. Worst case we also can rob local gun shops of all guns and ammo equally.

It seems you have not understood DayZ. It is not about killing all the Zeds, it's about surviving. If you don't have the ammo or a silenced weapon, don't engage or aggro Zeds where there is a risk of aggroing a full horde. This takes some patience but can easily be done. You can get in any barn, any building and any city without being spotted by zombies if you are patient and pick your path wisely.

I do agree though, that sometimes the glitches force you to disconnect.

I was in a military barack hiding in the shower :D because I wanted to avoid the confrontation with another player. He saw me anyways and instantly started to fire. I killed him aggroing the Zeds in the same moment. The started to hit me through the walls. I had enough ammo and could easily have killed them all, if they would have come through the door.

What about disconnecting because of bugs? The other day I was being chased by zombies and got caught in the bug where I was stuck in alt-look' date=' so all I could do to avoid dying was DC.

[/quote']

When you say... the bug that makes you stuck in alt look

do you actually mean:

I dont understand the controls for Arma II.

If you double tap ALT it will put it back to normal, its a feature not a bug.

i raged cos noone answered one simple fact. what about unreal zombies?what about 75 percent ppl disconn cos zombies are unreal to handle? speed? through wall issue? spawn rates? unable to clean area for a second? radar in their head so you cant hide in house? and that is all. and from that you say i need d/c safety?

When moving around and looking for some fresh meat, they're hungry and dull and their systems are running 'low'. But as soon as they sense prey they mobilize their very last energy and hunt you down like vermin. They follow the trail of your smell when you run away, they ignore their pain because of that fresh meat is kicking their adrenaline into areas you can only dream of, they hear your heavy breath when you're hiding in a house, their eyesight get's brighter, focused on their prey and nothing else, though sometimes disturbed by other prey which happens to be aroundm, they won't let loose the trail until they can feast on their prey. FRESH HUMAN MEAT!

Get used to, Zombies rediscovered senses the 'standard' mankind has lost over the yearthousands, they were no longer required as more and more civilized life got. That's called evolution. (Btw., all those Creationists and others out there not being fond of evolution: shut up and make a thread about in Off Topic!)

Respawnrate of course is a totally different matter. :)

What about disconnecting because of bugs? The other day I was being chased by zombies and got caught in the bug where I was stuck in alt-look' date=' so all I could do to avoid dying was DC.

[/quote']

When you say... the bug that makes you stuck in alt look

do you actually mean:

I dont understand the controls for Arma II.

If you double tap ALT it will put it back to normal, its a feature not a bug.

No, I mean there's a bug where you get stuck in that view and double tapping alt doesn't fix it. I've had a friend have the same thing happen to him.

Re: All the posts along the lines of "But what about bugs?"

This is an alpha.

Yeah, I get that. You're missing the point. I'm wondering if it still counts as exploiting if I'm doing it because a bug is getting me killed.