rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

you should disconnect at a save location. (;

+1

Nice fail on the part of the serverhopping loot griefer

Ok i disconnect to try to do some server setups and when i reconnect my character keeps passing out. I'm full on health,food,drink,temp is fine,blood at 12000. WTF?

Ok i disconnect to try to do some server setups and when i reconnect my character keeps passing out. I'm full on health' date='food,drink,temp is fine,blood at 12000. WTF?

[/quote']

happens to me too sometimes.

it has to do with the protection...

i'm not 100% sure how it works.

apparently if you disconnect when there's a certain symbol on your screen this happens.

it kinda looks like a broken bone but it's not.

i thought the symbol was supposed to symbolize taking damage, but if that were the case we wouldn't have 12000 blood... hm.

Lol ? silly ideas.. whats about someone got internet problems ?!

Most of the time you won't lose your connection when your bleeding.

Since you usually patch yourself up fast.

But if your bleeding and DC.....I would imagine your going to bleed out- so it make sense to have that character die.

The odds of a disconnect happening and bleeding at the same time is small.

Logout Timer for the people who tried to dc in battle. 10-15 seconds. (They have to stay still for 10-15 seconds then it disconnects)

If someone is bleeding then character dies.

That's basically all we need.

Lol ? silly ideas.. whats about someone got internet problems ?!

Too bad, so sad.

I'm sorry if you feel that you being inconvenienced is more important than the rest of the community to help stop the exploiters and cheaters.

Play on a different server maybe?

Just do it like runescape - if you have been involved in combat you have to wait 10 seconds from the end of combat (i.e - Taking or dealing damage) to log out

The only problem I see with this is what if the server is lagging and even tho your last battle was half an hour ago the game still thinks you are in combat and won't let you log out, even if it's in the middle of the woods. I see this happen in mmo's all the time. "You cannot log out while you are in combat" even tho I'm sitting in the auction house and my last fight was an hour ago. "You cannot hearth while you are in combat" even though the creature glitched into the ground and became invulnerable, and I couldn't kill it.

I think it should be revised to if you lose blood you are not allowed to disconnect for two minutes. Not bleed but just plain ol' taking damage. And if the player Alt+F4s their character is still on the server for two minutes. Because that's really the only way to signify someone is actually in combat without introducing a bunch of other weird errors and loopholes. You don't really have to worry about falls preventing a log out because from what i've seen falls are pretty much fatal.

To the fuckin farming/sniper/serverhoper/disconnecter on de2 ~ 22 o'clock @ NE airfield' date=' who got scouted as he tried to get in sniping postion with his guillie and who was fuckin fast to disconnect although getting 3 hits from dmr from < 100meters range.

-> May you rot in hell fuckin bastard.

[/quote']

If you came at them in a vehicle then it sounds like me lol, although I remember it a little differently...so it might not have been you.

I was running off into the wilderness to find a nice spot to log off when a car (something with an engine anyway) spots me & parks up on the other side of the copse I've just entered. I'm not particularly worried at this point as keeping my character alive (five days of shooting sheep, filling canteens and running from gunshots...yay) has become fairly tedious & i'm pretty sick of disconnecting players myself, so I wasn't about to log out before they got out of the car.

Being a coward and having already noticed a group of nearby zombies, I thought I'd be sporting and give the other player(s) a chance of killing me. I zig-zagged my way across a field to the treeline while my would-be murderers made use of their impressively bad marksmanship to agro the zombies and watch me disappear into a bush. By all counts I've escaped and the 'firefight' is over, they have the zombies to worry about and vehicle to look after while I'm the other side of a field sprinting through dense forest unharmed...so how long does a player have to needlessly stick around before they can log off and watch Murray get beaten at tennis? (well okay he didn't tonight, but we all know its coming). I figured about 2 mins, but others may disagree.

If I might play devil's advocate for a moment, its going to be very hard to figure out where to arbitrarily draw the line between kosher & banhammer. Don't get me wrong you could definitely do it, but it might get a little infuriating for both sides. Two people could potentially go 10 mins without coming close to hitting each other but still be engaged in PvP, or go 1 minute and be worlds apart.

That said I do like the idea of logging off when bleeding being lethal, as it would hamper both those disconnecting to avoid death from both players and zombies.

I just get the feeling that the only way to fix it is for the Devs to put the penalty as player death and start throwing ideas in the mix until one sticks...after all its still in alpha and characters die pretty easily anyway so why not make the most of it.

This shit needs to be fixed soon.

I have over 5 people who I shot that disconnected so I couldn't finish them off and loot their body.

What I hate the most is people shooting at you, missing and then disconnecting. And you spend 10-20 mins being pinned down thinking they are aiming at you.

Such a waste of time.

Solve it =

1)Disable Alt+F4

2)If player is bleeding when they Disconnect then they die.

3)When I player clicks Abort- to DC, there will be an hour glass icon that fills up before your character is allowed to DC. This means your character is staying there for the 10secs-20secs.

This will remove the DCing issue.

i disconnect all the time to escape death from zombies. i however think thats bullshit that i can. even worse are the people who disconnect to escape death from me.

imo - no spawning within 200m of any building - if you disconnect near a building you will spawn 400m away in a random place.

10 second disconnect timer. you will disconnect in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,bing. press a key to interrupt. even if they alt+f4 their body should remain in server for the 10 seconds - and if they die then well the corpse should remain for 15minutes minimum.

bam. exploits gone.

this will be the death of the mod.

i've encountered 7 poeple last night. all 7 disconnected from a fight. one actually killed 2 of our group, then when he finally shot him, he disconnected. he is the one that atacfked us first, and after disconnecting, he was back from a different location, 3 different times.

whats the point of fighting a piece of shit that heals up on a different server after every single bullet that hits him.

This BS has become common practice for anyone who gets past cherno.

This has to be the single biggest issue right now and needs to be resolved ASAP.

If not then server admins should be allowed to kick players who connect/disconnect within a short period of time.

To the fuckin farming/sniper/serverhoper/disconnecter on de2 ~ 22 o'clock @ NE airfield' date=' who got scouted as he tried to get in sniping postion with his guillie and who was fuckin fast to disconnect although getting 3 hits from dmr from < 100meters range.

-> May you rot in hell fuckin bastard.

[/quote']

If you came at them in a vehicle then it sounds like me lol, although I remember it a little differently...so it might not have been you.

I was running off into the wilderness to find a nice spot to log off when a car (something with an engine anyway) spots me & parks up on the other side of the copse I've just entered. I'm not particularly worried at this point as keeping my character alive (five days of shooting sheep, filling canteens and running from gunshots...yay) has become fairly tedious & i'm pretty sick of disconnecting players myself, so I wasn't about to log out before they got out of the car.

Being a coward and having already noticed a group of nearby zombies, I thought I'd be sporting and give the other player(s) a chance of killing me. I zig-zagged my way across a field to the treeline while my would-be murderers made use of their impressively bad marksmanship to agro the zombies and watch me disappear into a bush. By all counts I've escaped and the 'firefight' is over, they have the zombies to worry about and vehicle to look after while I'm the other side of a field sprinting through dense forest unharmed...so how long does a player have to needlessly stick around before they can log off and watch Murray get beaten at tennis? (well okay he didn't tonight, but we all know its coming). I figured about 2 mins, but others may disagree.

If I might play devil's advocate for a moment, its going to be very hard to figure out where to arbitrarily draw the line between kosher & banhammer. Don't get me wrong you could definitely do it, but it might get a little infuriating for both sides. Two people could potentially go 10 mins without coming close to hitting each other but still be engaged in PvP, or go 1 minute and be worlds apart.

That said I do like the idea of logging off when bleeding being lethal, as it would hamper both those disconnecting to avoid death from both players and zombies.

I just get the feeling that the only way to fix it is for the Devs to put the penalty as player death and start throwing ideas in the mix until one sticks...after all its still in alpha and characters die pretty easily anyway so why not make the most of it.

Doesn't seem to have been you. This guy approached the NE airfield from the western hill. The fight happened about 10 - 100 meters from the treeline beginning into the woods.

And he seemed to be one of those guys who shoots others w/o regrets (legit, don't get me wrong), but exploits every possible other exploit the game offers. He was so fast with disconnecting, either task manager already open, or practiced dcing.

Solve it =

1)Disable Alt+F4

3)When I player clicks Abort- to DC' date=' there will be an hour glass icon that fills up before your character is allowed to DC. This means your character is staying there for the 10secs-20secs.

[/quote']

Close, but I'd take it one step further (since disabling Alt+F4 or ending process in task manager is pretty much impossible).

1) Quitting without saving (Alt+F4, losing connection...) = death, sorry

2) Aborting = hour glass icon, game takes 30 seconds to save

Also, no need anymore to constantly save everyone's progress while playing, which reduces load on the main server.

Yeah, a lot of delicious tears will flow over accidental disconnects, but it fixes death dodging.

Solve it =

1)Disable Alt+F4

3)When I player clicks Abort- to DC' date=' there will be an hour glass icon that fills up before your character is allowed to DC. This means your character is staying there for the 10secs-20secs.

[/quote']

Close, but I'd take it one step further (since disabling Alt+F4 or ending process in task manager is pretty much impossible).

1) Quitting without saving (Alt+F4, losing connection...) = death, sorry

2) Aborting = hour glass icon, game takes 30 seconds to save

Also, no need anymore to constantly save everyone's progress while playing, which reduces load on the main server.

Yeah, a lot of delicious tears will flow over accidental disconnects, but it fixes death dodging.

I'll one-up you.

20 sec animation on disconnect.

20 sec animation on reconnect.

Fixed.

I'll one-up you.

Fixed.

This won't fix server hoppers, the other biggest problem in the game. We don't want "half fix": wouldn't make sense to disrupt the whole game to leave then half of the problem there.

I'll one-up you.

Fixed.

This won't fix server hoppers' date=' the other biggest problem in the game. We don't want "half fix": wouldn't make sense to disrupt the whole game to leave then half of the problem there.

[/quote']

I do think it will fix server hoppers as you will be forced to log out in a safe place. Unless of course, you are willing to spawn in a frozen state right next to someone else.

[...] how can it be fair to be killed before you can even finish getting loaded in to defend yourself?

Not always an option. I've been disconnected from servers in dangerous places so many times i'm beginning to think there's someone watching me and doing it deliberately -.-

[...] how can it be fair to be killed before you can even finish getting loaded in to defend yourself?

Not always an option. I've been disconnected from servers in dangerous places so many times i'm beginning to think there's someone watching me and doing it deliberately -.-

Never happened to me. Probably your system/connection.

I'll one-up you.

Fixed.

I will make it 30 seconds.

Also add like at last 2 minutes for connecting from lobby to game for protection against duplication.

Never happened to me. Probably your system/connection.

Lucky you.

Server crash/restart/battleye not responding/ping kick/game crash. Some are my fault, many are not ;)