rocket

Disconnecting to avoid death

I'm not' date=' I'm against it, there's a server admin in the server section saying that until Rocket tells him personally to stop, he's going to continue doing it. Despite Rocket already saying 'you may only ban someone for malicious talk or racism' he's decided it doesn't apply to him until Rocket speaks to him directly. Apparently he's above being addressed at the same time as everybody else.

If this is the case, I'm trying to get clarification.

[/quote']

Can you tell me what servers are affected, so I can avoid them? I dont feel like playing on servers with admins that enjoy abusing/griefing.

Can you tell me what servers are affected' date=' so I can avoid them? I dont feel like playing on servers with admins that enjoy abusing/griefing.

[/quote']

Nice. Now we're called griefers for banning griefers in an attempt to make the server a better place for everybody.

You do know that I do not ban players on ZA1 if I do not have conclusive proof that they DCed, right?

In my server's lifetime, I've only ever issued two bans for DCing, one of which was only a day ban.

Add 10-20secs (stay ingame after dc) please! to prevent abuse rather!

//offtopic

Don't forget the menstrual cycle for female avatars.

Like your losing X amount of blood during 2-7 days.

Melee attacks 1.5x damage, but with a huge loss of temper (should be added, we u get attacked you lose temper which makes you hit slightly harder but less precise).

Add choco bars and candy. This will treat the cycle temporary, but only as long as the bar/candy lasts to eat. Add Tampongs and purses. Painkillers for female av's and aspirin (the nagging) for the male.

Don't overlook this, like all zombie-games. We want realism.

I'm not' date=' I'm against it, there's a server admin in the server section saying that until Rocket tells him personally to stop, he's going to continue doing it. Despite Rocket already saying 'you may only ban someone for malicious talk or racism' he's decided it doesn't apply to him until Rocket speaks to him directly. Apparently he's above being addressed at the same time as everybody else.

If this is the case, I'm trying to get clarification.

[/quote']

Can you tell me what servers are affected, so I can avoid them? I dont feel like playing on servers with admins that enjoy abusing/griefing.

Still waiting on a time frame for this critical addition, PvP has become worthless unless you kill them in the first few seconds :-/ I was scoping down a couple of chaps in a field today, was long range with a medium scope (forget the name of the gun) got in a few good shots and I had them pinned down, until alt+f4, this 5 second thing doesn't seem to be working, needs 30 seconds imo.

Bumped into a guy in a forest yesterday, things got heated and I started shooting my AKM at him, I clipped him in the leg as he ran away and at least once more in the back, he dropped prone and I put more rounds into his body, I didn't see a "killed" message so I kept firing rounds into him then his body disappeared!

So if you disconnect your body is still there for 5 seconds but if you disconnected body dies it still disappears??

Oh Alt+F4 doesn't work anymore - at least not for me.

Bumped into a guy in a forest yesterday' date=' things got heated and I started shooting my AKM at him, I clipped him in the leg as he ran away and at least once more in the back, he dropped prone and I put more rounds into his body, I didn't see a "killed" message so I kept firing rounds into him then his body disappeared!

So if you disconnect your body is still there for 5 seconds but if you disconnected body dies it still disappears??[/quote']

yea had the exact same thing earlier tonight, we hit two dudes out in the open, one D/Ced after a few good hits, the other one died, but his body disappeared. Err, either way the threat has been neutralized, but i do like lootin bodies.

I have to say that encounters with DCers have decreased. More guys seem to man up.

I'm thinking that if someone DCs even after they die, the body disappears, I've seen the behavior happen a couple times now.

The 5 seconds is only useful in the situation where someone exits when they are in the open. No use if they run behind a wall and then DC, there is no way to close a gap and kill someone in 5 seconds, and that kind of DC is really still pretty cheap. I think there needs to be some heuristics involved in the DC behavior, possibly involving proximity to other players, proximity to structures, time since you last fired your gun, other bits of knowledge the server has. If it decides you are trying to escape a fight then it will keep your body on the server for 30 seconds AND put a big red arrow over you so anybody can immediately run to your position and kill you. This kind of relies on being able to tell the difference between deliberate DC and a connection error.

Add 10-20secs (stay ingame after dc) please! to prevent abuse rather!

//offtopic

Don't forget the menstrual cycle for female avatars.

Like your losing X amount of blood during 2-7 days.

Melee attacks 1.5x damage' date=' but with a huge loss of temper (should be added, we u get attacked you lose temper which makes you hit slightly harder but less precise).

Add choco bars and candy. This will treat the cycle temporary, but only as long as the bar/candy lasts to eat. Add Tampongs and purses. Painkillers for female av's and aspirin (the nagging) for the male.

Don't overlook this, like all zombie-games. We want realism.

[/quote']

holy shit i laughed so hard at this thank you.

Eh I was playing and ran into some guy, I kept killing him, and yet he just go to lobby and somehow spawn a few feet from his corpse with his kit.

Worst part is his body was still lootable. Even headshots didn't work. Eventually became a field of his bodies as he kept trying to reconnect and get the jump on me. Even worse he wasn't trying to be sneaky until maybe an hour into the fight.

He was full on sprinting trying to find me and unloading into me with his PDW before he'd log to the lobby and return a few moments later.

This needs to be fixed. Quickly considering even swift headshots wont bring these exploiters down anymore.

Out of curiosity, I heard people speaking about the 5 second D/C timer as if it were currently in effect, but I had heard that it was reverted previously. Is it currently in effect?

Out of curiosity' date=' I heard people speaking about the 5 second D/C timer as if it were currently in effect, but I had heard that it was reverted previously. Is it currently in effect?

[/quote']

Nope. Reverted.

Just let the player IG for 100s when disconecting like some other games do (ex : fonline mmorpg mod for fallout 2)

What if your net crashes FFS what if the sever DC's you for a lag spike????

Could rocket make it so that the logout timer doesn't occur when the player doesn't reconnect themselves (by clicking Disconnect or pressing Alt+F4)?

What if your net crashes FFS what if the sever DC's you for a lag spike????

Well' date=' that will have to be a risk of playing. There shouldn't be any kind of special treatment or double standard.

MMOs that require you to logoff with a timer work the same way, if your game crashes or internet drops out, you're still left in the game for whatever the cooldown timer is.

And those who keep saying 'Well, those are MMOs, this is an FPS' are completely missing the point : DayZ itself has MMO mechanics. It has persistent characters, persistent world (with each server essentially being separate instances), loot, mobs, etc. Just because it happens to be an FPS doesn't mean it's not essentially an MMO.

Could rocket make it so that the logout timer doesn't occur when the player doesn't reconnect themselves (by clicking Disconnect or pressing Alt+F4)?

I don't think there's any way the game will be able to differentiate between someone pressing ALT+F4 and their internet going down.

I don't think there's any way the game will be able to differentiate between someone pressing ALT+F4 and their internet going down.

Actually it's probably possible, when you hit alt-f4 you can see that the screen shows 'Shutdown...' (at least when you're stuck in an infinite loading).

It shouldn't be very hard to implement a system that checks if the person exited the game or if the client was disconnected because no more data was being sent.

If mIRC can separate the two, I'm thinking a modern game can too.

20 seconds forced sit down to quit time is my 2 cents.

The Sitting is if you encounter a player and have the drop on them you can tell them to drop gear that you want without killing them

Sitting is not a bad idea. My thought was just to have the player pass-out, like from massive blood loss then once he comes to it logs you out. That way you are still in game leaving no chance for duping.

keep the character logged affther disconect is unfair becouse i get disconect from most server becouse the Ping or battleeye error #16 maybe u can hit quit and a timer of 10 15 segs if u move the quit action is canceled

* Sparse Bears and Wolves in the woods that attack and can be killed for special meat that restores more then 800 blood would be swell.

* Add some sort of ghillie tarp to throw over and better hide parked vehicles.

* Some kind of quick wave emote or gun lowering mechanic to show (or trick) fellow survivors that you are friendly.

* C4 Make it rare enough and being killed by it will be an honor.

* Parachutes' date=' Reusable and slightly less rare then night vision goggles.

* Bicycles with space bar bunny hop functionality.

* Landmines make them as common as tin cans. No one will complain.

[/quote']

This:D

(But not Landmines and bicycles's bunny hop!)

Also no C4, useless. Tarp? Hide your car better or guard it. Parachute for what?

For bicycle air braking, I think. While hop with mines in your backpack. True hardcore.