rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

The skins spawn in residential buildings and at crash sites.

The spawn rates in residential buildings are 0.02 and 0.01.

The spawns at crash sites are 0.08 and 0.05.

Actually I don't think those are percentages.

Assuming that's for the skins: That is an EXTREMELY terrible idea to have them spawn that rarely. Jesus. Maybe when more are released there will be common ones which spawn more often >___>'

Thanks for the skin picture, doesn't even look bad. The glasses reminded me of Sarah Connor.

Eh... Skins shouldn't really be that of a low spawn' date=' jeez :/ Clothing is EVERYWHERE. Hoping they aren't as rare as NVGs either.

That said, as I mentioned previous, a screenshot of the female might be helpful for those who are considering changing y'know. Personally, I'm sticking with a male.

[/quote']

They should be rare considering they're military skins. You don't find ghillie suits everywhere.

Joined to a server, had to choose if I want to be female or male. Chose female, got "session lost".

Now I keep spawning as a male when joining servers. Damn.

:(

Gender problems (lol), email dayzdevteam with "SERVER GENDER SELECTION" in heading with your PlayerID. Limited time only, I haven't slept or eaten all weekend and I'll be going out to the supermarket in a few hours.

So I will follow a policy of shoot on sight of any female/male pretenders' date=' in addition to active reporting of any and all sexism I come across. Perhaps even reporting fakes, if such reports are accepted. I would very much like to see how a real male/female dynamic would work in a game like this, so I will fight for its legitimacy in whatever way I can.

[/quote']

There's no "way this game should be played", any attempt at enforcing such a thing is detrimental to the fun of all players playing in a different way than "that one official way".

Especially a "grand social experiment" where the interactions are limited to saluting and wiggling your gun around? That point could be valid if you could do other stuff (yes, BAD STUFF as well, but then again, who is to say you can't do these things to another male? Ever been in a prison? Me neither, haven't been in a zombie apocalypse either, but I'm pretty sure social relations are somewhat similar in both cases), but as it currently stand the point is moot.

Always played a female character in any and every game so far, but this kind of "awesome social experiment" sounds just as terrible as the "female raep olo" counterpart. Now just to protect myself against that kind of stupid whiteknighting I'll pick the male persona, lest I get shot in the back by a guy whom I have never done anything to "because I aint no real girl".

Please don't try to make people conform to a way of playing the game: if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that it's awesome because you can play it however the fuck you want. Thank you.

Rocket - need fix bug about place tent and spwn transport !!!!

Really, crucial question here Rocket.

Do they bounce?

I feel that this question needs to be answered so that I don't make a mistake later.

Is it really only once per cd key or is it once per player profile?

the fps lag is back again i think.

but the changes are awesome. :)

i wonder how many guys now pretend that they're a girl. ^^

Really' date=' crucial question here Rocket.

Do they bounce?

I feel that this question needs to be answered so that I don't make a mistake later.

[/quote']

Judging from what I've seen of Arma 2's physics, you don't want them to bounce. They'd probably smack you in the face and just about everywhere else, break every bone in your body and make you erupt into into a blood fountain.

Trust me, it's for your own good.

impressive and awome to see quality work like that and go into more sandboxies stuffs.Keep up the good work !!(i hope people skins will be lootable one day tough :p)

Is it possible to collect firewood from the piles of firewood? There are a lot of those at the houses out at the countryside. I consider it as a logical possibility.

I hate to ask this, but I feel it must be addressed. Do the male/female chars have the same size hit boxes?

That was FAST! I guess we did a good job with Lady Lightfoot, then! Thanks for the update, Rocket.

FPS lag is back -_- Getting 9FPS instead of 35 as usual

It's because of all the new 'Geometry'.

Rocket - need fix bug about place tent and spwn transport !!!!

I was going to use this post for more horrible puns, but I'll abstain. :P

Joined the game and my character's temperature is 42C now. Practically' date=' his brain is melting now :D

[/quote']

Thats an effect of the change from Percent to absolut Values and should only happen ones.

Additional all Temperatures over 36 will raise your thirst. Similar all Temperatures under 36 will reduce your thirst, but this effect is much smaller.

Are skins only available from shops and other players? Are any zombie outfits lootable?

Is there more foreseeable issues with females wearing outfits than males at this stage?

In regards to gender change.

I think that since this mod is heavily entrenched in realism and emergent gameplay, we should allow gender change at any time. However; I believe we should also include the following stipulations.

1) The transitional survivor must regularly scavenge the hospital for the item "Hormone replacement chemicals".

2) During the "pre-op" stage of transition, the patient must change his player skin to the He/She model. (We may need to create a special skin for this; I'm thinking model would have maybe both a beard and long female-like hair)

3) At some point they must use combat knife/hacket to remove genitalia. This part of the process will cause severe blood-loss and potentially infection. At this point the player scream sounds and other noises will sound more shrill and ghostly. I will offer my own voice-talent in producing these audio recordings for use, I'll be going for a "Buffalo Bill" sorta thing.

4) Entire process of transitioning will take approximately 6 months real time.

Let me know if you wanna take this mod to the next level, Rocket.