rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

Is the intention of the permanent female/male skin choice to convince players to choose according to their actual sex?

EDIT: If so, would you accept reports of players choosing incorrectly and forcing a change on confirmation? I would be interested to see the dynamics of a "legitimate" sex added to the game, but unfortunately I already have friends planning on undermining it as soon as they play again.

I think I'm gonna kill any females that sound like a bloke when i ask them over direct comms whether they are friendly or not. Don't need women that sound like blokes in the new world. :)

The best LOL i've had all week.

+1 Rep

yes its a social experiment, if your not being yourself your failing the experiment. We bring the social elements to this sandbox.

Edit: Do weapons resize to stay in proportion the body?

What?

But yes overall weapons handling needs some 'love'. Especially of handguns.

Holstering, lowering, "ready" position, hip-shooting etc etc..

Is the intention of the permanent female/male skin choice to convince players to choose the sex that reflects their actual sex?

Judging by the kind of behaviour some people here show around females, this might actually be a very bad idea. I fear it might enforce sexism.

yes its a social experiment' date=' if your not being yourself your failing the experiment. We bring the social elements to this sandbox.

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure nobody is being themselves since there's no consequence for dieing. If every time you died you could feel your flesh being ripped apart then I'm sure everyone would kill themselves in game rather than play.

yes its a social experiment' date=' if your not being yourself your failing the experiment. We bring the social elements to this sandbox.

[/quote']

I guess I failed. I look at it in two ways, 1. I have played hundreds of hours of Arma as a male, a change would be nice. 2. It may have some advantages in gameplay depending on how deep the changes are. Fuck if I care whether or not my in game character reflects the real me.

Edit: Do weapons resize to stay in proportion the body?

What?

What I mean is if the weapon resizes to fit the presumably smaller frame of the female model. My guy in game atm has a DMR, on a smaller frame the weapon would probable clip into the model, model clipping looks shit.

Finally no more bandit skin! I praise this mainly because it registered self defence kills as murders with -humanity which lead to unwanted bandit skins and meta gaming. Praise the Rocket!

Is the intention of the permanent female/male skin choice to convince players to choose according to their actual sex?

It's to enforce hard decisions.

Who knows really... Deans mind is something else...

Don't matter what you do.. people will always find a way to be a jackass with something. You learn to ignore those people and move on.

I for one think its great that their is a choice to be a woman and never change back. This makes you really think about your choice wisely to be what gender in a game like this.

Is the intention of the permanent female/male skin choice to convince players to choose the sex that reflects their actual sex?

Judging by the kind of behavior some people here show around females' date=' this might actually be a very bad idea. I fear it might enforce sexism.

[/quote']

Then we, as the community, simply start banning left and right for it. Sexism is no different than racism when you get down to it: Making fun of someone different.

Rocket, I'd give you a standing ovation, but this is a forum and all...doing awesome work.

I just put on some "camo clothes" i found in a shop.

The game poured water on me and I began swimming in the shop, then all my shit got chucked around :<

I'm not too sure on the Bandit skin going, where as before it was a deterrent from shooting who ever you wanted, now that it's gone no one is gonna mind aimlessly blowing someone away because there really are no repercussions ie skin change.

Still a great update, cheers Rocket!!

I just put on some "camo clothes" i found in a shop.

The game poured water on me and I began swimming in the shop' date=' then all my shit got chucked around :<

[/quote']

This made me think of that old NES game "Spy vs. Spy" where you can set acid traps on doors via bucket on top and kill players when they walked in.

Spy vs. Spy made full use of screen watching by making it part of the game, loved it as a kid.

I think I can figure out how to enjoy the game without buying into Rocket's philosophy of what all this is supposed to mean. Girl skin for me, no matter what the mirror says.

This update will give the /v/irgins a lot more wood.

Because of the new hatchets?

Joined the game and my character's temperature is 42C now. Practically, his brain is melting now :D

Just need direct chat fixed and global removed.

How long has the Arma 2 beta patch been in beta?

This update will give the /v/irgins a lot more wood.

Because of the new hatchets?

Definitely. I read that you need to put that hatchet together. You need to find the two pieces, you then connect the head to the shaft and you'll get your wood.

I think I can figure out how to enjoy the game without buying into Rocket's philosophy of what all this is supposed to mean. Girl skin for me' date=' no matter what the mirror says.

[/quote']

You go girl! Enjoy yourself!