rocket

DayZ Build 1.6.0 Rolling Update

I heard that if you choose a female player' date=' you can't use any of the new skins. My friend said that he couldn't put on a ghillie suit because of his player model.

Will this be fixed soon?

[/quote']

I think something in me just broke.

Thanks rocket once again for all your hard work. I appreciate the effort you put in this game.

Update to Version 1.6.0.1 -.-

My idea: Maybe you should test your new versions intern, before you release it public.

I'm self a software developer and good testing & debugging is important.

Update to Version 1.6.0.1 -.-

My idea: Maybe you should test your new versions intern' date=' before you release it public.

I'm self a software developer and good testing & debugging is important.

[/quote']

Yeah, like say, some sort of alpha testing. Oh wait...

The new version was tested internally for about 8 hours (we tested instead of sleeping).

However, the issue was associated with a server full of fifty people x 300 servers. We can't test that kind of capacity. Some code issues only appear under load, hence why this is an open alpha. Things run very well when connected with three or four people.

Indeed, I actually run a public test for a while with this update, but all people did was try to connect with the old patch, and then ignore my requests for assistance and just spam the chat with complaints about why the server was runing 1.6.0.1 and not 1.6.0.

• Like 1

@rocked

pre 1.6 i had 40 solid fps,

at 1.6 dropped to 10

at 1.6.0.1 at 15...

i got a q600 @3ghz and 4gb of ddr3 at 667, my gpu is brand new.

is there still an performance problem or this is considered fixed?

i can oc my q6600 to 3.4 just to check if ti changes, bu tit seems not related to my hardware or video settings

The new version was tested internally for about 8 hours (we tested instead of sleeping).

However' date=' the issue was associated with a server full of fifty people x 300 servers. We can't test that kind of capacity. Some code issues only appear under load, hence why this is an open alpha. Things run very well when connected with three or four people.

Indeed, I actually run a public test for a while with this update, but all people did was try to connect with the old patch, and then ignore my requests for assistance and just spam the chat with complaints about why the server was runing 1.6.0.1 and not 1.6.0.

[/quote']

Perhaps it's time to put together a dedicated testing crew?

However' date=' the issue was associated with a server full of fifty people x 300 servers. We can't test that kind of capacity. Some code issues only appear under load, hence why this is an open alpha. Things run very well when connected with three or four people.

[/quote']

People suck.

Oh, hey - is anybody else having frame rate issues like before the last hotfix? My computer is pretty good; usually I can manage a solid 60 FPS in DayZ, but it seems to be reverting back to the 20-30 FPS (which seems unchanged by altering your visual settings) that I had before last Wednesday's hotfix. Seems a lot of people in the server I was in earlier had the same issue.

The temperature seems to not decrease when it's raining during daylight for me. Has anyone had their temp drop when it's raining?

Oh, hey - is anybody else having frame rate issues like before the last hotfix? My computer is pretty good; usually I can manage a solid 60 FPS in DayZ, but it seems to be reverting back to the 20-30 FPS (which seems unchanged by altering your visual settings) that I had before last Wednesday's hotfix. Seems a lot of people in the server I was in earlier had the same issue.

read above, same issue

fail quote

Rocket !

I don't know you will read this or not , can you make loot arrows from body by standart right click . Its too hard search them in body , they dissapear in textures and underground .

I'm conflicted. I want to play as a female to have a massive advantage, but they're so ugly. Just get rid of them, please. The game is fine with male characters only.

I'm conflicted. I want to play as a female to have a massive advantage' date=' but they're so ugly. Just get rid of them, please. The game is fine with male characters only.

[/quote']

The female characters we're added for female players to use, not to be sexy for guys to play....?

There does appear to be a significant number of FPS issues reported. My guess is these probably relate to the anti-hacking measures that were extended with the last update. I'll look into some optimization ASAP.

[/quote']

Perhaps it's time to put together a dedicated testing crew?

^

There does appear to be a significant number of FPS issues reported. My guess is these probably relate to the anti-hacking measures that were extended with the last update. I'll look into some optimization ASAP.

Thanks Rocket, on another note would it be possible to get the tent placement sorted?

Cheers either way.

I picked female and I've reverted back to the male skin. Are we going to have a chance to pick again, due to the fact that this is a bug?

I might be missing something in this forum which I'm very new to, but I think a lot of people are having trouble finding the hot fix files themselves, including myself. I've been checking the Index for anything looking like 1.6.0.1 but I've failed to find it. Can anyone address this?

Edit: I've solved it. Eureka... So I see the problem is that the 1.6.0.1 files haven't been uploaded to the USA mirror i guess? I had to go to the SWE mirror to find the latest version. Repeat, To patch your Dayz with the 1.6.0.1 hotfix, go to the SWE mirror and get the torrent. Making this clear cause I had a load of trouble figuring it out.

i found a crashed heli after this patch. it appears that the patch made the situation worse.

There are now 6-7 zombies near the heli (which is a good thing), but now the heli miniguns is NOT enterable anymore. Also, no uber-loot.

I'm conflicted. I want to play as a female to have a massive advantage' date=' but they're so ugly. Just get rid of them, please. The game is fine with male characters only.

[/quote']

Guess you're joking. Yes? No? :huh:

Gender selection is problematic at the moment, I'll look at a solution soon :) Mostly it is relating to the server not having a chance to save, well, bugger all because of the load it is under. Sorry about that, but going to take a few days to unravel.

Just need to wait until the shakes disappear from watching the most powerful server I've controlled in my life be bought to its knees and slaughtered by you folks :)

i found a crashed heli after this patch. it appears that the patch made the situation worse.

There are now 6-7 zombies near the heli (which is a good thing)' date=' but now the heli miniguns is NOT enterable anymore. Also, no uber-loot.

[/quote']

yes two of my friends that found one reported the same thing, also after that we hit an airport and it was the same loot that we had not picked up from an hour before and some dead guys body was still there. Odd.