Sign in to follow this  
sublbc

Not about survival anymore..

Hello my fellow survivors.

As of now, my whole clan has left dayz. Not because of the fact that its a survival game, and its not because we don't like it, but because it has changed from a survival game, to a first person shooter.

A simple way of describing this would be to explain the process most people go trough when playing DayZ:

When you spawn on the beach, you need to get out of there. You need to find food etc.

When you have found food, water etc. Its all about getting the best guns, and start to shoot some random people, and thats basically what people do.

I'm not a troll or anything, I'm a serious player. I am also a friendly player, and I like team play. Thats why my clan got the game.

Anyway, there is always a sniper in the woods looking to shoot random people for hours on out. Even on servers without that many players, and if you are trying to snipe the people that tried to kill you. They will disconnect if you don't get em first shot.

The game is no longer fun, this is why we are all leaving until we at least get to have a private server where we can choose to password/whitelist it and play without the public finding a need to come and shoot people going trough Elektro, airfield or just walking around minding their own business. But it should still be connected to DayZ database, so that people spawn with their items etc.

Now, the important part. What could be done to solve this.

1. way would be to make it so that items a player have on one server STAYS there, I hate people spawning behind me when we are in airfield or in our camp.

2. another way could be that when a player try to disconnect and there has been shots fired within a area of the player, they would have to wait 30sec to 3 min without moving, kinda like WoW if you have just been in a battle, you can't dc before your char calms down, and if you want to take it another level make it so that even if zombies were around them and they try to DC there would be also be a timer, many leaves the server if they are attacked, then rejoin and spawn exact same place. But with no zombies.

3. Would be that you create spawns, and when a player spawn there would be like some kind of spawn protection, and from there you move out.

(I personally like number 2.)

Heres how the constant killing could be stopped:

Lower the power of guns, make it so that a head shot is 1 shot one kill, but if you get hit like in the arm, you cant use your primary (NOTE: You will keep it, just unable to fire since you cant lift it. Tho enable hand guns since they are used with one hand.) and you would need to take morphine, and pain pills to fix it. If you get hit in the legs, you should break a bone, and you wouldn't be able to walk, and to fix it you would need pain pills and morphine. Then divide the body up in sections, like if hit in the heart you will die one shot, if in the liver you would bleed to death faster etc.

Thats some of the suggestions I have, I dint place this in the suggestion forum. Because its more of a general/suggestion thing.

Some of my suggestions might seem as bullshit to you, feel free to comment but please try to define your hate in a way that people don't feel like kicking you in the face..

Also, sorry for any possible misspellings, English is my second language..

It was always a first person shooter. You just chose to ignore it.

If you don't want open world ffa PvP then this game is not for you. Do not expect it to change into a PvE-oriented game, much less a PvE-dominated game.

• Like 2

So you're saying it isn't a survival game because you have to try and survive players killing you?

I'm pretty sure even Rocket himself said that players are meant to be the biggest threat. Once you get used to the zombies and good at getting around them, they become more of a minor annoyance than anything else.

But it's the fear of being shot, even in the middle of the woods, that really adds the tension to the game.

Edited by Professional N00b

I'd say the hackers are a contributing factor to the increased PvP. What point is there in aiming for any long term goal when you can be randomly killed at any moment, through no fault of your own? Better to just pickup the first weapon you come across and head to Cherno or Elektro for some combat.

• Like 2

Sir, this is not a game. It's a usermade custom mod. Game is not even released. It's coming soon by the end of the year or earlier.

Please return. This was a test before the game. All the most interesting is ahead ;)

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 3

Exactly what Caz said. It's all about survival. You survive the lands and other groups of people. Everyone is fighting for the same thing....resources.

The one with the most resources, wins.

Yes, you have those people that sit on the hill and snipe fresh spawns. They make this game "Elite Sniper 1.0"

This is a sandbox game. You make your own fun in the sandbox. You want to bring in matchbox cars and play in the sand? Fine. Just make sure you take it with you or hide them well or the others will steal them. You want to just bring your pail and shovel and make sand castles? Fine, but don't expect them to be there after you leave. This game is exactly like it was when you were a kid and played in a public sandbox.

Sorry you're not having fun, but perhaps the game just wasn't your cup of tea.

• Like 1

The logoff master snipers are pretty frustrating indeed. Earlier today a friend was running to me so I can give him a spare gun from my bag. Someone starts shooting him with M14 or DMR judging by the sound and keeps missing. The shooter happens to be between me and him so I run to him. As my first AKM round hits the shooter (he starts bleeding so I know it hit) he logs off. I thought my second shot just put him unconcious but he was just plain gone.

Then we proceed after the sound of an AS50 we hear. After a few minutes we manage to spot the ghillied sniper and we both open burst fire from 50 meters or so. He dies - my friend gets a murder - but the corpse dissapears instantly thanks to log off.

Logging off to avoid death is just total bullshit. At least some random bus driver a) dared to drive a bus B) didn't log out when I jumped out of building and shot him to the cockpit didn't log off so we finally got my friend a sniper rifle again.

Oh well, I understand why the anti-materiel rifles are so popular. No logging off from one shot kills.

It was never about survival...

QGREy.gif

It was always a first person shooter. You just chose to ignore it.

If you don't want open world ffa PvP then this game is not for you. Do not expect it to change into a PvE-oriented game, much less a PvE-dominated game.

this +beans for this guy right here and to the OP-

no wimps, no whiners, you get sniped, play better.

quitter

It isn't about survival.... but that has nothing to do with anything the OP said. Players may as well run around like loonies because DayZ is infested with cheaters. If a cheater doesn't nuke the server or teleport you to the moon or make themselves' invulnerable you have the dupers with infinite high end gear claiming that they're duping to protect themselves from the 'real cheaters'.

Also the OP is not a serious player like he says he is. People play the game in different ways, and just because someone decides to shoot first and ask questions later doesn't make them wrong. You thinking that they're wrong makes YOU wrong. If you don't like players shooting at you stay away from areas where it is likely to happen, it's that simple.

This video is eye opening.I was not around when it was this hard to play Dayz.I arrived when the dumbing down began so this video was crazy to watch.

• Like 1

I agree with the hackers statement . hackers ruined this for me but the pvp aspect is great i think the op is upset for the wrong reasons , and i think its obvious its a fps imean you run around in FP most of the time shooting at stuff.... that pretty much sums up all games of this type and puts them in the FPS category sans the minor details.. the differences make this game so much fun i mean look over 1 million players , i remember when this mod first came out its come along way but in the end hackers " angry children " are the reason this is no fun, not the game dynamics. I like the spawn out timer idea and have said since the start they should have a 2 mins spawn out timer to prevent droping out however alf f4 has saved me from hackers so ... in evil lies some good i guess.

Well, one thing about survival once you get your shit squared is that it's boring. Remember how dude's wife just ended up killing herself in The Road? She was depressed because the endgame was boring, and she had no hope that god or whatever would patch the world.

If you're not down to become a bandit pretty much all you can do is eat, drink, kill zombies, and maybe hunt for a chopper. Still, even with all of Blizzard's resources and experience WoW's endgame gets very stale quickly.

Used to mean that "endgame" meant end of game, as in turn it off because we have no more content for you. Somehow along the way that got twisted into "eternal fun and excitement". In persistent MMOs you're going to reach a point where your objectives are complete and then you are just still there.

Even one of the greatest games in history, X-COM, sucked at the end. Who actually had trouble dealing with the final Mars mission?

I think that while fun as hell, the alpha highlighted the concept's limitations, which seem to be in the process of being addressed in the stand-alone. So take a break if you need to, but if/when you pick it up again, I wouldn't expect it to keep you entertained in perpetuity.

Edited by Blomquist23
  • Like 2

It was never about survival...

Not with our current player group.

You can make this game into third person shooter with a single key press. Just saying.

Well, I kinda like to go first person, since I'm not a pussy. Try some expert settings noobulator.

Sir, this is not a game. It's a usermade custom mod. Game is not even released. It's coming soon by the end of the year or earlier.

Please return. This was a test before the game. All the most interesting is ahead ;)

So a mod, whatever....

I'd say the hackers are a contributing factor to the increased PvP. What point is there in aiming for any long term goal when you can be randomly killed at any moment, through no fault of your own? Better to just pickup the first weapon you come across and head to Cherno or Elektro for some combat.

I normally pick up what ever weapon i come across until i find an upgrade, and ive never met actual hackers. Well, then again i have seen one of them unlimited gun box things. It was filled, but a guy was sniping over it.

Dealing with others is a part of survival.

Well, dealing with others is easy, but dealing with people in the forest camping the beach all day is kinda hard when you have no weapon, no food and no 200 dollars.

My point is, the whole survival thing is simply not taken being taken serious, its all about. Get a gun, kill people. If you are unlucky you die if you dont reach the abort button. Otherwise you just another sniper and start over.

Anyway, thats not the point. My point is mostly the Disconnectors aswell as the way being hit by most guns is one shot one kill no matter where it hit.

this +beans for this guy right here and to the OP-

no wimps, no whiners, you get sniped, play better.

quitter

More of a conclusion that actual whine, reading the full thread will lead you to a good suggestion of a solution to this.

This movie pretty much explains what im saying lol...

Edited by sublbc
  • Like 1

lol to the people that get made and say it isnt a survival..they should really re-read the front page of dayz again.....and maybe re-download this game? maybe their just retarded? this game is supposed to be about survival. And for those of you say its just a sand box, get used to it...well then i guess my group will have to come find you with our heli and jump out with 8 guys with fully automatics and kill you ;) only problem with this is last time we did this they guy we shot alt+f4 before he died with his buddies...so ya, most of the true "pros" on here are really just pussies that talk out their asses and run when they get shot.

• Like 1

Surviving is part of running into bandits who try to kill you, some do it for your supplys, others do it just to kill you. Having players try to kill you makes the gameplay more realistic and exciting in my opinion. Then there are players who are friendly and may team up with you. When I get DayZ working again I will kill people who either don't respond to me, or are hostile. When Players only have an axe or I'll try to team up with them, knowing they're not a big threat (assuming I have a gun or axe aswell). But yea, having people try to shoot you is why DayZ is so awesome, and makes me feel like i'm really in a zombie apocalypse.

I would love to see you play the game without the danger of a sniper killing you or other survivors hunting you down. Thats what makes the game fun, you could easily get a hunting knife/hatchet/matches and a water bottle and sit in the middle of knowwhere and survive forever but whats the fun in that?

Would be cool if once you have like 15 days survived you could log in either as a zombie or your character. As a survivor I don't want to go psycho and start shooting other players like me left and right, but I'd love to chase them down and eat their throats outta their necks.

This video is eye opening.I was not around when it was this hard to play Dayz.I arrived when the dumbing down began so this video was crazy to watch.

I wish people were like that now-a-dayz.

Would be cool if once you have like 15 days survived you could log in either as a zombie or your character. As a survivor I don't want to go psycho and start shooting other players like me left and right, but I'd love to chase them down and eat their throats outta their necks.

Would really be fun, if you after a while of playing. You would be able to choose to spawn as your ordinary player with your old gear etc, or as a zombie haha. Then you should spawn in places where they spawn now, and then you should only be able to go like 800 meters from the center of the city maybe.