Gert-Jan

i'm new and i get killed by everyone, even when i say FRIENDLY PLAYER in the chat screen.

Respect for you has instantly down graded its a fucking game its not suppose to be 100% on realistic. and for the killing get the fuck over it or get the fuck off the game.

Likewise Bigwainer for being such a knob, he's entitled to his opinion even if you don't share it. Be nice or just do one eh! ;)

Back on topic, it is frustrating OP but some of what feels terrible for you now is actually what makes the game so tense. There are nice folk out there, just not very many and some you meet won't trust you. That's just the harsh reality of DayZ.

I just love it.... :)

"Respect for you has instantly down graded its a fucking game its not suppose to be 100% on realistic."

it's not? searching for food and canteens? breaking legs? losing blood? blood transfusions? needing to use bandages and painkillers?

a MOD made by using a military SIMULATION game?

appart from the clunky movement system and the little things i find weird (not able to drink from fresh water pools etc)

hmmm okay, no it's not THAT realistic AT ALL!

you know what i hate more than people who shoot on sight. Complaining Babies

solution: don't ever produce any.....

are you gonna react to everyone who's fed up with the downside of this mod????

is this something u didn't notice before on the forum? a lot of posts with crying baby's like me...

still... u seem to care for crying babies.

i 'hate" the people who just react without adding something usefull or understanding the complaints.

• Like 1

i 'hate" the people who just react without adding something usefull or understanding the complaints.

They are called fanboys. If you point out a bug you will get flamed for it from the fanboys.

The only thing worse than a troll is a fanboy.

thanks Scav!

"how to become a killing machine"lol.

The above clip says a compass is not necessary if playing alone, but I think it is - I believe it marks your position on the map if you have one.

I play alone and chose to evade players if I can rather than shoot on sight as I don't see players as enemies, but other survivors who may or may not be friendly. I have ghillie suit, M16 etc but have not murdered anyone yet and have 4550 humanity after a week of playing and a few deaths (in the first few days).

I think the key to getting started quick is to hit Cherno/Elektro/deerstands/south airfield quickly while you have nothing to lose and then move inland. Playing on a low pop server is easier as most players who want pvp head to high pop ones. Find a supermarket and stock up on food and drink until you can be self sufficient.

For me, this is not a pvp game - its a survival simulator.

Ever since 1.7.2.5 and the return of bandit skins, I don't see survivors attacking each other all that much. If you see a dude with a face rap, he will probably try to kill you and you have free license to kill him first.

To the OP:

Atleast a bandit killed I've spent a while getting my Hero Costume and when I got it I saw a fellow Hero and said "Hi! Don't shoot i'm hero too!" and then he shot me after about 20 seconds of looking at me

Yeah, this game is great for people who don't have a life. I mean I like difficult and realistic games, but if you search for equipment for two hours and then get killed by some sniper you cannot possibly have noticed it just feels you wasted another 2 hours of your valuable free time. I haven't met one single armed friendly human player so far, is this supposed to be fun? Sure, awesome atmosphere, but I need a bit more in a game.

if you have beans im coming for you.

trade for some Haribo candy? :P

trade for some Haribo candy? :P

rocket needs to introduce this into the game, but then again in can imagine people finding a van and offering them to people to get into there van. i can imagine this because i allready do it with beans :3

had a good 3 hours play.

result:

Army outfit.

crosbow

makarov

watch

compass

map

binoculars

army drinking bottle (2x, full)

Evaded some idiot in the East of Elektro who kept firing at someone/zombies. no reaction to Direct Com's, but sitting real close to me (showed on map. ???)

recruit server with only 1 player when joining. 12 when i logged out.

hoping gear still in my pack after i disconnected.

rocket needs to introduce this into the game, but then again in can imagine people finding a van and offering them to people to get into there van. i can imagine this because i allready do it with beans :3

VAN? vw transporter with an icecream sign? :P

News just in. A bean vendor was found dead in van in never never land last week.

Apparently some bandit took offence at being asked if he was hungry.

The locals have been put off their beans and pasta.. well off food in general actually.

Other news of interest

Vegetarianism on the rise in Chernarus.

Deforestation. Is it really an issue?

Rabbit and other mammal populations out of control.

Man killed for grass clippings.

o and played at hacked server.

spawned at night, turned to day in 1 second.

got killed, respawned on side of mountain and suddenly fel down and died.

This game is FUCK*** confusion :D you cant reall tell who is enemy(i never met a hero....only me :D-iam a hero) but i meet badnit...who gave me ATV?!?

someone is good even he wears balaclava(bandit mask)

If you met me i will not kill you(100%) even if you are bandit. Iam a hero(skin) just helping and killing Z(with makarov i do not have a primary weapon-more slots for meds) :)

Last time I let an unarmed guy come close to me, he pulled my M4A1 CCO SD out of my backpack and shot me with it. Pulled it out from a bigger distance than I thought possible. So I killed him and the other guy who snuck up on me with my AS 50... While I was somehow on -32k blood and still alive. While I never shoot unarmed players, I let them know to stay the fuck away from me if they know what's good for them.

On a sidenote, please stop spewing nonsense about how it would be the same if real zombie apocalypse would occur. In real situation like this you wouldn't have metagaming, altF4ing, server hopping, lack of consequences for your actions and unlimited respawns for both you and your victims. Think once in a while and stop repeating random bullshit that some random keyboard warrior pulled out of his ass. This is just DayZ community being as bad as it can get thanks to safety of their anonymity and things I've mentioned above.

OP: don''t lose heart - this game is very unforgiving and filled with people who like to stretch their penis by killing newbies just for the hell of it. These people are douchebags and unfortunately cannot be cured, so my suggestion to you is to stay away from the big cities until you are truly ready to face them. My sincere hope is that some of these guys will eventually grow tired of the PvP and leave or start doing something more creative (usually it's hacking, though), but let's see.

There are a lot of friendly groups in the game too (we're still in the minority though) made from players who've found out that there's is more depth to this game than the endless Cherno deathmatch (which in itself is pretty exhilarating, don't get me wrong). All I can say to you is that if you're not the one to fire first, you have a better chance of finding friendly players in this game. It's not the easiest way to play this game, but it works for me and about 120 of my clan members.

Stay safe,

-O

You can adapt, there's a ton of great videos on youtube and some good threads on this forum to help you survive longer. Also, the forum is a great place to try and find some reliable people to play with so you can give that a try too, someone to show you the ropes is even better then watching/reading about it. But you are never going to get rid of the pvp, and its not likely well see an end to KOS.

Edited by Chuckles