Gert-Jan

i'm new and i get killed by everyone, even when i say FRIENDLY PLAYER in the chat screen.

gotta start over again.

got stuck in loading screen. alt,ctr,del my way out.

joined another server, got killed at spawn (in Wilderniss wtf?? there's nothing there!)

there where other body's (standing up or dead)

MY FCKN GEAR IS EMPTY!!! there is nothing in it!! No backpack either..??

weird: my military clothes are still there/my skin.

now i spawned at coast, with literaly NOTHING!

managed to evade some zombies trough the dark to the forest (rushed, no planning, fed up with empty gear)

found some stuff but now i stil do not have:

backpack

basic starting gear

NOTHING!

wtf???

Log out/log back in, see if you have gear again. If not, keep on chugging, you'll either find a new bag or die trying (and then should respawn with it)

So today, AGAIN, i played for a few hours now, walking for miles looking for those Deer Stands because they should have usefull stuf, IF i EVEN find one it's empty, i explore more using one of those maps on the net.

then suddenly i get shot EVERY fckn time!

are there even any servers who punish players who just kill on site and from distance with sniper rifles and ghilly suits?

servers that encourage survival and friendly playing???

the mod is great to some point, and then i get killed without warning or in a weird way (bug/hackers?)

hours of exploring gone to waste, i never found a gun sofar wtf?

if this mod is going stand alone, are these issues going to be balanced?

a NEWBIE from holland,

looking for friends/explorers to play with.

hating the 'kill on site without questions" players. (making me hate the mod every time i have to start over, for hours AGAIN)

Use direct chat it works!

Kill me honest, I dont mind. My bad for not maintaining SA. Its all the fucking cheaters that I cant take.It's no fun to gear up, get out of town and bed down in the middle of the forest to go take care of RealLife for a while. I come back planning a nice meal of BBQ pork and a tasty pepsi by my campfire. Log in to the server which says its the middle of the afternoon but it's actually midnight and 10 seconds later an invisible SUV shows up and I fall over dead. How is that fun for either player?!?

Is there some way the servers spoof the time? I check before entering and it says 1430 but when the game loads it's actually the middle of the night.

edited for spelling

Edited by Octarine

On a sidenote, please stop spewing nonsense about how it would be the same if real zombie apocalypse would occur. In real situation like this you wouldn't have metagaming, altF4ing, server hopping, lack of consequences for your actions and unlimited respawns for both you and your victims. Think once in a while and stop repeating random bullshit that some random keyboard warrior pulled out of his ass. This is just DayZ community being as bad as it can get thanks to safety of their anonymity and things I've mentioned above.

THIS. Thank you. It's a total race to the bottom, and is not indicative of "real life". Killing someone in real life is so visceral that the military actually has to psychologically train people to do it, outside of the mechanics of pointing a gun. (This is a huge part of military training). DayZ also bypasses the feelings of guilt and depression, and there's no breeding, family ties, or anything of that nature.

IMHO, The worst is that you don't have to sleep in Day Z. Sleep and agriculture ( in particular cattle ), and are pretty much what settled civilization. You gotta make arrangements with people to watch you and your cattle while you rest, and those arrangements have to be upheld via honor or well, you all get ragged tired fast / stabbed in the back / no one wants to watch your cattle and you lose your women.

Also, keep in mind that there aren't enough things in Day Z to prevent lethal combat yet. The addition, for instance, of tasers, tear gas, pepper spray, handcuffs, restraints, rope, etc would all promote non violent... and probably some violent... interaction. It's a lot easier to have a civil conversation with somebody you've never met before if they are unable to reach for their revolver.

pvp is a part of the game but i agree that shooting from far with out warning is really unfair..i also hate these snipers who mostly are 12 yr olds with a sniper gun u there A$$.... >:(

pvp is gun fight face to face innit??!!

not 2 miles away!!

Why are you all trying to help this guy (the OP)? His attitude stinks and he is giving the dutch a bad name. He probably doesn't even smoke weed.

• Like 1

OP is pretty on target with his complaint. Maxim hit it pretty well up above. Fools hiding in internet world can act as poorly as they want, I dont go play hoops with any random a-holes and i prefer not to in cyber world. People who want to live in deathmatch world should have their place and those of a more...civilised?,... temperment should have one as well. That is my wish for the standalone game. That and not getting teleported into the sky for a freefall death.

I used to be friendly to everyone I met. Call friendly out. Dead 5 seconds later. Now I shoot first and don't bother asking questions. Had someone kill me yesterday after saying he was a friendly. Just the way it goes now, find yourself a gun and pew pew anyone you see. The annomity of the intwrnwt turns people into asshats so kill em all and take their bea9ns.

I used to be friendly to everyone I met. Call friendly out. Dead 5 seconds later. Now I shoot first and don't bother asking questions. Had someone kill me yesterday after saying he was a friendly. Just the way it goes now, find yourself a gun and pew pew anyone you see. The annomity of the intwrnwt turns people into asshats so kill em all and take their bea9ns.

Yeah, but that "reality" is reinforced by this "this is what would happen in a post apocalyptic world" garbage thats been passed around like a old football in these forums. It pretty much explains why it wasn't that bad at first, but is now. That and all the press coverage of the game have pretty much convinced people its Mad Max + Bloodsport.

Justice and all those "high minded values" only exist in so much as people are willing to uphold them. You convince people that they don't exist, and they don't. People believe in them, and they do. Just like motherfucking Tinkerbell.

Me? I patrol cities with my AS 50, taking people out in snipers nests. I don't loot em. Just take em out. Good practice from 1200m+. I don't shoot anyone that doesn't look like they are looking to shoot anyone, and generally speaking I stay away from everyone else. As many posters have mentioned, its real hard hitting a running target. Real easy to shoot one sniping everyone else , once you find them.

I learned as well as you did that saying "friendly" meant I would get shot. But there have been tons of people I've snuck up on and let go. Even people in bandit skins. Although, if you have a weapon drawn and you turn around... yeah. I've pegged one or two guys who did that. As a hint, if you do turn around and see someone behind you, don't actually physically turn around; keep moving. Move to run if you can. They've already got the advantage.

Just doing my part.

Edited by jacksonmills
  • Like 1

I snuck up on a guy in a guille suit and sniper looting the nw airfield. Called out to him saying it was his lucky day I was friendly ( had a machine gun with 100 rounds pointed at him ) and all I wanted was some ammo and he could have the rest. I let him go and went on my merry way. I sneak up on him maybe an hour later doing the same thing. He told me thanks for not shooting him earlier. Got a bullet in my back when i left him this time. Really dude. Really? Now I'm not mr. Nice anymore.

I snuck up on a guy in a guille suit and sniper looting the nw airfield. Called out to him saying it was his lucky day I was friendly ( had a machine gun with 100 rounds pointed at him ) and all I wanted was some ammo and he could have the rest. I let him go and went on my merry way. I sneak up on him maybe an hour later doing the same thing. He told me thanks for not shooting him earlier. Got a bullet in my back when i left him this time. Really dude. Really? Now I'm not mr. Nice anymore.

You made a series of mistakes.

1) You made contact. Don't do that unless you absolutely have to. I.e. you are dying, the person you have found is, or if there is already a fair amount of gunfire, and the zombies will be in this area soon , or already are. This is the most tempting thing in the game thats almost always unnecessary.

2) You forgot that you had a choice to not take the ammunition. That would have left well enough alone.

3) You were in the NW airfield. That's just not a good spot to begin with. You could have actually been clipped by another set of people on the opposite side of the field - or given his friends enough strategic advantage to nullify yours.

4) You made contact twice over a small time period, and you *knew that it was the same guy*. People are going to feel resentful. Also, the second time around, they have a better feeling for "if you have cover in the woods" (i.e. friends). I have a feeling that it was his sniper friend that nailed you and not him, however. Either way though, he was definitely feeling ballsy and more confident after your first encounter.

Not to be difficult or anything, but what is the "nice" part about robbing a guy twice at gunpoint?

I would have done the same thing. But then the first time. You think you can get away with robbing someone? Only for a little bit in my book, you stab my back I stab yours.

And then loot your corpse and be a happy camper.

I'll eat your beans and laugh.

game actualy reward bandit way, that is why ppl kill everyone. mybe when someone become bandit if he drop on 10k max blood, or even better if you are bandit you can not have backpack, than ppl will think twice before they kill someone.

I don't kill, but then I don't try to make friends ether. I play DayZ as a stealth game and it's done me good so far. Other players are things to tip toe around and maybe scare now and again with a shot over their head or spooky direct voice chat.

now i spawned at coast, with literaly NOTHING!

managed to evade some zombies trough the dark to the forest (rushed, no planning, fed up with empty gear)

found some stuff but now i stil do not have:

backpack

basic starting gear

NOTHING!

wtf???

It happens to everyone, chill the fuck out. When it happened to me I had a tonne of end game gear. I was pissed for a few seconds before I remembered I was actually really bored. Activating hard mode was fun. Within 2 hours I had an Alice pack, a shotgun and a CZ 550 while desperately trying to find food.

It's a alpha build of a mod. If you're looking for a polished product you'll have to wait for the final stand alone or just shut the fuck up and enjoy yourself.

Edited by PoisonedAl

God why can't we have a normal text input instead of this javascript crap?

Edited by PoisonedAl

"Killing someone in real life is so visceral that the military actually has to psychologically train people to do it, outside of the mechanics of pointing a gun. (This is a huge part of military training). DayZ also bypasses the feelings of guilt and depression, and there's no breeding, family ties, or anything of that nature.

IMHO, The worst is that you don't have to sleep in Day Z. Sleep and agriculture ( in particular cattle ), and are pretty much what settled civilization. You gotta make arrangements with people to watch you and your cattle while you rest, and those arrangements have to be upheld via honor or well, you all get ragged tired fast / stabbed in the back / no one wants to watch your cattle and you lose your women."

military training to be able to kill??

hmmmm, people have killed out of 'self defence", in the military that is not a huge part of your training, we'd be talking about using fists and boots to faces in that case, up close and personal.

firearms used for self defense is mostly the case when intell fcked up again..

point and shoot is not to hard for a civilian to do. (all they need to do when live's are at stake) take a civilian to a shooting range and they are able to kill after the first pull on the trigger.

AGRICULTURE?

if i wanted to do that i would have got SIMFARM with a zombie mod.. o wait.. Plants vs zombies perhaps?

the mod is okay, but read my argument about fresh water lakes etc, that's what i meant with realism...

the info you are giving is complete, tactical, and you're thinking further than most here i guess.

wouldn't want to make u think i'm out to kill anyone while you're lying on a hill at 1200m for some target practice....

good comments!

btw, this thread just keeps going and going, seems like there's still enough to talk about stuff that's already been said on this forum. as mentioned before by other's.

Not to be difficult or anything, but what is the "nice" part about robbing a guy twice at gunpoint?

I would have done the same thing. But then the first time. You think you can get away with robbing someone? Only for a little bit in my book, you stab my back I stab yours.

And then loot your corpse and be a happy camper.

I'll eat your beans and laugh.

The being nice was not wasting him like 99% of other players would have without thinking. I did the nice thing, left him alive and with all the supplies except 1 machine gun ammo belt and my reward was a quick trip back to the coast minus my gear. Which is fine. Yeah I could have ignored him but what's the fun in that. In a post apocalyptic world I would reach out to other survivors. Seeing as how our first encounter went well. Shrug. It's like I'm to be forced into having to gun others down beciase they will just shoot me tske my beans and laugh.