flat1820

To not get shot. What will it take. Seriously

So you tell people that you have lots of great loot, tell them your location, then wonder why you get shot?

You may want to see a doctor about that.

I'm not trolling here, this is a legit question.

So I spent the last few nights convincing people not to shoot me. Even when I told them I had NV goggles, M249SAW with ammo, blood, toolbox, map, compass... TO GIVE THEM! Nope, still shoot as soon as they finally see me. I did convince 2 guys once. Only once. I gave them everything I had as they were new to the game. Both had hand guns and rifles, so did I.

So what will it take? Seriously.

I play on the US servers and I go by "paul". I'm usually on the 40 player servers with a server time of 5:00pm. If you see me, be friendly and I'll have stuff for you. I don't ask for anything back (and no they are not hacked in items).

Join the Regulators and start fighting the good fight!

http://regulators.freeforums.org/index.php

You can go way up North and hide in a tree.

Then when you kill a zombie log out for a day or so. Rinse/Repeat.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Seriously, though, man up! It is the Post-Apoc. You want ppl to hold hands skipping towards rainbows?

9/10 times if you help someone, especially giving them a weapon, they will shoot you.

I was shot by a noob yesterday in Cherno, however I had a flashlight in their face so they could not see me and missed. I ran outside the church and aggroed zombies and brought them back to chase the girl who shot me. They actually managed to hit her as she was trying to shoot me and she began to bleed. Amused, I ran after her and yelled, stop, if you don't shoot me I will bandage you. I have bandages and no weapon, just this flashlight. She actually stopped and let me bandage her, I was expecting to be shot next but she just got up and ran away....

I guess I had luck since she was not really trying to kill me, I must have scared her with my flashlight I guess.

No worries, Sir Death.

I'll just use the player list you have compiled on your forums.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

There's nothing wrong with asking people if they are friendly from behind cover. You don't have to present your bare forehead for strangers to rest the muzzle of their revolver on to build trust. You see somebody, take cover and yell friendly at them, if they approach you, try to flank you, give them a warning shot to keep them at bay. If they call out friendly that's fine, talk to them from safety, no need to tempt them with a fat target.

Talk to them from cover. Get them to talk about the game, if they come of as condescending or insincere, they will double cross you. Don't believe everything they say, just because you want to believe it. If you get a feeling they are trying to get a clear shot on you, tell them goodbye and leave them. If they follow you, shoot them.

In order to meet friendlies, you have to trust someone, sometime, but you don't have to make it easy for them to kill you.

"Hey there sexy, can I rub my balls on your leg." :blink:

HA!!! ...

erm... so, did you???? :wub:

You can tell them that you will give them whatever, they can not know that ultimately you won't shoot them in the end or you have friends behind you that will shoot them as soon as they pick stuff up. What you are doing might even work 50% of the time but the other 50% it might not. If you had a 50% chance of dying every time you cross the road would you still cross it? Stay away from people in this game, sooner or later you will die.

Do you guys DC when shot at, like your allies, CQF?

I bet you do.

Also, where do you regulate at?

I would love to "play" with you guys.

We don't allow any form of exploitation, and we recently turned down an alliance with the CQF (read on our forums about it). So your entire post makes no sense.

But please, good sir, use our forum list, hunt us down. Do you want my current location? I only have a Winchester, but you're more than welcome to hunt me down. I'm around Kamenka, I frequent Dallas servers (US 49 Dallas, Dallas 129 IIRC).

• Like 2

i shot on sight killing other players its the best part of this game once you gear up its time to hit elektro and get some kills /problem ?

Edited by pvthoch

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

This is one of the dumbest quotes that appears regularly.

Let me ask you a question:

If you flip a quarter and it comes up heads, do you believe it will always come up heads from that point on? If not then you're insane by the logic of your post. By your logic only a crazy person would expect that quarter to come up tails at some point.

The problem with the quote is that it is only valid for actions that only have one possible result. Few systems are that simplistic.

Edited by random51

today i shot a guy and missed, in a barn from a couple of meters. i was friendly but he scared me..he said i was a bandit so i started to follow him to make him change his idea..then in a field he shot me with his dmr, missing badly at least 5 times, while i was covering the 100m among us,shouting don't shoot i'm good guy. when i stopped and said i was standing still and friendly he just said: leave alone..and run away. and i usually find friendly people..i cannot say i never got killed or sniped, hacked or even no sense killed while unarmed, but ending without blood an encounter with someone else is a so good feeling that i never give up trying!

So you tell people that you have lots of great loot, tell them your location, then wonder why you get shot?

You may want to see a doctor about that.

I don't care if I loose my loot. There is more to find. I'm just hoping to get to people to trust one another and not be to trigger happy.

I have been alive in the game for almost 4 weeks and I play everyday for a while. How do I do this? I avoid other players and create my own "fun". I avoid other players whenever possible. I only kill zombies if I have to. If this were real wouldn't you avoid them? I have murdered only one person. I did this because he was in my "territory" which is the area around Pustoshka. He had a name that indicated he wasn't a nice person so I offed him to avoid conflict while I was executing my mission.

I don't DC when I get into a fire fight. I try to avoid others by being stealthy. Unless I'm in my truck you won't even know I'm there. I am fully equiped with military gear, quille suit, NV and everything from SD9 to m107 for weapons. I tell you this to demonstrate that you can get this type of weaponry without killing other players or risking your life around the military airfields. You just have to use your head and have fun.

• Like 1

I bet you do.

@nicraM:

We aren't friends with the CQF. You just lost that bet. You wanna play with me? At 4 PM EST go on US 137 On august 10th in the Cherno tavern. I have an alice pack, lee enfield, revolver, shitloads of food and drink and 2 pistols in my pack. See ya there :)

Edited by *Regulator* TheBlackJim
  • Like 1

My bud once lied in chat that he had 3 sniper friends looking on his position and highly suggested they did nothing.

They kindly turned around and ran away.

removing the shity kill counter

Edited by Orthus
  • Like 1

removing the shity kill counter

That would be a first step, removes the e-peen element.some may strive for. Generally I really hope is that the factor of uncertainty remains, but not all encounters end in one player dieing. Even if it just was 10% of all player encounters, this would work for me. Maybe making the story / adventure you go through have more variance would help as well. In the very beginning of DayZ everyone was so unsure where to go to, what to do etc. that you automatically formed small groups and something like a circle of trust.

Somehow although its a sandbox game (technically) the whole path of getting to the sandbox part seems very linear. After respawn many almost always have the same priorities on their checklist, usually ending with either an airfield or Stary visit. Now of course you could set up other goals like "find a bicycle and do stupid things" but your chance of long term survival just has been lowered by quite a bit.

So after a while almost everyone is in the same trance-like grind. Find food, water, gun, backpack, bug out, find more survival stuff and maybe a better gun, try your luck in a high risk place or find a vehicle - basically now you have arrived in the sandbox mode. If there was more uncertainty on how to progress, maybe players would be more willing to seek help in numbers.

I bet you do.

I can't vouch for everybody in this game or even in the Regulators, but DCing during firefights is like cheating in Solitaire - you're just ruining your own game experience (which death is a big part of for me at least).

I don't know how CQF operates, but even if we would be allied with them, I don't believe they'd order us to DC during fights (I guess that's what you're implying here?).

Hope looking at targets on our roster sheets gives you more emergent game play and enhances your DayZ experience. That's the reason we started the Regulators too :)

-O

I'm not trolling here, this is a legit question.

So I spent the last few nights convincing people not to shoot me. Even when I told them I had NV goggles, M249SAW with ammo, blood, toolbox, map, compass... TO GIVE THEM! Nope, still shoot as soon as they finally see me. I did convince 2 guys once. Only once. I gave them everything I had as they were new to the game. Both had hand guns and rifles, so did I.

So what will it take? Seriously.

I play on the US servers and I go by "paul". I'm usually on the 40 player servers with a server time of 5:00pm. If you see me, be friendly and I'll have stuff for you. I don't ask for anything back (and no they are not hacked in items).

Kill or be killed, otherwise people are going to push you around.