• QEQE
    • Shoot on sight
  2. 2. Former system before bandit skin removed

• QEQE
    • Shoot on sight
  3. 3. Upcoming bandit system with head change

• QEQE
    • Shoot on sight

This topic is made on request of the Russian section. This topic is a translation of this thread in Russian. Author wants to collect statistics from both Russian and English-speaking players. Thanks for participating.

NOTE: QE-QE is the "friendly dance". If you press Q then E repeatedly your character will lean left and right. Thus showing "I'm friendly. Don't shoot".

Translation

In our discussions about balancing of bandits and survivors we often base our point on our own personal experience and can’t use the statistics. This poll is set to show the true statistic correlation of bandits and survivors.

Imagine this situation:

After you had died again you are respawned near Elektro and went there to find weapons and food. You looted the fire station and the church, found Makarov, Winchester, food and drink. You go to the shop and see some survivor looting there. You see each other at the same moment of time. Your actions?

The choice is simple and binary: QEQE or Kill on Sight.

But you need to make the choice for three different game mechanics, three different worlds.

1. Present 1.7.2.4 system. The first world is the current mod state, where you have no bandit skin and no way to know the other person’s intentions. Low probability to get out alive.
  2. Former system before bandit skin removed. Second world has the system of bandit skins, which was in the game not long ago. That is if you murder a survivor your skin changes to another outfit and survivors will shoot you on sight. We have approximately 80% survivors and 20% bandits.
  3. Upcoming bandit system with head change. The third world has this partial bandit skin system, which is coming soon with the next big patch. That is your outfit won’t change after the murder, but your head will be wrapped in a scarf to hide your face. All other appearance is not changed.

End of translation

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 2

Obviously it's the option that's not shoot on sight, so... talk I guess?

What's QEQE?

This.

Is QEQE the Russian equivalent of saying "friendly?"

Hello there

QEQE?

If it's a bandit "in skin" i KOS unless formally introduced by another non bandit. even then, i'm still wary.

Ever meet an ex murderer? Same thing.

rgds

LoK

AHHHH! qeqe = waggle!

Edited by orlok

Obviously it's the option that's not shoot on sight, so... talk I guess?

It could be that. Or it could mean avoid the player. Not sure. I'll vote when I know more.

Im a run on sight guy. Avoid players. I have a clan I run with. Don't like to grief players on my own. But when running with the clan its shoot on sight.

I'm curious about something though. Obviously even with the head morphs, existing skins won't be removed. How will the head morph work with ghillie suits?

QEQE=waggle

lean left and right.

Universal "i'm friendly sign"

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

QEQE is leaning from side to side, as to confirm you're friendly. A salut would work as well I suppose.

I've had a couple of experiences where i should have just shot on sight. The worse was being in electro firestation and hearing a dude run then fall off the roof. I strafed out - saw him fucked up - and stafed back inside. Asked if he was friendly and he said yeah. So he spams his enfield at some zombies and rolls inside the firestation as i finish the remaining zombies. Low on blood myself i offer to get morphine in exchange for a transfusion. So off i go...hospital is neatly empty so i spend about 10 minutes searching and finally get some. Heard one or shots since but all quiet. I hit the main road by the hospital so facing the tower and im one shotted - dead.

Now it could have been for a number of reasons - trolling, thinking i was someone else, hoping to rob me, someone else could have shot. Fact is i could have wasted him and been out of electro in 2 minutes.

Guys, I've not even been playing as long as the bandit skin has been removed, and even I know QEQE is waggling left/right to indicate friendly. I am suddenly not surprised there's such an epidemic of kill on sight now that I see nobody knows what waggling is. :P

On topic: I find myself unable to respond to the poll, even the two "post-bandit skin" ones I could answer, it is too binary. Under the current system my action would completely depend on what this stranger was armed with. However, assuming there was a bandit skin system, or a partial bandit skin system as the third scenario suggests, I would shoot a bandit on sight while I had the element of surprise.

Sorry, forgot that not everyone knows this old DayZ ritual :)

NOTE: QE-QE is the "friendly dance". If you press Q then E repeatedly your character will lean left and right. Thus showing "I'm friendly. Don't shoot".

Why would I bother answering a poll where the 1) the concepts aren't explained, 2) the concepts are wrong.

QEQE = waggle .... I THINK. In any case "everybody" knows you should either say "Friendly" or salute.

Shoot on sight = KOS = KILL on sight

Those things are important to get right, or else you get confusion, and when you get confusion, the poll get's wrong answers, and when a poll gets wrong answers, the poll is useless.

Please try again. :facepalm:

In either case, I'm against a "bandit skin", and I'm sad to hear it'll come back.

Edited by kebman

I'd have voted "Avoid, AEAE (Bloody AZERTY keayboard), AEAE".

Also, my "Avoid" generally means "Shoot the guy in the leg".

It's the Leaning Dance, one of the first solutions to a are you friendly question.

I sometimes use the salut action.

Sadly it has become rare gest these days.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

When playing with my friends whenever we go into a high player/pvp areas we now have someone with a sniper as overwatch we check if someone is friendly but if they start shooting our sniper tries to take them out.

Unfortunatley that only really works well if we can spot the player before they spot us

Actually you always may just step backward and let stranger go instead of shoot him or approach with your unasked friendship.

It's game about surviving BTW. I played this game near month so i joined after bandit skins was already removed. But personally I suffered very few attacks while being played this game. Maybe it's because I always try to evade troubles and notice other people before being spotted? ;)