unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

There are a lot of cheats on this game (it's almost CSS proportions when it was at it's height, if you played back then you would know it was at least 1 on every server), so it's not unfeasable that there would be thousands upon thousands of cheaters banned and grouping up to campaign to get this reversed, if you look at the cheat forums and sites that sell these, or should I say give them away for a "donation", they are full, and have just as many users as this forum does.

Many of them have forked out up to $20 for the cheats, and are probably very upset that their total loss is roughly $50 depending on where they bought A2/OA, it stands to reason that they would mass try to get this overturned.

I have latest patch / played on older patch servers, played on latest patch servers, did not get banned, I have also edited my configs for screen FOV (16:9 widescreen fix), no ban.

Dwarden has also played with the latest patch and says he has tried other methods and he is not banned.

I'm not "afraid" to try these things because if it is in error they will fix it, at worst I would have to go without playing for a week or so, no biggie there are plenty of other games I play to keep my lesiure time just that.

At this point in time I am leaning toward thinking that those complaining either have done or do cheat in some way, and have been caught out.

Sounds plausible. If I update the beta patch and get banned; I'd like to tell you now I'm not a script kiddie.

Edit: Why not just do research and see if we can uncover some sort of 'we're all innocent' campaign from scriptors?

Edited by Noise

I've basically been trying to get banned by deliberately playing on older patched servers, but I have not encountered any cheaters whilst playing, so that is the only part of the "stories" that I have been unable to try.

I read somewhere that even if your not cheating at DayZ\ARMA proper...BE might be able to detect other hacked software or cheat software..don't know if it's true.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Dwarden.

Half of the people in this thread suffer from metal illness.

That is actually a better average than most forums.

• Like 1

I have 95417, but I feel it's wise not to update at the moment.

I feel the same way, would even without these ban reports. Last time I check ~50% of the servers were still on 417, no need for me to upgrade.

Been using 95660 for the past two days and not had any issues/bans. Couple server kicks from admins abusing their power, but nothing new there.

My setup is Arma II : combined OP (bought through steam) - I use Six Updater to update and launch DayZ (also use Six to update the beta). So far have tried a few AU and ANZ servers.

I've never cheated in any game, single or multiplayer (I just don't see the point, if I suck at a game I'll just keep practicing or keep losing :) ) So I don't have any kind of cheat software anywhere on my system.

I am using windows 7 64 bit - 8gb ram - GTX 580 - 120Gb SSD (Vertex II) and on 100mb cable internet.

Not sure what other information I could give that might help. But anything I can supply I will.

Edit: I have manually updated BE (thought it might be wise "just in case") - umm I dunno what else could help. . . oh, I have the latest drivers for my Video Card.

AFter reading the below post about the CPU count - : I tried and failed to add this to the six updater launch, so I used the parameters bit in the steam launch, unfortunately I cannot run dayZ through steam ? (it just keeps saying failed to initialize direct renderer 9 or something to that effect then exits).

Edit 2: made a new shortcut direct to the exe using "arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -cpucount=4"

Game launches, played on one server so far (only about 5 minutes, but so far so good).

(so far no ban)

Edited by Psyl3nt

I know this is unlikely to be a problem, but a commonality from earlier is that a lot of those banned seem to be running quadcore with a launch param of -cpuCount=4. Do either of those conditions apply to you?

Edited by Yatta

My setup is Arma II : combined OP (bought through steam) - I use Six Updater to update and launch DayZ (also use Six to update the beta). So far have tried a few AU and ANZ servers.

I've never cheated in any game, single or multiplayer (I just don't see the point, if I suck at a game I'll just keep practicing or keep losing :) ) So I don't have any kind of cheat software anywhere on my system.

I am using windows 7 64 bit - 8gb ram - GTX 580 - 120Gb SSD (Vertex II) and on 100mb cable internet.

Not sure what other information I could give that might help. But anything I can supply I will.

Edit: I have manually updated BE (thought it might be wise "just in case") - umm I dunno what else could help. . . oh, I have the latest drivers for my Video Card.

(so far no ban)

Have you don't any item interactions? I mean as in sorting gear between tents and then logging off for a bit or changing server then coming back to the one with tents?

That's essentially what I was doing just before the ban, running back after dying to glitched rock, looted some tents on the way. Then got back to my base and sorted some gear between our tents. Picked up some spare gear my mate and I had farmed, swapped to server I had been on earlier where I had found an atv, emptied it of the gear of value then jumped back on to mine and woopa. Global ban.

• Like 1

Well the only thing that i can see that we all have in common is that we have all come in contact with bugged items or something, I know its already been said that you won't be banned for using scripted items but that was before BE was beefed up so maybe BE has changed something. Its the only thing i can think of at the moment.

I feel the same way, would even without these ban reports. Last time I check ~50% of the servers were still on 417, no need for me to upgrade.

same here

I've been scanning around the cheat forums looking for "crying" and there is some : I also found someone saying this :

It seems like only of the server host sends script logs then the people get banned. It is complete luck of the draw whether or not the host decides to send or not. I make sure that in dayZ sixlauncher i only use scripts on the servers with "BAD" rated server protection.... these ratings are found all the way on the right, you have to drag the window out to see this description.

So any server admin out there that haven't done this "send script logs" then please do so :)

As far as item interactions, on that note no, I have not used any tents or anything (I don't currently have any due to recent death), I have an AK-74, hatchet, makarov, assorted ammo, 2 tins of sardines and a tin of soda (Coke just in case that matters lol).

What I was doing was moving through tulga toward the deerstand there. I have picked up some items but they are things like tin cans and soda.

Edited by Psyl3nt

There are a lot of cheats on this game (it's almost CSS proportions when it was at it's height, if you played back then you would know it was at least 1 on every server), so it's not unfeasable that there would be thousands upon thousands of cheaters banned and grouping up to campaign to get this reversed, if you look at the cheat forums and sites that sell these, or should I say give them away for a "donation", they are full, and have just as many users as this forum does.

Many of them have forked out up to $20 for the cheats, and are probably very upset that their total loss is roughly $50 depending on where they bought A2/OA, it stands to reason that they would mass try to get this overturned.

I have latest patch / played on older patch servers, played on latest patch servers, did not get banned, I have also edited my configs for screen FOV (16:9 widescreen fix), no ban.

Dwarden has also played with the latest patch and says he has tried other methods and he is not banned.

I'm not "afraid" to try these things because if it is in error they will fix it, at worst I would have to go without playing for a week or so, no biggie there are plenty of other games I play to keep my lesiure time just that.

At this point in time I am leaning toward thinking that those complaining either have done or do cheat in some way, and have been caught out.

I have never Cheated. and i get banned right when i get into the screen too see the players just because you havnt gotten banned doesnt mean others didn't

Thanks, Psylent. Maybe someone was running scripts through us or something. Maybe if you have version 95660 or later, you become vulnerable to something hacker related.

It could well be that there is a hacker on the server, I did see on a hack forum that if they run the scripts the person they run them "on" can also be kicked.

So I guess that could turn out to be a ban aswell.

I have tried most things that people here say are contributing to them being banned, and none of it has resulted in a ban for me, the only thing that I can't try is to interact with a hacker / items. So it is entirely possible that is the cause.

edit: some spelling.

Edited by Psyl3nt

I got it about 30 minutes ago. I have no idea why.

Here's what happened leading up to my ban:

A friend and I connected to a server just outside Cherno, we make our way in and climb up top to do some sniping.

We get into some light engagements at range, with some people. Whatever.

About 10 minutes go by, we start getting worried about them server hopping.

Sure enough I take a revolver round to the ass outta no where.

I retreat behind a wall, toss a grenade boom. +1 Bandit kill.

I go to loot his corpse, my bud (a floor up) tells me someone just server hopped in and has him pinned he took a Lee round to the chest. And is bleeding out.

I climb up, guy doesn't see me coming, boom dead +1 Murder.

We heal each other, bandage up, loot bodies.

I take the Bandit's M24 he had (to add to our tents), we get some blood bags, food, spare toolbelt items (compass, maps), etc.

I then get shot by two makarov rounds into my ass, Spin around plant 2 DMR rounds to into their chest. +1 Bandit kill.

Some idiot tries climbing up the ladder. + 1 Murder.

My friend and I decide to bounce before the next round of server hoppers jump us.

We log back to our main server.

Climb down ladders and stairs, do some running, etc. to get back into our McDonald's Yellow Hatchback.

I go to dump the M24 into the the car, its not in my bag.

I notice my health is full too, but I have all my bandit kills and murders. (I never healed from the 2 makarov bullets)

We both go "Its in alpha" *shrug* "whatever"

I get into the driver's seat to head back to camp.

Blam "Global Ban #19ce"

*Insert Cursing Here*

First it was inventory not saving,

Then (and still is) tents, and cars not saving/disappearing.

Then it was hackers.

Now its Battle Eye i gotta worry about f*** me.

I have never ran a script, cheated or anything, this is nuts.

• Like 1

So it looks like it could be to do something with items that hackers have put ingame then because thats the only common thing that we all have when we were banned "items"

Back to watching Breaking Bad while i wait for more forum posts.

Edited by D3nty

The sad thing is as this is going on, the effects of hacking have barely seen a bump in the horizon.

From what I gather this ban wave is a result of processing a load of server logs that shows commands being executed. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe hackers have a way of spoofing which user executed the command? They have hacked just about everything else including the ability to get a server's RCON password. And yet we have people here refusing to believe anything except 100% of people banned were hackers? Some people have no idea at all.

Edited by TheWalkingDude
  • Like 2

Something I Have noticed in a lot of the tales from people who are banned is that you all seem to be disconnecting / joining another server in quick succession, perhaps that could be it.

I am also starting to wonder if the script that runs to check "is player under fire" or something to that effect is causing this. ?

I think someone here would know what that script is (I saw it pop up and error on me one day, and was very curious as to what it was) at the time I thought it might be something in progress to catch people who alt-f4 and so on, by recording if they are under fire or injured when they logout . . . ? ? ? ?

• Like 2

Actually, psyl3nt, that's possible. When I was banned, I kept hopping in and out of the game to adjust graphics settings. Sounds very viable.

• Like 1

I know this is unlikely to be a problem, but a commonality from earlier is that a lot of those banned seem to be running quadcore with a launch param of -cpuCount=4. Do either of those conditions apply to you?

Yes I was running -cpuCount=4 and -threads=7 -- i have a core i5 2500k