unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

For those of you who saw my post on the first page, I was just paranoid and wasn't actually globally banned at the time.

Something went corrupt in my DayZ files that was causing me to be kicked from every server.

So I can't personally claim to be a legit player who was banned wrongfully, but I'm still not going to make an ass of myself and dismiss every single claim that someone was wrongfully banned.

time will tell the truth

you got banned and LOL XD

You think Funny?

only kids use XDXDXDXDXDXDX

time will tell the truth

you got banned and LOL XD

You think Funny?

only kids use XDXDXDXDXDXDX

I wish I could downvote posts.

-1 beans for you.

• Like 1

No, install 95777 and join a 95417 server.

He's afraid. Everyone NOT banned right now is afraid to try.

I've been requesting it for several hours with no responses.

US 1325 - 95417

Im guessing most people are afraid of their info being stolen. "HEY GUYS COME TO THIS SERVER! SO WE CAN GET YOUR CD KEY AND GUID N SHIT!" is what most people probably think.

Im guessing most people are afraid of their info being stolen. "HEY GUYS COME TO THIS SERVER! SO WE CAN GET YOUR CD KEY AND GUID N SHIT!" is what most people probably think.

That's fine. Just use DayZ commander or something to find a server which runs on an older version.

So you're insinuating someone can take anyones CD key at any moment if they're on the same server yet some people in this thread can't believe a legit player could end up getting banned?

I'm just waiting to hear back from Dwarden.

Half of the people in this thread suffer from metal illness.

I set something from 300000 to 100000 and after that i havent any graphicbugs and now a ban very awesome

25 euro for nothing i love this world^

I'm Kinda piss off atm

just got banned

GLOBAL BAN #aff0

Really battleye ???

The only thing i use is the trick above for fix graphical bugsand the flush.

And i have the patch 95724.

I

So you're insinuating someone can take anyones CD key at any moment if they're on the same server yet some people in this thread can't believe a legit player could end up getting banned?

Yes. I think it wouldnt be too hard for someone to steal any type of info and use it. People do it all the time. Virtual world and not.

From reading about 17 pages or so fully of this, seems like about 1/4 maybe a bit more, are legit players being banned, rest are illegit hoping to come along for the ride and get a free ticket back to try again. Alot of people have probably already stated this, but I can honestly say I'm afraid to login and go on any server at the moment.

Yes. I think it wouldnt be too hard for someone to steal any type of info and use it. People do it all the time. Virtual world and not.

actually its not that easy and probably only 1% of the hackers have the actual info how to steal a cd keys with your own server and spoof guids, the rest are just idiots who buy cheats and get banned after a 2-3 weeks

Edited by crushed293213

Well i have pleaded my case here and i know the DayZ staff can't do anything about it but i felt that i need to defend myself and not get the label of one of the people who have ruined this game for so many honest players.

Don't get me wrong i had the same view as many of the posters in this thread regarding abusers, until something like this happens to you then you won't know how it feels to be innocent and then you are suddenly tossed over to the other side of the fence with all the scum.

I am a Game Master in a very well known MMO and part of my job is to process ban appeals and i have to say if i got this amount of people all claiming the same thing it doesn't take a genius to work out something has gone wrong somewhere down the line. Granted most of the people who were banned are scripters and deserved the ban they got.

I really do hope someone makes a official post soon and it gets fixed sharpish. The only thing i worry about now is if BE will be honest with the screw up and admit to it to everyone.

Edited by D3nty
  • Like 1

Guest Dwarden

install 95777 and join a 95417 server.

tried that myself on multiple servers and even more versions, in fact tried nearly all stories in this and some other threads...

still not globally banned ... :)

• Like 2

tried that myself on multiple servers and even more versions, in fact tried nearly all stories in this and some other threads...

We sent you our ### any update yet?

ITT: BI Dwarden doesn't get banned, rest of the players do.

EDIT: Refer to my previous theory.

>Scripter uses scripts, effects you somehow. Makes you dance, kills you, etc.

>Battleye detects scripts.

>Bans scripter.

>Thinks you're a scripter too, bans you as well.

Edited by Noise

You want to tell me Dwarden on this thread is legit and not some troll? Hmmm...

Anyone wrongfully banned got PM back from him?

Man, my friends and myself play on 95417 and no one of us got banned but I can't tell if this is just some campaign from scripters to get their bans reverted or some people got wrongfully banned for real, anyway I am scared to apply newest beta patches now. :( :( :(

Would really appreciate some official stance on this issue (or lack of issue if this is one big false story) and I am pretty sure that I am not only one.

Man, my friends and myself play on 95417 and no one of us got banned but I can't tell if this is just some campaign from scripters to get their bans reverted or some people got wrongfully banned for real, anyway I am scared to apply newest beta patches now. :( :( :(

Would really appreciate some official stance on this issue (or lack of issue if this is one big false story) and I am pretty sure that I am not only one.

This Dwarden has yet to respond to my PM, as does the actual BI Dwarden on the BI forums.

Edited by Yatta

Simple fact still remains if BE looks at the logs then they will see who is innocent and who is not.

I have not received any PM back from Dwarden yet.

Edited by D3nty

I do, and he is.

Whether or not he's replying to you is not something I can control. I can tell you he is the same Dwarden though.

It's good to see that things have calmed down, people claiming that the people that are banned are therefore hackers and whatnot.

I've played DayZ in the afternoon and the beta patch I have is 95724. I'm one of the legit players, but I haven't gotten banned. I'm not going to upgrade to the latest beta patch though, because I'm not taking any chances.

Edited by Luka25

^^^

That wasn't a global ban. If you carry on watching he just reconnects to a different server.

Yes it was lol

Battled Global Ban: than the four letter

You do know that guy has multiple computers/cd keys for diff characters? He probably just played on a diff character because as you see he was in the barracks not by the coast.

There are a lot of cheats on this game (it's almost CSS proportions when it was at it's height, if you played back then you would know it was at least 1 on every server), so it's not unfeasable that there would be thousands upon thousands of cheaters banned and grouping up to campaign to get this reversed, if you look at the cheat forums and sites that sell these, or should I say give them away for a "donation", they are full, and have just as many users as this forum does.

Many of them have forked out up to $20 for the cheats, and are probably very upset that their total loss is roughly $50 depending on where they bought A2/OA, it stands to reason that they would mass try to get this overturned.

I have latest patch / played on older patch servers, played on latest patch servers, did not get banned, I have also edited my configs for screen FOV (16:9 widescreen fix), no ban.

Dwarden has also played with the latest patch and says he has tried other methods and he is not banned.

I'm not "afraid" to try these things because if it is in error they will fix it, at worst I would have to go without playing for a week or so, no biggie there are plenty of other games I play to keep my lesiure time just that.

At this point in time I am leaning toward thinking that those complaining either have done or do cheat in some way, and have been caught out.