unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

qq you got taken out in the purge, having like 2% innocent people banned is acceptable collateral for the reduced amount of hacking since today

It's not happened to me, but I almost hope it happens to you now.

Almost. Because I'm not a cunt.

• Like 6

qq you got taken out in the purge, having like 2% innocent people banned is acceptable collateral for the reduced amount of hacking since today

Unless it was you. Then you would be in my shoes, think before you post.

• Like 2

Whats the situation on this?

I haven't updated the beta and haven't played on my hive character for quite a few days. I have been playing private hive servers quite a lot but not for the past two days. I'm a bit timid to update and try it if there is some sort of a mix up with this patch.

Gonna get banned? Yay or nay?

I have a feeling the ones getting banned may somehow be dupers.

Im a legit player and have never cheated on an online game, however after seeing this thread escalate so quickly and reddit scream murder.... i might just play something else until it dies down to avoid a ban. Battleye is a terrible anti cheat program like punkbuster and it wouldnt surprise me if on this time innocent players have been banned.

To bad the scripters keep finding ways around the global bans... while legit players might not be so lucky. If they are in fact getting banned.

I do recall when a bunch of people got VAC banned from one of the CoD games or something and Steam ended up giving them all a free game after lifting the bans. Who knows, machines make mistakes just like people.

Edited by Buick72
  • Like 1

Stop crying Jesus, you hacked. FACT!!

I don't quite know how to respond. Should i get into a yelling match with you about how i didn't?

Now that apparently all the kids are awake ill head to bed. i'll make sure to post some screen shots of the email or post when battleye sends their apologizes.

I don't quite know how to respond. Should i get into a yelling match with you about how i didn't?

Now that apparently all the kids are awake ill head to bed. i'll make sure to post some screen shots of the email or post when battleye sends their apologizes.

if*

The majority of the people getting banned are random idiots using public released script bypasses you can find in 5 mins of searching. New pub stuff gets released every few weeks and ban waves follow shortly after.

Only a small percentage actually have a unique bypass method they code themselves that may be able to avoid the mass ban waves.

• Like 1

To bad the scripters keep finding ways around the global bans... while legit players might not be so lucky. If they are in fact getting banned anyway...

Some of these are definitely true bans. Just tried to log in and I'm still banned after 6 hours.

Are the bans only from people that have updated to the latest beta patch?

I hate battleye. VAC is dah shit.

I hope i don't get banned. I will see. Only thing i edited was oaconfig, and oaprofile,also have custom face.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Are the bans only from people that have updated to the latest beta patch?

So far it seems like if you used a patch 95660 or later, you risk getting da ban. I've also read a rumor that it only occurs if you're on an older server near NW Airstrip.

Is airstrip on the coast with a dock?

I logged on to the server I usually play on last night, was ported to the middle of nowhere with no gear or anything. There was like 10 other people there also...

Logged out then back in I was on the beach at Elektra(with all my gear, few). BUT I had broken legs... No problem I just got my mate to run from base to me with morphine xD After about 10 mins there was a lot of people getting global banned... Some people were getting it like 3 times which I though was weird...

A possibility is that your cd key got stolen. If so your shit out of luck

Does steam work on a CD key system? As in, when you purchase Arma via them, do they purchase a key and auto-auth it for you? Or do they do something else?

Edited by Yatta

Does steam work on a CD key system? As in, when you purchase Arma via them, do they purchase a key and auto-auth it for you? Or do they do something else?

Correct, Steam copies of the game do still use a CD key.

Yes, if you buy from steam, your account will get a cd-key on it automatically.

Battle eye may suck my dick...

They better get rid of those fuckers , instead of banning the hackers IP + CD Key they just ban THE CDKEY

and why? to make fucking money , well you're doing it wrong sir...

Get your shit together and protect a game like a decent company , I've got a serial key banned now and there not responding to any of the mails I've ever send also not in the past.

Great work keep it up i hope thunder hits your company... HARD

Edited by Jemoeder

Battle eye may suck my dick...

They better get rid of those fuckers , instead of banning the hackers IP + CD Key they just ban THE CDKEY

and why? to make fucking money , well you're doing it wrong sir...

Get your shit together and protect a game like a decent company , I've got a serial key banned now and there not responding to any of the mails I've ever send also not in the past.

Great work keep it up i hope thunder hits your company... HARD

Ya seriously. Ip ban the fuckers...all they do is chnage their cd key.