unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

I'v heard much the same, decided to not log in for awhile, give this potentical hell a miss.

I could handle heavy artifacting, but a ban is not my cup of tea.

Yes, I think all of us here knows that the new Arma 2 beta patch 95660 and newer are causing battleye conflictions with their new script detection system, possibly assuming it's a script injecting trying to get through, causing a Global Ban.

Just trying to help out.

If their dog shit in your house, I'm sure they'll clean it up.

I was playing today and didn't have an issue, but I understand that is not indicative of everyone.

I really don't want to be mistaken for a script kiddy. Also, arma 2 guid spoof is relevant I presume.

Just trying to help out.

If their dog shit in your house, I'm sure they'll clean it up.

I was playing today and didn't have an issue, but I understand that is not indicative of everyone.

Well, I'm not to sure then. Just I would revert to 95417 if I were you. Don't want to have another unwanted ban.

they are mass mesaging servers and are aware of the issue and are working with developers to fix it

I was playing earlier today and had no issue, but if you're scared, you have every right not to trust it until you feel secure.

This information is popping up and admins have likely not had a chance to review what's is/isn't going on. I know Battleye's inboxes should be full of reports, and if they did poop it up, it should be.

I don't want more than one thread going on about this though, so this will be merged into the current one going.

they are mass mesaging servers and are aware of the issue and are working with developers to fix it

Link/proof?

Still on 95417, no bans, but Beye went ape on our server yesterday. There was a guy who's name was a hacking website attacking our base, then battleeye kicked half the server, and didn't even get the hacker guy... :rolleyes:

Foreal? :D

Someone screenshot the message please :)

Yeah we got the message last night saying BattleEye are aware of the issue and are working hard etc etc etc.

Then my clan mate gets a global ban even as the guy I can SEE in the scripts.log teleporting over the place and spawning items still runs free....

Good work guys *golf clap*

We will appeal but at this point are considering packing up and waiting for the stand alone.

It was bad enough our admins kept getting kicked while script kiddies ran rampant and we hadn't the tools to deal with it.

Now our admins are getting global bans and we are still powerless while the script kiddies run rampant.

I would face palm but my care meter is flashing red and I don't want to risk it >_<

Edited by Cannon
  • Like 2

Someone screenshot the message please :)

The message is that they are aware of cheaters and working with devs to fix it. NOT they are aware of what everyones talking about here

I was playing earlier today and had no issue, but if you're scared, you have every right not to trust it until you feel secure.

This information is popping up and admins have likely not had a chance to review what's is/isn't going on. I know Battleye's inboxes should be full of reports, and if they did poop it up, it should be.

I don't want more than one thread going on about this though, so this will be merged into the current one going.

Dingus what patch and beta are you running?

Just hoping that this isn't going to turn into a pass the buck situation where BI will say it's a BE situation, and/or vice versa. Lord knows if it gets bad it may even end up in DayZ Development's lap. (Used to work in IT and know the pass the buck game)

Edited by Banicks

Yeah we got the message last night saying BattleEye are aware of the issue and are working hard etc etc etc.

Then my clan mate gets a global ban even as the guy I can SEE in the scripts.log teleporting over the place and spawning items still runs free....

We will appeal but at this point are considering packing up and waiting for the stand alone.

It was bad enough our admins kept getting kicked while script kiddies ran rampant and we hadn't the tools to deal with it.

Now our admins are getting global bans and we are still powerless while the script kiddies run rampant.

I would face palm but I'm all out of care.

You can't appeal. Battleye is LOLWEALWAYSRIGHT.

• Like 2

I would face palm but my care meter is flashing red and I don't want to risk it >_<

Wait, your ADMINS are getting global banned? lol

The message is that they are aware of cheaters and working with devs to fix it. NOT they are aware of what everyones talking about here

Indeed, I saw this message too. Said NOTHING about any problem with BattlEye. Just that they are dealing with the cheaters and players should have patience. :)

Well this just sums it up, Battleye have royally screwed up something. Let's see how long it takes for them to fess up about it.

Indeed, I saw this message too. Said NOTHING about any problem with BattlEye. Just that they are dealing with the cheaters and players should have patience. :)

Dealing with cheaters = banning everyone. Bound to get a few along the way.

• Like 1

VAC isn't involved with ArmA, but both VAC and PB have falsely banned players before, why is Battleye any different?

I know, I guess I didn't make my point clear enough, my bad. What I meant was that if people who run through Steam aren't getting banned then it clearly has something to do with the beta patches that are automatically applied with SixUpdater or DayZ Commander which, as far as I know, aren't applied to the straight Steam version.

Which makes me nervous as I use SixUpdater as well so looks like I'm refraining from DayZ until all this gets fixed...

Yeah.

Basically I was in game annonymously (no admin tags) and sent out an RCON global saying we are shutting the server down in 10 minutes to ban for the mass number of scripts run on the server.

About an hour later after the server restart "CLAN TAG - ADMIN NAME" has been kicked - global ban.

Not at all suspicious timing.....I announce bans incoming and the guy running Clan tags that was on at the time then finds himself global banned an hour later....*sigh*

Personally I suspect they are able to spoof GUID's and see others GUID's on a given server so please be careful out there about revealing your Admin ID's in case you get trolled too.

Edited by Cannon