unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

Will they ban if a hacker changes gear in your inventory? this happened to me, but since you can't respawn anymore I figured I'd just roll with it. I have like 1 murder to my name since May so I'm not a PvP fan so I don't really feel like I'm cheating - I'm kinda just waiting to be hacked to death again and figure I may as well enjoy the wait with the kickass gear a hacker gave me.

I must say that as a legit player it kind of sucks when you read these pages and people refuse to hear your end of the issue.

shoe on the other foot and the random people on here who say "sucks to be you" would be the first to get angry.

hopefully the trolls here *might* be able to understand what it could feel like if they went to go play right now and got banned, and stop calling everyone who did hackers.

I love this game and fully support the mod but if battleye for some reason doesn't unban my game i can assure that i wont be getting another copy until standalone.

This mod might be amazing but if the standalone uses battleye you couldn't pay me to take a free copy.

Obviously I've got nothing better to do at 2 a.m.

I personally am not saying sucks to be you or that you cheated....What I am saying is that There is no need for you to state your case. Your side of the story is obviously that you didn't cheat. Battle Eyes side of the story is that you did. Simple. You are completely wasting your time posting about it here. What do you expect it to achieve?

If I said i believe you would you feel better? Would it change anything? Submit your BAN ID to battle EYe and they'll look at it.

If the ban sticks that DOES suck for you. And if it happened to me it would suck for me. But there's nothing to be gained by coming in here and proclaiming your innocence.

If BattleEYe listened to every ones "side of the story" when they got banned. They'd be listening to bullshit all day long. So they have to trust in their software. And you have agreed to trust in their software too (remember that thing called the LICENSE AGREEMENT that you didn't read. ) You're right in that if it happened to me I'd be pissed.

But it didn't happen to me it happened to you. So take the steps available to you and try to get it worked out. The reason they don't want to hear your side of the story is because they already know your side of the story. It's same as everyone elses.

Edited by playZ

Well, I was able to jump on and play for a good hour with no issues, with edited config files (PC tweaks for better fps) and the newest Beta patch. Had no problems on my end, though I saw a few dead bodies with soldier skins and high end guns littered about, and a lot of other player bodies that were un-lootable even though they were holding guns. I think 2 people were booted by BE while I was playing though I don't recall the reason it posted...

Glad people are being banned, but hopefully no legit players are. *shrug*

Side note: It was nice being able to play for an hour and not be killed by a scripter, or thunderdomed though. That might have just been luck however... or Beye working....

Edited by Buick72
  • Like 3

lol class action

lol

Ha! I know, right? Over $30? $30 might be a lot for some people, but lawsuit a lot? That's just silly.

Will they ban if a hacker changes gear in your inventory? this happened to me, but since you can't respawn anymore I figured I'd just roll with it. I have like 1 murder to my name since May so I'm not a PvP fan so I don't really feel like I'm cheating - I'm kinda just waiting to be hacked to death again and figure I may as well enjoy the wait with the kickass gear a hacker gave me.

Exactly :)

Well, I was able to jump on and play for a good hour with no issues, with edited config files (PC tweaks for better fps) and the newest Beta patch.

This is good news for me.

Obviously I've got nothing better to do at 2 a.m.

I personally am not saying sucks to be you or that you cheated....What I am saying is that There is no need for you to state your case. Your side of the story is obviously that you didn't cheat. Battle Eyes side of the story is that you did. Simple. You are completely wasting your time posting about it here. What do you expect it to achieve?

If I said i believe you would you feel better? Would it change anything? Submit your BAN ID to battle EYe and they'll look at it.

If the ban sticks that DOES suck for you. And if it happened to me it would suck for me. But there's nothing to be gained by coming in here and proclaiming your innocence.

If BattleEYe listened to every ones "side of the story" when they got banned. They'd be listening to bullshit all day long. So they have to trust in their software. And you have agreed to trust in their software too (remember that thing called the LICENSE AGREEMENT that you didn't read. ) You're right in that if it happened to me I'd be pissed.

But it didn't happen to me it happened to you. So take the steps available to you and try to get it worked out. The reason they don't want to hear your side of the story is because they already know your side of the story. It's same as everyone elses.

Turns out I was not banned, just happened to have something go corrupt in my dayz files earlier. So now I personally can't attest to being a victim of being banned this way, so who knows what the truth is,

But really, telling people not to come and tell their side of the story just because people who do cheat say the same thing?

That's like saying don't ever plead not guilty to a felony you didn't commit, because you know all those guilty jerks always say the same thing!

I mean you've got nothing to do at 2 am, so why are you so critical about how others are wasting their time discussing this? Perhaps people who were banned might want to discuss that in fitting topic like this?

Who's to say they haven't already contacted Battle Eye and tried to get this resolved? For some reason you enjoy inferring that all of your readers are all oblivious to every single fact you're stating.

There's simply no need for you act like a complete know-it-all and talk down to people about license agreements.

• Like 3

You are completely wasting your time posting about it here. What do you expect it to achieve?

If I said i believe you would you feel better? Would it change anything?

Because i have nothing better to do because i was banned from a game i adored, Allow me to answer and summarize my last post because very obviously you didn't bother to do much besides skim it before quoting it.

Why we posted here was to attempt to get support from others who had the same problem, at least i did. what can it achieve, well as much as a link to support you wont hear back from. If you had bothered to read my post you would see there is not many places for us to post about it. Let me pose a question being you wanted to personally attack my post with out reading or understanding it, If it was you, a friend or family member would you come down from the high, high horse you road in on and maybe show some understanding to the fact we didn't ask you to judge but to be an understanding part of the community? What makes you think for one minute that we all didn't send an email and AFTER that fact come here because we cant do the thing we wanted to do (play dayz). So yes it would make us feel better and yes it would change something, we might not feel abandoned by the community that we came to for support.

Edited by jesustheripper
  • Like 2

Hmm, little worried myself, haven't logged in though yet, I see some guy claiming all he did was edit the arma.cfg file to improve performance and got banned. I did that too. Saw it on that massive thread on graphical improvements in the new player forum. It worked like a charm too, no longer laggy but I didn't notice any difference in how the game looked.

Did anyone else enter those and NOT get banned? I'd like to know. Saying if you did get banned doesn't mean much, any hacker can use an excuse.

Hahahahaa, iam totaly happy to run a non-Hive non-BE Server with my own Scriptchecking tool, the banns came latly with 1-2days after hacking but they comming and iam sure that this are real bans :D

congratulations to BE .. shit as hell, easy to bypass

Suddenly, wandering around with hacked weapons because you 'didn't script them in yourself' feels pretty silly :D

If I had any I'd be sticking them in a Z corpse and hiding it as soon as I logged in. :ph34r:

• Like 1

You all hacked and got caught

/closed

Tell us more, mysterious psychic.

Not even hacked, your attitude just stinks.

If I had any I'd be sticking them in a Z corpse and hiding it as soon as I logged in. :ph34r:

Thats also a fault of Rocket, if this are HIVE server and the EQ is saved to the hive, why the hell the weapons get saved? Why this "non-DayZ" weapons just dont get deleted on reconnect? ;)

Hmm, little worried myself, haven't logged in though yet, I see some guy claiming all he did was edit the arma.cfg file to improve performance and got banned. I did that too. Saw it on that massive thread on graphical improvements in the new player forum. It worked like a charm too, no longer laggy but I didn't notice any difference in how the game looked.

Did anyone else enter those and NOT get banned? I'd like to know. Saying if you did get banned doesn't mean much, any hacker can use an excuse.

I changed mine and was able to play for an hour just now with no issues. I'd try it out on more servers but I am about to fall asleep at my desk. Will do more checking tomorrow...

I got a global ban today and absolutely have not ever touched any hacks or scripts or anything of the sort.

I am at a loss right now...I feel like I've had money stolen from me. I only registered on the forums today to see if anyone else was in the same boat. There is a whole thread on reddit where people are saying the same thing.

http://www.reddit.co...4r/global_bans/

This needs to be looked into. This many legit players being banned - something has got to be wrong with battle eye. It's almost laughable...you go play the game and it's goddamn infested with hackers and then legit players get banned....and i don't have a little brother who was playing on my computer to get it banned.

Alot of theories seem to be popping up but I never touched Lingor or custom skins either. I'm on beta patch 95724 and use DayZCommander to launch the game.

I'm making this post to see if other players here have also encountered this - please speak up if so.

edit: If you have nothing to add other than "stop complaining" please do not respond. This post is for discussion with people in the same boat as myself. I really don't need to be told to suck it up.

of course a hacker is going to say they don't hack cuz they want to get their shit back and not be banned.

if battleeye did ban some people in error, it will be reversed globally, individual crying on the forums is not going to help

this same shit happened in APB Reloaded

Battleye isn't gonna go 'Bah, I hate thet personz! Bann hiim!'

If you've been banned unjustly, then go bitch about it to Battleye support. Doing it here isn't doing you any favours

• Like 1

Just letting you all know I got a script ban message from battleeye and when i logged back in 5 minutes later all was fine.

It was a fake message, as I've never used scripts.

Yeah battleye just felt like banning people because it was bored haha

You all hacked, got caught thinking your bypasses were solid and now crying like bitches because your patents won't give you another 15 quid to buy it again, so your having to resort to selling your Pokemon cards.

/closed

• Like 1

qq you got taken out in the purge, having like 2% innocent people banned is acceptable collateral for the reduced amount of hacking since today

I just did some googling and after looking around on a public forum that gives tutorials and downloads for injecting scripts into the game, it looks as though the highest viewed thread has a bunch of people posting how they have been globally banned within the last day. What an interesting coincidence. Looks as though BE either released a silent update that is catching script injectors, or just did a ban wave. Win Win.

• Like 1