hunter2123

Official US 1040 Colony Thread

Mostly seen 40mm HE used(M203) in the scripts. Not sure what the hell to call it tho, artillery-lite?

This colony idea just sounds like a complete disaster.

/facepalm to whoever thought this would turn out well

Edited by TimeDeatH

You guys still there? Im near the coast but I want to trade a m9sd that Im bored with and that seems like a good place to do so

Yea we are still here come on by. We have the chopper flying around picking people up around the coast.

This colony idea just sounds like a complete disaster.

/facepalm to whoever thought this would turn out well

Oh shit you think so? Damn.... guess I'd better stop enjoying it so much then. Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Bring it.

I second this idea.

• Like 1

Colony has been moved. New location will not be given out via DayZ forums, the OP will update tomorrow when I wake up with the new information.

Less people that know = less commotion.

If I may suggest an idea to you guys, it might have been brough up before, but I wanted to make sure...

Seems you have 3 types of problems with the colony: Hackers, Ghosters, Betrayers.

Hackers and ghosters you can't really do much about, there's no means of defending yourselves from them. But betrayers can be worked around. There was a video of a guy blowing up your colony with satchel charges, he came in as a friendly. He had those charges on his main inventory so you couldn't see them.

My idea is simple. A "tin can test". Fill a tent nearby the main entrance with tin cans and have the survivors entering take enough to fill their main inventory. This way, you'll make sure they aren't hiding granades or satchels, and since you can check their back-packs, it should make welcoming people much safer.

Also, allowing people to roam free inside the colony might be a bit dangerous.

• Like 2

I've never seen such a collection of assholes, including admins in any game ever, you fucks are the reason dayz alpha should have been CLOSED to the general public, and the reason we shut down our motherfucking server.

Colony information is being put up on our website as I type this. You need to register to see the area with the information. May add a 5 post limit also.

Proof you guys are using the ESP map hack @14:45 of my video. Admin abuse @16:50 when the server was restarted for "hacking" even though you had no proof. Even more admin abuse @17:00 when some random person was banned also with no proof. I won't even bother reporting you as plenty of other people seem to already be doing so but I will offer them some additional video evidence that they can use if they wish. Lets see what bullshit excuses you have to offer to explain this.

P.S. I have video of when I entered the complex in a friendly manner so as no one can suggest that I ghosted in. I even talked to one of your guys, no inviso hacks either, and he was just a few meters away from one of the satchels I placed (close call lol).

• Like 3

Proof you guys are using the ESP map hack @14:45 of my video. Admin abuse @16:50 when the server was restarted for "hacking" even though you had no proof. Even more admin abuse @17:00 when some random person was banned also with no proof. I won't even bother reporting you as plenty of other people seem to already be doing so but I will offer them some additional video evidence that they can use if they wish. Lets see what bullshit excuses you have to offer to explain this.

P.S. I have video of when I entered the complex in a friendly manner so as no one can suggest that I ghosted in. I even talked to one of your guys, no inviso hacks either, and he was just a few meters away from one of the satchels I placed (close call lol).

Wait, so you're saying they should just roll over and never reset when people hack and blow up the base? Because they're blown up by hackers pretty freakin' often. You're right that they should have recognized the difference between an airstrike and satchels. But it's still pretty understandable that, since most people have never even seen or heard a satchel, it's hard to believe that someone managed to plant and blow up a ton of them in your base. If anything, you should be mad at the developers for allowing hacking to be so indistinguishable from real gameplay. Or you should just chill the fuck out, and recognize that while server admin rules are really important, it's hard to observe them when you're the target of vast amounts of hacking.

You seem to ignore that they talk about suddenly going unconscious without being shot. So even if you weren't hacking, someone else was. I'd imagine they'd almost have to assume the explosion was an airstrike or some other form of hacking if they know that at least one person is hacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using ESP map as an admin, since that seems like the only reasonable way to determine, on the spot, who is probably hacking. I just really don't understand why you're mad. You blew up their base and really pissed them off, so you accomplished your mission. Hell, a server reset would give you your satchels back and rebuild their base, allowing you to bomb it again without having to wait. I feel bad for the guys who got banned, and I hope they appeal, but they'll probably just move onto another server.

It should be noted that I'm not affiliated with 1040. I've been to the base once, and think what they're doing is cool. I'm pretty sure everyone involved and everyone who wants to be involved is pretty pissed off that there's a chance the server could be brought down due to how hard it is to manage a server that is the target of so much hacking. I'm pretty sure there are almost no other bases like this that do not require clan membership to enter.

Wait, so you're saying they should just roll over and never reset when people hack and blow up the base? Because they're blown up by hackers pretty freakin' often. You're right that they should have recognized the difference between an airstrike and satchels. But it's still pretty understandable that, since most people have never even seen or heard a satchel, it's hard to believe that someone managed to plant and blow up a ton of them in your base. If anything, you should be mad at the developers for allowing hacking to be so indistinguishable from real gameplay. Or you should just chill the fuck out, and recognize that while server admin rules are really important, it's hard to observe them when you're the target of vast amounts of hacking.

You seem to ignore that they talk about suddenly going unconscious without being shot. So even if you weren't hacking, someone else was. I'd imagine they'd almost have to assume the explosion was an airstrike or some other form of hacking if they know that at least one person is hacking.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using ESP map as an admin, since that seems like the only reasonable way to determine, on the spot, who is probably hacking. I just really don't understand why you're mad. You blew up their base and really pissed them off, so you accomplished your mission. Hell, a server reset would give you your satchels back and rebuild their base, allowing you to bomb it again without having to wait. I feel bad for the guys who got banned, and I hope they appeal, but they'll probably just move onto another server.

It should be noted that I'm not affiliated with 1040. I've been to the base once, and think what they're doing is cool. I'm pretty sure everyone involved and everyone who wants to be involved is pretty pissed off that there's a chance the server could be brought down due to how hard it is to manage a server that is the target of so much hacking. I'm pretty sure there are almost no other bases like this that do not require clan membership to enter.

Bro Kenwei isn't mad. But these guys on US 1040 restart the sever whenever something bad happens to them. Being a sever admin is no excuse for hacking and they ban everyone who is a threat to them.

Bro Kenwei isn't mad. But these guys on US 1040 restart the sever whenever something bad happens to them. Being a sever admin is no excuse for hacking and they ban everyone who is a threat to them.

They don't restart every time something bad happens to them. RTFT. There are a bunch of instances where they don't bother restarting after everyone gets killed at the colony. They've had people walk in and blow up satchels on themselves and they haven't restarted. They restart when they think someone airstrikes them, because they have no way to prevent it and it's a hack. It happens to them constantly, so it's very easy to think that something that looks just like hacking would be treated like hacking.

Kenwei's post is the first post that in any way convincingly shows what would be termed as admin abuse in a 14 page thread documenting a ton of hacking, a ton of griefing (which no one has said is bad), and a ton of whining by some of the griefers. If you look at the video it's description is full of derogatory language aimed at 1040 and its admins, which, to me, means anger. I don't understand why anyone would be angry at 1040 for what's going on. If anything, this thread should either lead to entertainment for the peanut gallery, or disappointment in the people who play this game both because of the hacking and the inability to properly respond to it.

"You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs."

You mad bro? Or do I need to bring up the rules on hacking as well?

"You are not permitted to ban for suspected cheats or exploits of a non-server-disruptive nature, including but not limited to ghosting, unverified cheating, duping and similar, UNLESS you have solid evidence, IE logs."

You mad bro? Or do I need to bring up the rules on hacking as well?

Kenwei's post is the first post that in any way convincingly shows what would be termed as admin abuse in a 14 page thread documenting a ton of hacking, a ton of griefing (which no one has said is bad), and a ton of whining by some of the griefers.

So I don't have to bother responding, right? Since I already addressed this and you just didn't bother to read it?

Look, I get that there is finally evidence that there are times when this group has abused their admin positions. They're trying to maintain order on their server and undo the damage done by hackers. They're clearly confused as to when someone is hacking and when someone isn't. When you're dealing with this much hacking, that's to be expected.

I'm asking for a reasonable response from people, not a "BURN THE WITCH!!" kinda response where the second an admin steps out of line the server gets taken down. If we used the same mentality, you should probably be banned for using what were probably duped (though hopefully not by you) satchels. Using weapons that are gotten by hacking, even when you weren't the one hacking, is a ban-able offense in most servers. I understand that this is completely different from using hacked weapons, but the point is that you're calling for blood just because you want the colony taken down, not because you actually care that much about server admin rules.

Kenwei's post is the first post that in any way convincingly shows what would be termed as admin abuse in a 14 page thread documenting a ton of hacking, a ton of griefing (which no one has said is bad), and a ton of whining by some of the griefers.

So I don't have to bother responding, right? Since I already addressed this and you just didn't bother to read it?

All I hear are excuses and whining by you on behalf of the server admins lol.

Using weapons that are gotten by hacking, even when you weren't the one hacking, is a ban-able offense in most servers.

Rocket actually specified that using hacked equipment is fine as long as you didn't hack it in yourself. Any admin that bans a noob for not knowing they picked up a hacked weapon is breaking the rules.

but the point is that you're calling for blood just because you want the colony taken down, not because you actually care that much about server admin rules.

I never called "for blood" or for anyone to take the colony down. I merely said "I won't even bother reporting you [...] but I will offer [...] video evidence [...] if they wish." I would have hoped that an aerospace engineer would be able to get their facts straight... guess I was wrong.

Everything is currently down due to a asshat with a cmd prompt.

Hope he doesn't like internet, wont be able to get it for 10 years after this report goes through :)