griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Please explain to me how a "Good" gaming computer would cost 600$, most high teir graphics cards and proccers cost around 300-500$.

My computer which cost me £605 (Keyboard/Mouse,Monitor,Fan,Power Supply,Tower,Win 7 inclusive) so around $900 plays most games on high including dayz, I know it's not $600 but i'm not sure about US pricing, all I know is that anyone in the UK who wants one, go to maplin, say you want to buy the parts to a new computer and ask them to build it, you pay for the parts and they build it for free, the best sevice i've ever known and it runs brilliantly, I have a quad core 3.6ghz AMD CPU that can be overclocked to 4.2 and has a core unlocker that lets it run 6 core, 8gb ram, asus HD6770 GPU and 1tb hardrive. Those probably cost me only £350 so reasonably, if you had enough space on your hardrive, you could upgrade your current desktop computer for £250 (~$500) to get a new mobo with RAM and CPU and a new graphics card. I won't ever have to buy a new computer ever again unless the sizing changes dramatically on parts.

30 pages and still on topic. Grats.

30 pages and still no confirmation on engine? *sadface*

Still no pre-order button?

I refuse to pre-order the stand-alone game until you make a pre-order button!

D:

[FIXED] Pre-Order Button: The Pre order button works now if your leg is broken.

• Like 2

30 pages and still no confirmation on engine? *sadface*

It will be made public when everything is set in stone...devs don't want to announce something that they can't back up.
  • Like 2

It will be made public when everything is set in stone...devs don't want to announce something that they can't back up.

Ty for answer.

Anyway, you guys got my ax... i mean beans!

Edited by Eccentric

Hmm. I think that you should look at other games and see what kind of cheat protection they have. Look at VALVE for instance with their Valve Anti Cheat client which really is epic. Cheat on a game? Banned within a month!

Try to learn from battle eye's mistakes and improve on it.

preorder.png

Click the button to preorder dayzgame

I give you this button icon, so no excuse to wait any longer ! GO

Do i get the uber leet .50 cal quickscopez DLC if i preorder now?

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

make your mind up, is the patch 3 weeks late or 8 days?

Go play Lingor island then if you think they're doing such a great job, we wont miss you or your stinky attitude.

When the current patch came out was late a week. After 3 days there was supposed to be an hotfix specifically for the graphical glitches. That was like 2-3 weeks ago. Hotfix didn't come out, instead it was supposed to be rolled in new patch at a later date. That date was the 1th of this month. Gone, no patch. Now we are told that the new version will jump a number and be 1.7.3 instead of 1.7.2.5. Ok, whatever the number it doesn't change anything to me. You can call it 1.8 if you like it. maybe you didn't realize but every single update is late, don't fix shit at about all the bugs that WE report, instead add more bugs. Then we got the tread of each patch closed. Nice move, Not. My stinky attitude, as you call it, is the reflection of what is going on, simple as. And yes i'm already playing only lingor and i'll tell you there are so few hackers and bullshit compared to the official one. Not you not missing me, is the opposite! Maybe someone should take notice but with so many interviews to do and sterile announcement something got lost. Woof woof, gooby pls

What will be the differences between DayZ-Mod and DayZ-Game in the middle and in the long run? A rough estimate would be more than sufficient.

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

How about generating maps on the run?

"Seven Cities of Gold" did this on a world scale in 1984 on a C64.

Can't wait for game ... Is it definately using the arma 3 engine and will it be at gamescom this august ?

Excellent news, I hope they do put a good price on it too $60-80.

This will keep the idiots and hackers away.

i me an idiot and i will buy even at 100 bucks =D

so you are wrong

• Like 1

When the current patch came out was late a week. After 3 days there was supposed to be an hotfix specifically for the graphical glitches. That was like 2-3 weeks ago. Hotfix didn't come out, instead it was supposed to be rolled in new patch at a later date. That date was the 1th of this month. Gone, no patch. Now we are told that the new version will jump a number and be 1.7.3 instead of 1.7.2.5. Ok, whatever the number it doesn't change anything to me. You can call it 1.8 if you like it. maybe you didn't realize but every single update is late, don't fix shit at about all the bugs that WE report, instead add more bugs. Then we got the tread of each patch closed. Nice move, Not. My stinky attitude, as you call it, is the reflection of what is going on, simple as. And yes i'm already playing only lingor and i'll tell you there are so few hackers and bullshit compared to the official one. Not you not missing me, is the opposite! Maybe someone should take notice but with so many interviews to do and sterile announcement something got lost. Woof woof, gooby pls

Meeeep. No one likes ur crying. If it bores you, don't complain about it here, go play another game. The mod is free.

EPIC! Cant wait to see it fully released! Well done rocket on this amazing project!

Which will be first, pre-order button, or engine announcement? :/

My question and it may be to early to answer what is the likely odds that if your computer can run dayz now it will be able to run the standalone game?

My question and it may be to early to answer what is the likely odds that if your computer can run dayz now it will be able to run the standalone game?

Rocket said if you can run Arma II you can run Arma III.

Which will be first, pre-order button, or engine announcement? :/

I'm figuring engine. And maybe we will here something at Gamescom.

Great news, can't wait. Hope the game stays true to it's roots.

I would gladly pre order this game now if it helped along development.

hi,

Very good new. I hope the best for Rocket and his team.

If standalone uses ArmA3 engine, I can't wait to see the new PhysX features. It should solve a lot of AI pathfinding and collision issues (no more crazy zig zaging and no more broken legs when you open a door :thumbsup: :beans: ).

Now my question is Dismemberment or not dismemberment?

I just hope they will add it because now it should be possible to mod dismemberment in ArmA3.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

When the current patch came out was late a week. After 3 days there was supposed to be an hotfix specifically for the graphical glitches. That was like 2-3 weeks ago. Hotfix didn't come out, instead it was supposed to be rolled in new patch at a later date. That date was the 1th of this month. Gone, no patch. Now we are told that the new version will jump a number and be 1.7.3 instead of 1.7.2.5. Ok, whatever the number it doesn't change anything to me. You can call it 1.8 if you like it. maybe you didn't realize but every single update is late, don't fix shit at about all the bugs that WE report, instead add more bugs.

Wholly agreed. I emailed support and said that the community is straight up in the dark about ETA's and Graphical Artifacts etc.. they said the team is diligently working on the new update (every email i got back was roughly 1 sentence that vaguely addressed every question i had asked in my emails).. Then an hour or so after that email they finally updated the post to finally tell us that they aren't on vacation after all. No ETA still (sounds like a long time until the patch will go live), meaning the (arguably) best / most fun areas in the game are off limits due to my entire screen covered in "Artifacts", leaving about 0 to 30 degrees of vision.

Edited by forfoon
  • Like 1