griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I cannot wait to ragdoll 5+ zombos with a jeep. Honestly I don't think people have discussed the physics benefit of the VR4 engine enough. No more cars warping through obstacles and then blowing up 20 feet down the road. No more zombies taking 3 steps after eating an AK round... I can't wait to mow down a pack of zombos with a shotgun and watch them fly back into each other.

Bring on VR4 and the standalone!

This. ^ We need physics.

• Like 2

I had pretty much taken it for granted that all games had ragdoll... then I played arma 2 and dayz. I think ragdoll was just becoming a standard around the time arma 2 was released, so I understand why it's not there.

There have been so many times that i've shot a zombo running at full tilt and just wished he'd do a cartwheel... just once!

I made an account for this website (which I never register with forums) to just say this is the one game that I WILL BUY, and has amazing potential and has shown an amazing already produced product please... "Bring it!".

I got minecraft in alpha for £5 so is that the pricing and will it continue to go up such as beta was £10 and normal is £17?

hopefully the game will release very soon. and i mean like next month.

it can't take that long to copy and paste arma 2 codes, create servers, and make more codes for simple aplha version of dayz.

right?... RIGHT?!! :(

it can't take that long to copy and paste arma 2 codes, create servers, and make more codes for simple aplha version of dayz.

Probably 2 - 3 more months. :(

Not sure why everyone is so excited with ragdolls as they are imho as realistic as predefined animations :) There are already better solutions for this (see Euphoria from NaturalMotion http://www.naturalmotion.com/products/euphoria/) - these would make me really excited!

Arma definitely needs better physics though - hope even for soft body tyres and such...

• Like 1

Not sure why everyone is so excited with ragdolls

What?

You do realize that the lack of ragdoll is one of the major causes of weird problems with the game right now right?

What?

You do realize that the lack of ragdoll is one of the major causes of weird problems with the game right now right?

Can you give some examples of the problems you think are being caused by the lack of ragdolls?

my fps have dropped of a cliff. im LUCKY to get 20, thats a spike for me currently, and every 4 or 5 steps even in a forest i get sharp dips down to 5-7 fps. makes it really hard to do anything, and i currently stand no chance in any kind of pvp encounter. and no, its not my system.

will this be different in the stand alone? or is the arma3 engine going to have the same kind of difficulty? monitoring my resources it seems arma2 uses less then half of what i got, and changing settings seems to have no effect. is there a way to make the game take advantage of the resources it for some reason does not use? is it safe to assume the standalone will be coded better and actually use the resources available to it? i just cant justify spending money on it in current form, even just $5, especially to my wife.

my fps have dropped of a cliff. im LUCKY to get 20, thats a spike for me currently, and every 4 or 5 steps even in a forest i get sharp dips down to 5-7 fps. makes it really hard to do anything, and i currently stand no chance in any kind of pvp encounter. and no, its not my system.

it is your system. if not explain why i get constant 60 fps almost everywhere on the map, in DAYZ.

Can you give some examples of the problems you think are being caused by the lack of ragdolls?

Problems regarding the lack ragdoll/physics

- Feedback from your actions

- Enemy movement

- Collision detection

- No entity or object interaction

Hilarious.

Rocket is blowing smoke out of his butt with his silly deadlines.

This game is so broken with a stupid amount of bugs.

I would like him to say in 6 to 8 months standalone will be ready. 3 months is not going to be enough to fix all the bugs.

I was killed by a killer tree last night, broke my leg and went to 500 blood.

Bled out and died.

Bugs being fixed in 3 months? maybe. Adding new content and fixing bugs? impossible.

Hilarious.

Rocket is blowing smoke out of his butt with his silly deadlines.

This game is so broken with a stupid amount of bugs.

I would like him to say in 6 to 8 months standalone will be ready. 3 months is not going to be enough to fix all the bugs.

I was killed by a killer tree last night, broke my leg and went to 500 blood.

Bled out and died.

Bugs being fixed in 3 months? maybe. Adding new content and fixing bugs? impossible.

The standalone is going to be released in Alpha, I don't know why you are under the impression that all the bugs will instantly be fixed.

Edited by Agent Lucien

Not sure why everyone is so excited with ragdolls as they are imho as realistic as predefined animations :) There are already better solutions for this (see Euphoria from NaturalMotion http://www.naturalmo...ducts/euphoria/) - these would make me really excited!

Arma definitely needs better physics though - hope even for soft body tyres and such...

I completely agree! This is in GTAIV, and I loved it. Not many games use this as a way to produce realistic physics. I love it.

Great idea!

If there would be a ultimate ultra awesome edition for 90$ i still would buy it

They're releasing a collectors edition that comes with a real, loaded Makarov PM and a synthetic zombie mask.

• Like 1

I completely agree! This is in GTAIV, and I loved it. Not many games use this as a way to produce realistic physics. I love it.

Great idea!

Yeah but they won't listen, I know Euphoria is expensive but the kind of sales they could make with this it's worth it.

They also need to understand, that DayZ its attracting more young players not only ArmA series elitists, they need to implement a decent Character customization system, Im talking about morphs, clothes, hair styles not silly skill sets, that's what young players want.

So they need:

Ragdoll/Havok or Euphoria

Character customization like APB Reloaded

EDIT, help them guys, they need to know we care about the product and these suggestions are going to make more sales for them

Edited by waffen-79

Problems regarding the lack ragdoll/physics

- Feedback from your actions

- Enemy movement

- Collision detection

- No entity or object interaction

I don't know any commercial game where these problems are solved by using real ragdolls. All shooters I know use a simple upright capsule to represent the player for movement purposes, the more complex hitboxes are only used for hit detection. Real ragdolls are only used when you die. Why? Because it sucks if you cannot turn from a gameplay perspective, period, nothing to discuss here. You cannot draw the "realism" card in this context because of the total lack of body awareness from the player's point of view (that's also why I prefer 3rd person servers). So a capsule is perfect because no obstacle can stop it from turning around it's up-axis. There are a few exceptions, like not being able to turn in close quarters when prone, I agree that's better than feet sticking through walls (Battlefield-style) but you need no real ragdoll setup to avoid that.

And about "enemy movement", I don't understand the problem. If you want the ragdoll to influence the movement, you need some really advanced animation system like "Euphoria" which most people know from GTA IV. But there are a lot of games with proper movement without such complex systems. But as I don't understand your problem with "enemy movement" I don't know which aspects you'd like to see improved, so I can't say much more about this.

• Like 1

Yeah but they won't listen, I know Euphoria is expensive but the kind of sales they could make with this it's worth it.

They also need to understand, that DayZ its attracting more young players not only ArmA series elitists, they need to implement a decent Character customization system, Im talking about morphs, clothes, hair styles not silly skill sets, that's what young players want.

So they need:

Ragdoll/Havok or Euphoria

Character customization like APB Reloaded

EDIT, help them guys, they need to know we care about the product and these suggestions are going to make more sales for them

Character customization like Saint's Row : The Third or MGO2.

And yes, young people want character customization. Me is 18 ^^

• Like 1

it is your system. if not explain why i get constant 60 fps almost everywhere on the map, in DAYZ.

its not my system. there is something in the code somewhere conflicting with my system. that doesnt make it a system problem or a mod problem. it makes it a compatibility problem. something needs to be optimized somewhere, and since i have nothing to do with developing either one, (arma is different than anything ive seen before) i dont know where the problem is. rocket says its an easy fix for the standalone, which tells me it IS in arma (engine). no other program i have ever ran on my system has had such issues, its with arma/mod (or in between). if it would use more than 25-30% of system resources, which is clearly a widespread issue, it would run much better. that is not in the system. the resources are there, they are just not being used.

but thanks for trying to come up with an intelligent solution. appreciate that.

Edited by sivart

i dont know why it doubled posts all the time...

Edited by sivart