griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

i'm happy for the whole team behind Dayz mod...hope they can make a hell of a game out of it that will keep be hooked for a long long time.

• Like 1

If they're going for a Minecraft-style payment plan, I'll happily sign up day 1. Otherwise being able to redeem your ARMA II key for a coupon would be nice.

That's just epic, THANKS.

Do u guys know if it will be released before 2013?

and this just made my year.. epicness! i will throw 100$ at the stand alone if that is what it takes..

wish they would concentrate 100% on the stand alone instead of both.. unless updating the mod is rly rly easy..

btw u should make a donation button so i have a place to throw my money at

If they're going for a Minecraft-style payment plan, I'll happily sign up day 1. Otherwise being able to redeem your ARMA II key for a coupon would be nice.

lol redeem your arma2 wtf... it would be like ppl redeeming their HL1 for HL2.. doesnt make any sense at all.. if u worried that u wont have enough money for the stand alone when its going minecraft style then u should spend like 2 days collecting bottles and boom there u go

I'm not usually one to complain about things, but I still don't see a pre-order button..

wtf! I want my pre-order button right now!

This is ridiculous, I've been waiting forever and still no pre-order button!

I refuse to play the stand-alone, until there is a pre-order button!

(I am doing it right?) :P

I can't believe anyone's complaining about having to pay more than $20 for the Standalone. Rocket's going to do a great job with whatever engine he chooses. ArmAII, ArmAIII...hell, they may even create their own for the purpose of the game. It seems to be that this is all speculation though.

Don't expect anything. I'm not bagging on Rocket and the Dev Team, I'm just saying that your play experience will be more fun when you just accept what's given to you. It'll be more fun in the long run ;)

Hey Is there anyway to redeem Armed Assault or Operation Flashpoint too?

If I had only known about DayZ going standalone in 2001 I might have waited.

• Like 1

This better be awesome and not just another ''pay more money for the same thing'' deal that the gaming industry has been pulling on us for some time now.

A better engine then Arma 2 engine is the least one could ask for if we are going to be charged again (yes I only got operation arrowhead to play DayZ, Had arma 2 for ages and didnt like it)

New map would be nice aswell or else I keep my moneyz

I'm not greedy or pissed. All I'm saying is that we can actually demand some quality game to be released and not a half finished product 'under construction'. Its kinda rockets job now to blow our minds with an epic game that is going to completely change the zombie game genre more then DayZ arma 2 mod did

Edited by Captain Kirk

With this announced should i just wait for DayZ standalone? i was going to buy Arma 2 to get Dayz but i dont wanna drop 30$ and then a couple months later you guys drop standalone

although its probably been mentioned already I will get the standalone but if it costs more than $20 than I will consider not getting arma 3 on pre-order because than I'll be spending so much money on technically the same game at one time. I would like to see that if you buy DayZ or if you buy Arma 3 you get a $5 off coupon for the other game. I think in a marketing kind of way this will give BI excellent profits as they will end up in a win-win situation when DayZ players are more obligated to buy Arma 3 as they normally would not.

As will be release in alpha build, i guess that will be soon right? It wont take too much time?

With this announced should i just wait for DayZ standalone? i was going to buy Arma 2 to get Dayz but i dont wanna drop 30$ and then a couple months later you guys drop standalone

Only you can make that call.

You wanna play DayZ now or in a couple of months?

As will be release in alpha build, i guess that will be soon right? It wont take too much time?

October-november.

5 bucks on November.

Edited by Dallas

I am excited for a standlone game off of arma III. Money really isn't an issue. I will pay for quality and a hacker free game. Hacking is just retarted atm. I have a feeling that the price point will be low. even if it's 30 bucks. 30 * 500,000 = $15,000,000(given that the full 1 mil of unique players probably won't buy the game, let's just say half for right now).

That's not too shabby. What i want to know is when BI will be publicly traded on the stock market!!

Although the Arma 3 engine would be adequate I hope that it will use it's own 'DayZ' engine. Even if it's a highly modified version of the Arma 3 engine. If they use the Arma 3 engine right out of the box they will start to run into a lot of the same issues they are having now with the Arma 2 engine. As great as the Arma 3 engine is it's still not really designed for a game like DayZ. I hope if it is used they give Rocket free reign to modify it as he sees fit. Otherwise it may as well just be a mod for Arma 3.

Edited by Brenelael
  • Like 1

Although the Arma 3 engine would be adequate I hope that it will use it's own 'DayZ' engine. Even if it's a highly modified version of the Arma 3 engine. If they use the Arma 3 engine right out of the box they will start to run into a lot of the same issues they are having now with the Arma 2 engine. As great as the Arma 3 engine is it's still not really designed for a game like DayZ. I hope if it is used they give Rocket free reign to modify it as he sees fit. Otherwise it may as well just be a mod for Arma 3.

I think he's pretty much gunna strip it down for his needs.

although its probably been mentioned already I will get the standalone but if it costs more than $20 than I will consider not getting arma 3 on pre-order because than I'll be spending so much money on technically the same game at one time. I would like to see that if you buy DayZ or if you buy Arma 3 you get a $5 off coupon for the other game. I think in a marketing kind of way this will give BI excellent profits as they will end up in a win-win situation when DayZ players are more obligated to buy Arma 3 as they normally would not.

OMG. So if a game uses the same engine, you should get it cheaper or maybe free? Don't know if troll, stupid or cheap. Nothing in life is free, you don't get 2 different games for the price of one just because they have the same engine.

OMG. So if a game uses the same engine, you should get it cheaper or maybe free? Don't know if troll, stupid or cheap. Nothing in life is free, you don't get 2 different games for the price of one just because they have the same engine.

I use the same logic when buying a new vehicle, I tell the salesman that since the car uses the same chassis and engine as my current car I should get the car for 25% less.

• Like 1

I use the same logic when buying a new vehicle, I tell the salesman that since the car uses the same chassis and engine as my current car I should get the car for 25% less.

When i bought my new house they gave me 50% off because my old house had wood beams and a concrete foundation too.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

wow some of this shit is getting old.

a standalone must have a single player mode. doesnt have to be connected to the multiplayer at all, but it must exist. the pvp is ridiculous these days, and combined with the hacking, id like to be able to just shoot some zombies.

Is there any news on the cost of the standalone game?

If you dont know what i mean:

Will the prize be lower or higher thant arma2?

I ask, cause i just thought about buying the game but i wouldnt do so when it will be released for under 15€ and then i just wait for the standalone...