griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

I very highly doubt that. I'd imagine so much stuff would be different, it wouldn't even be possible. + I think it'll be awesome for a total reset for everyone. Start fresh!

Absolutely start with a fresh sheet for all including the cheaters.

Personally i hope the bloke who makes the maps for Arma (cant remember his name but clever fellow) makes one 4 times as big for retail DayZ and includes hidden stuff caves/ abandoned military bunkers/ fortresses etc

Edited by Chimaera
  • Like 1

I bought Arma 2 to support DayZ mod without even playing it firstI figuered i can spend £20 and if turned out to be crap then its no biggy.

people who are bitching that they paid money and will now need to pay again need to wake up. The ONLY reason it's now becoming a standalone project is because peopl paid for the game, showing the company there's money to be made from itt. This is how world works companies are set up to make profit and lets be honest, if your bitching about a £20-25 then you really have other problems and shouldn't be buying any games! BI have not asked you to remortgage your house, you did it willingly and you expect them to owe you something?

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

Errrrmm, are you actually comparing SKyrim to Dayz/Arma 2?

yes Dayz/Arma2 are good fun but please do not compare them to Skyrim even when combined together.

I'm not going to to bitch about money but remember that not all of us here are 12 year olds that you can patronise, yes it was my own decision to buy Arma2 because of Dayz and I certainly don't regret it, but you should have been less aggressive on your post and more thankful to the people who actually got you where you are at this moment.

Having said that, I don't expect he game to be free but I also don't expect to pay 3 instalments of £12.5.

I'm happy for the news and look forward to play Dayz the game in the near future.

I don't know how is the economy in your country but this game will be cheap!

you pay so much more for any other game, you pay subscription fees for any other MMO but whine when you have to pay ~$15 for a game which started as a free mod.. you are so ungrateful.. this is sad :(

Edited by debiru
  • Like 3

Errrrmm, are you actually comparing SKyrim to Dayz/Arma 2?

yes Dayz/Arma2 are good fun but please do not compare them to Skyrim even when combined together.

I think that he was only comparing the price of DayZ's standalone alpha + Arma 2 to the current price of Skyrim. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a comparison of gameplay or production quality or any of that stuff.

• Like 1

I don't know how is the economy in your country but this game will be cheap!

you pay so much more for any other game, you pay subscription fees for any other MMO but whine when you have to pay ~$15 for a game which started as a free mod.. you are so ungrateful.. this is sad :(

Can you read?

I wrote I paid for Arma2 and I don't regret it (not whining) what I will not expect to pay is several instalments (minecraft strategy) which combined together cost a lot more than a one time pay for a decent game.

and the whole point of the post wast to highlight the lack of respect for people who paid the game with an aggressive comment from Griff.

Can you read?

I wrote I paid for Arma2 and I don't regret it (not whining) what I will not expect to pay is several instalments (minecraft strategy) which combined together cost a lot more than a one time pay for a decent game.

and the whole point of the post wast to highlight the lack of respect for people who paid the game with an aggressive comment from Griff.

my message was addressed to everyone who whine not to you specifically, sorry if it seemed the other way

and regarding the aggressive comment - they are people.. it's understandable that they lose their temper when you have this forum full of whining ungrateful people.. games are so expensive nowadays yet everyone are buying them, why is it so hard to pay for DayZ? it's not like you have to sell your kidney or something...

• Like 1

what I will not expect to pay is several instalments (minecraft strategy) which combined together cost a lot more than a one time pay for a decent game.

You are obviously misinformed about the Minecraft model - you only pay for the game once, not multiple times. What you pay simply depends on how early you buy it.

• Like 1

I am slighty concerned with the we are building the stand alone along side working on the mod.Wont that just split resources also if they are going for a "minecraft" style pricing structure "join up early while we are still building it for a discount". Would it not make sence to put sole focus on the stand alone.

Also congrats dayz team :D

Edited by Spygon

I am slighty concerned with the we are building the stand alone along side working on the mod.Wont that just split resources also if they are going for a "minecraft" style pricing structure "join up early while we are still building it for a discount". Would it not make sence to put sole focus on the stand alone.

Also congrats dayz team :D

I think that because the engines are very closely related, this may not be such a strain on the dev team as it sounds, also being developed in parallel doesn't necessarily mean that they will both be implementing the same features together, although we will have to see as this is just speculation at this point.

You are obviously misinformed about the Minecraft model - you only pay for the game once, not multiple times. What you pay simply depends on how early you buy it.

You are right, if that is the case then I'm willing to "invest" early and pay less for the alpha if I get the final product for free as there is some "risk" involved.

I hope not, if you are in the US steam is great, if you are in EU steam is stealing your money. Why? because 1$ =/= 1€.

Why should some people pay 20$ for a game while others have to pay 20€.

I think there are no betas or alphas on Steam, so I don't think that there will be a Steamversion for now. However if a version is coming, I hope I can add it to steam after I've purchased the alpha already.

There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

So this means that you can still play DayZ with arma II?

I think there are no betas or alphas on Steam, so I don't think that there will be a Steamversion for now. However if a version is coming, I hope I can add it to steam after I've purchased the alpha already.

There have been a lot of Betas on steam.

super monday night combat, Dota 2, CS: GO, and a couple others i cant think of off the bat have had there betas on steam. You are right about about alphas though.

• Like 1

So this means that you can still play DayZ with arma II?

Yes, we can

Edited by Blaf

Huge Congrats to everybody who worked on this game. I think its amazing that its going to happen. For me its not about how much is it going to cost or the politics its about the experience. An experience so far im very thankful for.

• Like 2

There have been a lot of Betas on steam.

super monday night combat, Dota 2, CS: GO, and a couple others i cant think of off the bat have had there betas on steam. You are right about about alphas though.

There was an alpha on Steam not too long ago. Endless Space. If you pre-ordered it you got instant access to the alpha.

It's entirely possible DayZ will make it onto Steam.

Also, Steam is introducing Steam Greenlight at the end of August and that changes the way games get on Steam. The community votes on the games, and if DayZ were to be submitted, it would most certainly grab Valve's attention. ;)

• Like 2

Will not buy this game if it uses battleye. Doesn't ban hackers and bans innocent people like my friend.

Awwwwww , I feel like I just spoke to my sis on the phone and heard my little nephew took his first steps or something ! Good work guys happy to be part of this

Awesome.

Here's hoping the engine you pick isnt a steaming pile of dung.

Edited by Lordsarito

I hope not, if you are in the US steam is great, if you are in EU steam is stealing your money. Why? because 1$ =/= 1€.

Why should some people pay 20$ for a game while others have to pay 20€.

Because the people paying €20 for their game are in countries with much higher taxes and various other charges than those who are paying $20.