griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Where was it confirmed that its using the Arma 3 engine? It's not stated in the OP and sorry I havent read 15 prior pages because I figured they would mention any new features in the "press release" Griff has stated it will be using a new engine, he didnt say Arma 3, all he said it wont be the current engine. Minecraft is not by my definition an alpha, what problems does it have that need fixed? From what I have seen all they add are retarded updates like the ability to see new blocks which isn't really game changing when it comes to the problems DayZ face in its truly alpha state.

You really are comparing apple to oranges, I really wish companies would use the term alpha properly if they are going to use it at all so it would be a clearer definition. The only comparison it would be able to make to minecraft now is the fact that it gets updated all the time which tells me and hopefully im wrong that there will needed fixs not completed upon releasing this game.

Stop posting and wait for some actual news to develop.

• Like 1

My issue with this "Standalone are the following specs given from BI and DayZ directly"

Facts:

• The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point
  • Rocket is project lead for DayZ at Bohemia Interactive.
  • DayZ is set to follow the Minecraft pricing and development model.
  • There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game.

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknow

So essentially my issue is they PLAN to release a game at a retail price *following mine craft business plan* for about $15-25.00 IMO. They also plan to release this as an ALPHA build. My issue with it is the fact that BI KNOWS they made millions already from Arma 2 AO that they would NOT have made because of this mod. I am not complaining, I am pointing out the fact that they already made a crap load of cash they wouldn't have if this mod hadn't existed. NOW they plan to RE-RELEASE, the same product, an Alpha "game" as a Standalone to REMAKE the same money they got from this game/mod without improving the many flaws that currently exist? They say they are planning to use the Minecraft pricing and development model, sure that is a good way of saying " The game will NOT be finished upon release and there will be a ton of continues updates because we are in a rush to push a release to get the money while this game is popular." That is all I got from this press release. I will not be spending any of my cash on a "alpha" game if they do not fix the hacking, glitching and bugs that currently plague the DayZ mod. The only real benefit to all this is that it gets direct support from BI, which I am sure its had for a while now.

I'm afraid you dont have any idea how game developing works...or the entire economy....

In the end its all about the money they make of it, and they make a lot of it. So deal with it.

Congrats to the dev team. I'm a huge fan of the DayZ mod and I'm happy with it, even if it is in an Alpha :) I'm pretty sure DayZ will be a great game and i can't wait to see more informations to the standalone game and Arma 3 on the games com. And yea i think almost every Game ( today ) have some bugs but this is our world, humans make mistakes and this is good :) But i have a question to the Dev team. The standalone alpha will cost some money, but are you able to tell us how we are going to buy it? With paypal ( like minecraft), paysafecard etc. etc. ? I hope you are able to understand my bad english (: And i hope to hear from you guys :D

So...basically,DayZ will exist on Arma 2,Arma 3 and on its own at the same time?

No no.

There will be 2 DayZ's.

1) The free mod we're playing right now

2) The minecraft model based standalone game that is assumed to be using the ARMA3 engine.

ok I failed

I hope it will not be an arma enigen I hope of cry engine

Edited by Magicool

Only thing I'm worrying about... will my laptop be able to handle it :C?

I know you can't answer that ;P Just posting my thoughts D:

Edited by LT.Sacred

Only thing I'm worrying about... will my laptop be able to handle it :C?

I know you can't answer that ;P Just posting my thoughts D:

Yeah the current mod barely runs on my laptop with the lowest settings.

I'm probably going to be stuck with the mod on my laptop, only able to play the stand-alone version on my home pc.

I just hope there are places like Green Mountain, and that the "ghosts" and other spooky aspects get carried over..

One of my favourite things about DayZ as it is right now are all the scary stories and other urban legends surrounding the game. :)

• Like 2

If it's using the ArmA 3 engine (which it sounds like it likely will be) then the system requirements are going to be even higher than ArmA 2.

Also, LOL @ all the "it's going to be on it's own custom engine"...Yeah, no. I don't think BIS/Rocket are going to throw away all of the work put into the RVS engine and start from scratch for this game.

"If you can play ArmA2 you can play ArmA3"

But most probably wont play on ultra or with a 30km view distance.

It's gonna be using the RV4(ArmA3) engine, but since it's a standalone, DayZ team will be able to customize the engine, to do what they want it to do, without affecting non-DayZ ArmA3 gameplay. In DayZ mod the infected are infantery soldiers hacked to play the role as infected, with the standalone DayZ infected can be created from scratch.

• Like 2

ok I failed

I hope it will not be an arma enigen I hope of cry engine

Why on earth would they use the cryengine? BI made their own engine with this game and THEY are producing Dayz standalone. It's going to be modified version of Arma3. I'd be beyond surprised if it wasn't.

-D

Congrats to rocket!

Edited by sebastian.w

I propose to make the game at least $100-$150, my rationale for this:

1) High price point will cut down on immature people with undeveloped brains. Kids should not be playing games with such mature themes and strong emotional impact.

2) Make simulation experience more authentic along lines with Rocket's vision, let's face it children are not likely to survive zombie apocalypse.

3) Make it much more painful for hackers to get another cd key after global ban.

• Like 8

1) High price point will cut down on immature people with undeveloped brains. Kids should not be playing games with such mature themes and strong emotional impact.

2) Make simulation experience more authentic along lines with Rocket's vision, let's face it children are not likely to survive zombie apocalypse.

3) Make it much more painful for hackers to get another cd key after global ban.

When I read $100-$150 I was like "WHAT" but then I read the entire post, and can't disagree.

You forget it's the parents that buy most of the games for kids

huh? you might get 10 customers then. nobody is going to pay $150. ridiculous.

as much as i love this mod/game, even i would say piss on it.

no parents would spend that either. needs some peripherals or special controller or some kind of radio controlled zombie robot or something.

Edited by sivart

Release date: Unknown

Price: Unknown

Minimum Requirements: Unknown

How is this game "confirmed" if none of this information is known? I can't help but feel like Rocket is only doing this in retaliation to WarZ.

How is this game "confirmed" if none of this information is known? I can't help but feel like Rocket is only doing this in retaliation to WarZ.

Is that a serious question?

Edited by Griff
  • Like 1