griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Do you even realize, that we are waiting for pre-alpha version, where things are meant to be incomplete/broken/bugged.

You think if you wait a month more it will be complete, ready to release game? :lol:

Yes we are and we know full well we will likely see daily player wipes and server outages at the start.

A bit more news would be nice soon.

I personally like playing alpha builds of games. Imho I think when you allow the community help with finding bugs, and glitches it helps bring the community closer together. It also helps the game go in the direction that the community wants it to be in a way. Again this is just my opinion.

This is really awesome news, I loved playing the DayZ Mod for Arma.

I can't wait for it to be released as a standalone.

I personally like playing alpha builds of games. Imho I think when you allow the community help with finding bugs, and glitches it helps bring the community closer together. It also helps the game go in the direction that the community wants it to be in a way. Again this is just my opinion.

Plus a couple years down the line when everyone is playing it, you have the chance to be one of the people who can still say "I was here the day it dropped."

This is really awesome news, I loved playing the DayZ Mod for Arma.

I can't wait for it to be released as a standalone.

You only just found out?

I'm so jealous. Dying for this game for what seems like an eternity. :P

Pleeeeaaase do not delay. Only time I'm going to have any decent amount of playing time is during the winter break.

But it make's no sense, and i have no idea what do you mean by "done right".

Do you even realize, that we are waiting for pre-alpha version, where things are meant to be incomplete/broken/bugged.

You think if you wait a month more it will be complete, ready to release game? :lol:

We all know what's pre-alpha, why hold the standalone even further? We are ready to face the bugs.

Doesn't matter if you release it now or a month later, it still will be bugged / not complete if you think different then you're just fooling yourself.

And thats why i dont get why it's being held, building hype?

I agree with this.

If they release it this year and it has tons of bugs then you could always wait to play it next year.

Ok so I know everyone is really excited for the game alpha release, would it not be an idea to have a pre order system so that the dayz team can get some extra cash in and judge by volume of sales how popular the foundation state of the game will be? Is it to early to do something like this?

What you all think?

Jack

I'm pretty sure they are releasing in an alpha state... so why would they need testing before an alpha? I think they are already basically letting us in early. I'm happy enough with what they are doing now.

I agree with this.

If they release it this year and it has tons of bugs then you could always wait to play it next year.

It should at least be somewhat playable. Look at the current WarZ outrage. I look at the forum everyday because its so much fun to see fanboys slowly realizing how shit the game is. If you release a game too early there definitly can be some outrage and if you lose most of the customers because most people will buy immediately, they won't come back and you have a dead game.

Will be giving everyone an update on DayZ status this week for sure!

Posted 30 minutes ago.

Edited by smasht_AU

I get the impression that they couldn't release it even if they wanted to, from what little understanding I have of coding (by little I mean none) it seems they're working on the fundamental coding of the game, it seems they need to finish creating the actual engine/client/whatever before the SA would work period.

I'm happy to wait, as long as what they release is a polished version of the mod I'm happy.

Edited by Vengeance1st

I get the impression that they couldn't release it even if they wanted to, from what little understanding I have of coding (by little I mean none) it seems they're working on the fundamental coding of the game, it seems they need to finish creating the actual engine/client/whatever before the SA would work period.

I'm happy to wait, as long as what they release is a polished version of the mod I'm happy.

Honestly, if it was where the mod was a few months ago I would be happy. At least we could watch it grow again,

Cant wait for the update, <fingers crossed> its good news :)

Agreed. Considering timing this update is surely going to be stating if the game will be released before new year or after, or maybe that's just what I want to believe so I don't go insane waiting.

Honestly, this is how I used to feel about christmas when I was 5, only difference being I don't know when it's going to happen. :lol:

Agreed. Considering timing this update is surely going to be stating if the game will be released before new year or after, or maybe that's just what I want to believe so I don't go insane waiting.

Honestly, this is how I used to feel about christmas when I was 5, only difference being I don't know when it's going to happen. :lol:

Fun Fact: Rocket is actually Santa Claus.

• Like 8

Fun Fact: Rocket is actually Santa Claus.

so xmas SA release! wiiii

Edited by Tatum

The days of Christmas or the end of the world is the best days to release Dayz, I trust with dev. Dayz will be a great game, good luck to the dev team. comes the best games => December 21 or December 25 please :D :thumbsup:

The days of Christmas or the end of the world is the best days to release Dayz, I trust with dev. Dayz will be a great game, good luck to the dev team. comes the best games => December 21 or December 25 please :D :thumbsup:

I vote, Dec 10th. :blush:

• Like 1

'...beliefs according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on 21 December 2012...',

'...development focus is 100% on core technology...',

'zombie apocalypse survival horror',

'Dean “Rocket” Hall has been really pushing to get the standalone ofDayZ out before the end of 2012',

'...Nibiru...'

You know what?

I THINK WE MUST STOP 'EM

Edited by Buffalo_Soulja

I can't wait for the standalone ...

...BUT...

if the standalone will be even more alpha then the current dayz....

...AND...

if there is no mod-support (rMOD, privateserver...) ...

the standalone will be just a dayz with better gfx and the

hardcore gamer will stay in the original dayz !

On the 12th day of Christmas, Rocket sent to meee.

12 bandits killing

11 survivors surviving

10 bambis running

9 admins banning

8 zombies killing

7 makarov mags

6 cans o' beans

Daaayyyyyy Zeeeeeeee

4 teaser trailers

3 images

2 blog updates

Anddd a zombie in a pine treeeeee!

So judging by that logic, 25th is the 12th day of Chistmas, 24th is the 11th, and so on...

Soooo...

DayZ will come out on the 18th (The 5th day of Christmas) :D

But yeah, seriously, CAN'T WAIT! :D It's going to be epic, but I don't mind if it's delayed, if it needs to be. :)

• Like 6