griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Guys chill! "Too busy for twitter! DayZ tumblr update soon though I promise!" - Rocket 5 hours ago.

Are there any closer informations about Base system that will be introduced in DayZ: SA? like what we will need and how we will be able to upgrade it? what will be our options? :)

I think the last official word from Rocket is it wont make it in the official launch.

I hope standalone alpha is decent, some people might get mad about bugs etc. when buying it in alpha (cheap price). I probably just keep testing alpha but not forcing myself to play it if there are serious problems. 4 months of testing mod was probably too much because it still have problems, doing it again would be just nuts if its taking long to release game.

WarZ looked pretty promising. I have to admit that Environment graphics and effects are amazing!!! But aside of that everything else is really bad. Bad animations, bad game mechanics and bad payment options (Healing, Instant Weapon modding, and pay-to-win style).

Now it is only something like Alpha version of DayZ SA :) with unfinished everything :-D

Atm i think WarZ is better then Dayz in any Kind, i play now dayz 4 or 5 Months and its just Boring, Everyday the same try to Guard my Base shoot some Guys, Warz Brings something completly new so i think its Awesome =)

Rocket's given you all a fantastic free mod to play till your hearts content, that now, the great private hive modders have taken on and are doing great things with also, some taking DayZ in all kinds of weird and wonderful directions.

Just enjoy what you've got for now, it's not like there's long to wait anyway.

Fucking kids today have got no patience at all, not to mention basic manners, decency and a little bit of respect for others.

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 1

Lol, Alpha mod, now Alpha game release, gtfo if u think i'll pay for that shit, shame as i had high hopes for DayZ, nothing but a hacker fest now, u think the standalone will be any better? Doubtfull as engine is so heavily moddable.

As for WarZ, no way in hell will that be bought either, i'll stick with the free mod that is DayZ & take my chances.

Really?

The engine will be modified not to be so "hackable", rocket have said the code have been already implemented...so no, it wont be hackfest at this scale... every game will have always hackers, you cant get rid off them never.

Really?

The engine will be modified not to be so "hackable", rocket have said the code have been already implemented...so no, it wont be hackfest at this scale... every game will have always hackers, you cant get rid off them never.

Dont get me wrong man but i think Dayz dont make any big Steps in future, the Hacker Problem is ATM unbelievable yesterday banned 20 Guys in 2 Hours so i think thats to much at all, i hope the Dayz Standalone can handle that Hacker Problem.

I think the point is that the engine is so easy to modify and create user content that it allowed Rocket to create DayZ, when the entire industry said there's no market or interest for challenging gameplay. The point of the standalone engine is it doesn't have to be wide open to cater to user made content, because all it has to do is to run DayZ.

• Like 4

Arma engine is designed to be used in "closed" enviroment as a simulator, so there was no threat about hackers on that task that is was ment to do. As the "commander" had to be able modify mission when it was running, change equipments and shit.

Now when it came huge online game these holes and trusting engine is being abused easyly with scripts. As standalone comes the code is changed not to allow simple scripts through client. That is why the scriptkiddies will not be in standalone, but the REAL hackers will always be present, maybe not in few weeks or even months... but they will at somepoint when they learn the engine.

Blub Blub Blub, thats my opinion no reason to freaking out dude =)

I'm sorry, did I quote you?

No, I didn't.

Don't hate on a game that isn't even out yet, you say its bull to charge for early access to a game, well um Minecraft charged for Alpha, Beta, And Full, if you bought alpha you where set, if you bought Beta you where set, And if you read properly, DayZ Standalone will follow that Same Pricing and Sales just as The War Z is doing.

You've got some fair points in your post, but I think there's something shady about the way preorders and early access are being handled. I don't think it can be compared to what Minecraft did or to what DayZ is supposed to be doing in the future. The problem is that I bought the full, finished version of Minecraft 3 weeks ago (yeah, I'm late to that party) for a full price of 20€. The minimum that is asked for the pre-order beta version of WarZ is 19.42$. If you want to enter the alpha, you must pay 29.99$. Rocket said that DayZ is aiming for a price of no more than 30€ when it's fully released, and the alpha access is going to be cheap. That's the problem for me, WarZ developers are charging up to 49.99$ (full retail AAA title pricetag) for alpha access. And the incentives given to pay more than the basic pricetag are "ingame currency" and several months of "stronghold server hosting". It sounds like a money-grabbing strategy to me, so they can use DayZ's success to make quick cash, and then leave players with a sub-par product with poor support.

I honestly understand that people are being cautious about WarZ. I'm interested, but I will not preorder because of all these things I've explained. If the game turns out to be legit and fun, I will probably buy it when it's released, but DayZ alpha will be out by then, so I don't think I'll have time to play any other games :P

EDIT: Ok, so I didn't notice this is not the WarZ discussion thread, but I mentioned DayZ standalone too, so don't be mad at me :)

Edited by HellSnake

Is it possible to revamp maybe resize this city from TKOH and later add it to the standalone? This would be awesome. The setting is perfect for a zombie apocalypse. The video is simply stunning...

• Like 6

If the standalone is released i wanna know if the mod is still on... i mean like leaving the mod abandoned is not a good idea :( i hope it still avaiable if the standalone is released

If the standalone is released i wanna know if the mod is still on... i mean like leaving the mod abandoned is not a good idea :( i hope it still avaiable if the standalone is released

If you would bother to read it will get continued support, most will be done by designed team from the community hosted private hives.

When is the standalone released ?

You really that lazy, most easyest thing to find out.

Not to straing you too much here is the answer -> before end of the year 2012. you are wellcome.

• Like 1

hi guys,

Great news about the standalone Dayz.

The mindcraft way of selling then updating a game is the way to go... played mindcraft from early beta and now do my sons, thier mates, the wife, daughters boy freind, his mates, the dog, budgie and next doors cat play as well.

Try not to wait too long before launch, dont forget you have a good following already better then most AAA games. Also can see Dayz doing an easy shift to console games ... will have to hit my lads with a shitty stick to get them of my PC once they see Dayz.

Grats again

DugZ

Really? WTF are you even talking about, F*ck The World doesn't make any sense at all and in no way has anything to do with a statement about a game

Um.. if I'm not mistaken, FTW means "For The Win." Maybe it has two meanings or whatever, but I think he meant for the win. So, Standalone for the win!

Edited by Scott Pilgrim

Really? WTF are you even talking about, F*ck The World doesn't make any sense at all and in no way has anything to do with a statement about a game

Roflmao! Are u David Cameron?

• Like 2