griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

HA-HA! I bought ArmA 2 not for DayZ! So I dont care, but anyway, DayZ should be still availible for AA2 (there are some NO-CD servers and private hives).

Interesting that he threw in a plug for Dead Linger. I didn't even know anything about that game. I guess zombie games are coming out of the graveyard. (pun intended)

I think people are wrong about the stand-alone not doing well. There are a few factors that have to be accounted for in the decline of players

1) Hackers. Yes many have quit playing because of this problem. My hope is that the stand-alone has the highest focus on making sure the stand alone is secure. If people buy into it and the hack-fest starts right back up again, it will be the true death of the game..

2) School has started again... it's a demographics thing.

3) Some my have exhausted the content of the current game, and are waiting for the stand-alone.

• Like 3

My hope is that the stand-alone has the highest focus on making sure the stand alone is secure.

The problem is that maphacks will always be there. They're passive, they're almost impossible to detect for sure, and they can do lots of damage due to game mechanics.

Going to drop into repetition here, but the longer this thing drags on, the less I think this is a good idea.

In 2 months time, DayZ lost 75% of its active player base. From 200k online in the past 24h during early August, to 50k online at the end of September.

The bugs, hackers, glitches and negative experiences with the current state of the mod are at an all-time high, while development seems to be at an all-time low. You're losing fans left and right and up and down while you shift focus to the standalone game and appearances at expos and tradeshows.

I doubt this game will ever get big again, not as a mod nor as a standalone game.

Your not accounting for private hives, I know we switched from the public hive a little while ago and alot of people are doing the same, our Fallujah server has been 35+ players most nights since it went up. When it was public and on chernarus it struggled to get over 10 players at times.

Im pretty sure the amount of players connecting to a hive that isnt the main public one wont show up so really you can take nothing from the number.

Yes the "hacking" is bad but its a testament to the mod that so many still play it when "skiddies" go all out to ruin your DayZ experience pretty much constantly.

Looking forward to changes the standalone brings and this dam eurogamer expo vid whenever it gets uploaded!

Your not accounting for private hives, I know we switched from the public hive a little while ago and alot of people are doing the same, our Fallujah server has been 35+ players most nights since it went up. When it was public and on chernarus it struggled to get over 10 players at times.

Im pretty sure the amount of players connecting to a hive that isnt the main public one wont show up so really you can take nothing from the number.

Yes the "hacking" is bad but its a testament to the mod that so many still play it when "skiddies" go all out to ruin your DayZ experience pretty much constantly.

Looking forward to changes the standalone brings and this dam eurogamer expo vid whenever it gets uploaded!

Indeed.

I noticed a poster's sig earlier today that had some figures for this (can't remember who), according to that there are around 245,000 players on private hives right now.

If that is true then the health of this mod and the standalone's future are more than healthy.

I obviously can't vouch for these figures but it was certainly something that caught my eye.

Edited by RedNome

Guess you didn't play Battlefield 3 beta, woeful game that continued to have problems after launch.

I think DayZ is a fresh idea that is being played by the likes of WarZ (the name? really?).

The only criticism I have of DayZ is the lack of endgame, but I'm a EvE Online player from way back which also has no endgame and had me captivated for years. It all about the friends you make and the memories your create.

And yeah, no artifacts found here, sure today I got agroed by a Zed from about 50m away while I was inside a grocery store after taking one single step sideways, but I can live with that.

Battlefield 3's beta was terrible. The one thing i remember, is going prone and looking through the entire map...

No idea, but Im really hoping for a new custom map. There is too much meta-gaming.

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

Ok this is coming way late, and I really doubt you will read this....but. I am 42 years old, I "DO" remember days of the old, where the experience was in the discovery, to be lost then found again, only to be lost again. That's what it is to be engulfed, enveloped within a "real" game. Your comment helped confirm their are still people out their looking for that type of exp. Just got started with DayZ 3 days ago. Only to come upon a tent with a G36 silenced in camo. BTW: What I see is people server hoping to get gear.....Bullshit, I died 3 times before I got near feeling the grasp of handling food and water. Needless to say, after building my Char up with ghillie, M1A1, compass map, watch and all my necessities balanced, of which I spent 3 days on 2 servers, never hoping from server to server because I don't have douchebag disease, I re-logged about an hour later and the game told me I had died. At that time, I was in endless fields with nothing but a blank canvass and now I don't have a clue what to do. Thanks Hackers, I had no idea what I had picked up. Truth..... really kinda ruined the feeling and now I am stuck. Cant wait for the standalone, will be great having all the cheaters per-ma banned. If your one of them, thanks for screwing up my game time, hope you enjoy being banned. Sorry for the long book....first post and way to much to say.

• Like 1

I think people are wrong about the stand-alone not doing well. There are a few factors that have to be accounted for in the decline of players

1) Hackers. Yes many have quit playing because of this problem. My hope is that the stand-alone has the highest focus on making sure the stand alone is secure. If people buy into it and the hack-fest starts right back up again, it will be the true death of the game..

2) School has started again... it's a demographics thing.

3) Some my have exhausted the content of the current game, and are waiting for the stand-alone.

hear hear! well summarised and valid

New Video with Dean Hall from Eurogamer Expo 2012. Talking about Dayz SA

Based on the information I've seen in this thread, that video must be fake because Rocket never communicates and the stand alone will never be made.

• Like 1

Based on the information I've seen in this thread, that video must be fake because Rocket never communicates and the stand alone will never be made.

What? Is you roof okay?

Sorry forgot about this and then posted with out reading, aww well.

Cheers anyways

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

Dean's Eurogamer talk in London was very well structured and speaks to a stand alone product which will be quite a different beast from the DayZ mod. Well done, Dean and DayZ dev team.

Posted 08 August 2012 And we didn't gain any additonal info since then. At this time i am starting to get really sceptical if this isn't an early aprils fools joke

Posted 08 August 2012 And we didn't gain any additonal info since then. At this time i am starting to get really sceptical if this isn't an early aprils fools joke

Lean to read "DayZ Developer Session + Q&A w/ Rocket (Eurogamer Expo 2012) video, recorded and uploadet 28 september 2012

Seriously? A lot of info has been given. I won't look for everything, but the following is something:

A video posted just one page ago in this very own thread:

http://dayzmod.com/f...340#entry903373

A thread where Rocket answers our questions about the mod/standalone (it's been a few days since it was last updated, but it's nice nonetheless):

http://dayzmod.com/f...-rocket-thread/

EDIT: That crossbow looks awesome :D it will surely be crap, though :)

EDIT2: What the hell, there's even a dedicated thread for that video!! http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/95784-eurogamer-dayz-developer-presentation-article/

Edited by HellSnake

Seriously? A lot of info has been given. I won't look for everything, but the following is something:

A video posted just one page ago in this very own thread:

http://dayzmod.com/f...340#entry903373

A thread where Rocket answers our questions about the mod/standalone (it's been a few days since it was last updated, but it's nice nonetheless):

http://dayzmod.com/f...-rocket-thread/

EDIT: That crossbow looks awesome :D it will surely be crap, though :)

EDIT2: What the hell, there's even a dedicated thread for that video!! http://dayzmod.com/f...tation-article/

some do think 2 months for only answering questions is enough, personally i would like to see some screnshots or even gameplay. There should be atleast some developement already od it out there. And with the dev model. They want to release alpha for buying in december. thats closer then you think. Check yourself how long its even been till the fixed the graph glitches 1.7.6 it takes too damn long all. Throw us a bone wich isn't just talk. Check the homepage about players playing on official servers. Check the hackers problem for the mod. At this stage dayz is losing momentum.

• Like 1

some do think 2 months for only answering questions is enough, personally i would like to see some screnshots or even gameplay. There should be atleast some developement already od it out there. And with the dev model. They want to release alpha for buying in december. thats closer then you think. Check yourself how long its even been till the fixed the graph glitches 1.7.6 it takes too damn long all. Throw us a bone wich isn't just talk. Check the homepage about players playing on official servers. Check the hackers problem for the mod. At this stage dayz is losing momentum.

Personally I'm surprised they're planning to have the game out as early as this year. It takes a long time to develop professional games, I'll be very impressed if they have such a quick turnaround and actually manage to get out the alpha in December.

To me it seems like DayZ is gaining momentum as far as development is concerned.

well i hope doors are more realistic... like zombie breaking the doors or taking it apart... i havent had the game yet so i dont know if theres barricades or planks it would be cool if its in the standalone version like zombies taking apart barricades! YEAH! anyways... im just gonna wait for the standalone... :D