griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Hmm. I think that you should look at other games and see what kind of cheat protection they have. Look at VALVE for instance with their Valve Anti Cheat client which really is epic. Cheat on a game? Banned within a month!

Try to learn from battle eye's mistakes and improve on it.

yeah or not.... VAC is far from a good anti-cheat...

No chance it will be released on console and glad it won't. Games always have to get dumbed down when put on consoles. Not to mention I don't think a console could handle a game of this magnitude. Your ps3/xbox would bleed out trying to run it.

• Like 1

Will Battleye be used as anti-cheat program if so: for the love of god WHY?!?!?!

• Like 1

Great News on the stand alone Project,

Just wanted to ask what this means for the mod, Will the Mod stop receiving support after the 1.7.3 patch ?

read the top

Edited by solidsnake808

I have seen people say it wont be out for a long time i was just wondering if its gonna come out this year or next year.

Any help would be good.

Hello,

Just thought I would spark some interest.

How much you do all think it will cost on release and when do you think it's due?

Also do you think it will be preorder or straight away on Steam or a download from their website?

What do you all think?

I think... It will be a download from their website and the discount thing be... To enter your CD keys of Arma and you get money off. Showing you played Combined Ops...

Think?

kyle939

Would love it if the standalone was released on a console aswell because im the only PC gamer out of my group of friends and exploring the map on my own can be a little lonely at times :P

Lol.............. :rolleyes:

I hope its not the same developers that are currently working in Dayz because I would hate to pay for a game that glitches and that developers take over a month to fix an unplayable glitch. Maybe you guys should FIX the current game instead of jumping and being over your heads with a standalone version?

• Like 1

I hope its not the same developers that are currently working in Dayz because I would hate to pay for a game that glitches and that developers take over a month to fix an unplayable glitch. Maybe you guys should FIX the current game instead of jumping and being over your heads with a standalone version?

The reason it's so glitchy is because it is a MOD to a game that can not be tampered with. An elaborate mod at that and Rocket is not allowed to mess with the game's source codes. That makes molding this game to a zombie survival game extremely difficult. Like eating soup with a fork difficult.

With the standalone he can take the new engine and tweak it where he sees fit. He will be creating a game from ground up. It will be much easier to develop a game and implement features with this type of freedom. So I wouldn't go talking about the developer's ability to make a game.

• Like 3

The bugs you are referring to are bugs made from the source code. Rocket can't do anything about that unless he had access to the source code. He'll actually be in direct control of the source in the standalone letting him do exactly what he wants with few to no bugs. And all faster too. It's not competence, it's limitations.

I'm not putting down DayZ or anything but you guys already have a troublesom time running it as a MOD. So what makes you think it would be equal to or easier than to just create a game out of it, this in my eyes will just bring harder times.

Edited by Apollo215

You have to remember a MOD has it features molded round the engine, a GAME has it engine molded to its features. There's a huge difference between the two.

Also with a game Rocket will have a bigger team, more funds and more time. Rocket as he said himself is a game desginer, he's got the good ideas and how to implement them. Now he has a team of good coders at his disposal.

Thread unlocked. I don't want to see anyone posting anything like;

"I paid for Arma 2 for nothing, what a waste. Give me DayZ for free!"

You bought a game for a free mod, that was the decision you made. By the time the standalone is released, you will have 2 games (Arma 2, DayZ) for less than the price of Skyrim.

People who fail to heed this warning will receive one.

Why would I buy Arma 2(Only for dayz) then buy Dayz for a second time and spend less then skyrim when I could just buy War Z and have two games instead of one?

Why would I buy Arma 2(Only for dayz) then buy Dayz for a second time and spend less then skyrim when I could just buy War Z and have two games instead of one?

You never bought DayZ to begin with. Therefore you can't buy it for a second time. If you don't think buying a game like DayZ for less than 30 dollars is a steal then I have no faith in humanity anymore. People will buy call of duty for 60 dollars when it's the same game with new guns and maps every year, but they wont buy DayZ because they feel entitled to have it for free.

• Like 7

Also because at this very moment WarZ is vaporware, for a game that is releasing 'soon' it has no video of in-game footage. Also keep in mind that WarZ will be utilizing an AWFUL engine, have fun playing your cartoon-like game ^_^ ... if it exists!

Edited by CamP
  • Like 1

say what you want about the future of DayZ but we have 10,000 new players coming in each day!

to me, this is impressive!

I know it will be an amazing game and I am very excited of being part of the whole DayZ phenomenon ^_^

• Like 1

That's awesome news! So excited. And I guess a congratulations is in order as well so congratz! Can't wait to see how this all pans out :D

well if i still have to pay for a day-z stand alone you better get a fix on scripters hackers and bugs, otherwise ill be very anal

well if i still have to pay for a day-z stand alone you better get a fix on scripters hackers and bugs, otherwise ill be very anal

Pretty much the only way to fix the hacking is by going stand alone.

• Like 1

sooo when can i pre-order and play the beta/alpha of this? :D

u should learn the difference between a mod and a standalone, or atleast watch/read some interviews with rocket i will give u ALL the answers u want to why and how..