griffinz

DayZ Standalone Confirmed

Complaining about 30$? If this game will be running on the ARMA 3 engine I have to spend 2000$ on a new computer… Some games make it worth the investment, DayZ is the next one.

• Like 1

why? completely different game.

Edited by sivart

Complaining about 30$? If this game will be running on the ARMA 3 engine I have to spend 2000$ on a new computer… Some games make it worth the investment, DayZ is the next one.

A good gaming computer is about $600. Unless your going for uber leetness, that doesn't make sense.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

Please explain to me how a "Good" gaming computer would cost 600$, most high teir graphics cards and proccers cost around 300-500$.

I am more interested if my poor computer will play it. I am already on low settings with Arma 2. If using Arma 3 engine the price of the game just went up 600$ for me to build a whole new rig to play. Still worth it :)

I always end up timing my pcs around BIS releases.

Is there any news on the cost of the standalone game?

If you dont know what i mean:

Will the prize be lower or higher thant arma2?

I ask, cause i just thought about buying the game but i wouldnt do so when it will be released for under 15€ and then i just wait for the standalone...

I bet if you read this thread you'll find the answer posted over and over, if you're too lazy to read all pages, start with the very 1st post in this thread.

Edited by Dallas

You are obviously misinformed about the Minecraft model - you only pay for the game once, not multiple times. What you pay simply depends on how early you buy it.

Interesting - must read more about this. What was Minecraft's initial price (guess that's what we'll pay?)

I always end up timing my pcs around BIS releases.

I bet if you read this thread you'll find the answer posted over and over, if you're too lazy to read all pages, start with the very 1st post in this thread.

I read it. But he wrote about complaining if you already bought the gtame and start to rage cause you want the game for free now. I only ask for the prize...

Anything wrong with it??

Please explain to me how a "Good" gaming computer would cost 600$, most high teir graphics cards and proccers cost around 300-500$.

Processor-300

Mobo-100

Graphics card-160 for two of the card i have. And run arma on high.

HDD-100

Ram-50 to 100

Will not buy this game if it uses battleye. Doesn't ban hackers and bans innocent people like my friend.

I love the fact that this thing uses battleeye i don't know any real hacker that was banned.only script kiddies. Hopefullystandalone uses battle eye too.

I love the fact that this thing uses battleeye i don't know any real hacker that was banned.only script kiddies. Hopefullystandalone uses battle eye too.

Not to mention the people who randomly got banned aswell.

If I pay for this lowprice alpha release, will I also get the full game when released? Like Minecraft

A good gaming computer is about $600. Unless your going for uber leetness, that doesn't make sense.

600$?! That's what a good GPU, like 670 GTX costs in Sweden. I dont know where you live?

Processor-300

Mobo-100

Graphics card-160 for two of the card i have. And run arma on high.

HDD-100

Ram-50 to 100

And Powersupply, and tower, and monitor, mouse & keyboard if you don't have them. operating system, disk drives.

I5 2500k - 200

Windows 7 - 100

HDD - 75

6950 or 2GB GTX560 - 225

RAM - 40

Motherboard - 100

Powersupply - 75

Tower - 30

With this announced should i just wait for DayZ standalone? i was going to buy Arma 2 to get Dayz but i dont wanna drop 30$ and then a couple months later you guys drop standalone

Arma 2 in itself is a rather good game. You can learn a lot from it.

Edited by SyndicateFaction
  • Like 2

No idea, but Im really hoping for a new custom map. There is too much meta-gaming.

If only you guys could have experienced what I did way back when before there were guides, tutorials, maps etc...playing for the first time in the pitch black (before the gamma exploit was known).

I know this will fall on deaf ears; when the standalone comes out, do yourself a favour and do not look at maps/guides...the experience is 10x greater when you are truly lost in the woods.

I am just hoping for a much larger map. I think the idea behind a single map is good, there just needs to be MUCH more to the map. Something that could take you a night to traverse. Not a boring night of running through the woods tho. A night of high population towns, loot spawn points, etc etc. The game is so much potential I hope Rocket can really tap into it with the standalone.

PS. The idea of a 250 player server on a HUGE map is just GODLIKE. I would LOVE to play this.

all i am guna say is.. i will pay up 2 £100

aslong as you can 100% guarantee no more hackers

would be willing to empty my bank account even if that was sorted

I cannot wait for this to be released! BUT!!! I am willing to wait for it, if they solve the hacker issue. Hackers suck all the fun from the game. And honestly, they could just find something better to do with their time instead of ruining the game for others. If you are a hacker and are reading this, stop messing it up for others.

Still no pre-order button?

I refuse to pre-order the stand-alone game until you make a pre-order button!

D:

• Like 1