Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

Ok so I just started playing a few days ago and I'm enjoying it a lot. Surfing the forums while I'm at work (shhhh) and I've been seeing a lot of stuff about the Lingor map. I get what it is so I don't need an explanation of that, what I don't get is the major difference between that and Chernarus. I heard more supplies, harder to kill zombies, and less hack/script/duping.

I'm interested in those details for the the tldr folks...

TLDR: For a new player am I better off staying in Chernarus or switching to Lingor before I get used to Chernarus.

Thanks

P.S. I did search for a similar thread before posting this so I apologize if I missed one

It's an unofficial mod, and there's still plenty of hacking, etc. It's a flaw within Arma 2, not DayZ that allows for so much tom-foolery.

It's really just a different map with slightly more bugs. I like it better since Chernarus has gotten a bit old and predictable, playing on Lingor has sort of refreshed that unknowing suspenseful feeling you first get when playing DayZ on Chernarus.

Last thing I wanted to hear, I can figure out this kind of thing but my buddy doesn't know memory from hard drive so if it doesn't work right for him I'm screwed lol

I'm not very pc literate, just stubborn, i don't like stuff to beat me. You should be able to tell your mate what to put where over Skype, its not hard. :)

so did you sign up on the Lingor forums?

Yes thanks and I signed you up for these forums as you plainly have difficulty following the above thread. http://www.addforums.com/

Money is always the issue, don't kid yourself.

I see the mouth moving but no words, I see the lights are on but no one at home. Sigh

I installed Lingor yesterday and I must say I had a lot of fun. I'll keep it brief.

1. Found a M4A1 CCO

2. Found a bus.

3. Survivor killed my friend and tried stealing my bus.

4. Killed the survivor.

5. Regrouped with friends.

6. Bandit held one of my buddies hostage.

7. Killed that bandit.

8. Picked up friend.

9. Drove over to Maruko airfield.

10. Crashed the bus.

11. Bus was stuck.

12. Bandit took a few shots at us.

13. Friend got hit.

14. Low blood.

15. Got the bus running and hi tailed it out of there.

16. Picked up another friend and looted military spawns.

17. Parked the bus in the highway LOL

18. Logged for the night.

All of this happened in my second life of Lingor!

Yes thanks and I signed you up for these forums as you plainly have difficulty following the above thread. http://www.addforums.com/

yes, it is difficult to follow a thread that is made up of multiple moved and merged threads

I stand by what I said. Lingor Dayz is not Dayz. it uses modified Dayz code and might as well be a completely separate game. but you seem to be more concerned with trying to come up with clever ways to insult me

Commander installs Lingor now. So Gary_Coleman is wrong. Its very easy.

Play With Six as well

anyway, it's not the promise-land I was promised (mindblow.gif)

there are more enterable buildings, but honestly that just seems to make the game more tedious as you search through all the crap loot. it doesn't help that there's so much makarov ammo, and so many items use that same green bag model

there's no dead soldiers, so none of those artifacts, but I still get artifacts from barbed wire

zombies seem more prone to walk/hit through walls, and get stuck in the floor. a lot of the loot seems to be kinda under the floor as well

I have mixed feelings about side chat...

the fps seem more inconsistent. on average it's better than Chernarus. probably because on average there's less trees, grass, etc being rendered. but when it drops, it's bad. I have my settings so I never went under 30fps on Chernarus, but on Lingor I dip to the low 20's and even into the teens. it seems to be directly graphics related, since when I look straight at the ground or sky my fps magically returns (unlike AI and server issues that affect fps)

ambient sounds that sound like doors opening, someone walking, and distant vehicles :mad:

but it is fun exploring a new map :)

I see the mouth moving but no words, I see the lights are on but no one at home. Sigh

I see what you're saying, your comment did not fly over my head like you foolishly assumed, carry on being naive if that works for you.

ambient sounds that sound like doors opening, someone walking, and distant vehicles :mad:

Don't forget the jungle monkey!

Don't forget the jungle monkey!

I don't mind them because I know they're unarmed. although some of the bird/monkey sounds seem kinda hokey

Vrael said......

"Surfing the forums while I'm at work (shhhh) and I've been seeing a lot of stuff about the Lingor map"

Then why did you make another Topic in the wrong Forum ?

Thread Merged.

If I start playing lingor island, does my items from Chernarus transfer to the island and if I decide to play in Chernarus again, will my position be saved (if I didn't die in lingor)?

no, they are different hives. your progress on chernarus will not be altered if you play on lingor and vice versa.

Edited by Sibexus

No.

Lingor Island servers are private hives.

i.e your character is only on that server.

your character on the main hive is seperate from one on a private hive.

Hope this helps.

Edit - Ninja'd by Sibexus

Edited by GeordieMarv

Lingor isn't official so of course it doesn't save anything. You'll have different stuff and different positions on every different private hive server unless they are linked to the same private hive.

If you die, you die on both and can never play again.

• Like 5

Just to let you people know, since DayZ Commander included LIngor Island, IT has renewed my love of the Mod.

Some of the servers have chat enabled and this adds a huge dimension to the gameplay. I was running around teaming up with people I've never met and the team work was great. Within 10 mins of playing I had found a bus, it was full to the rafters and running around all the military bases together was an amazing site but the Zeds spawned em masse.

Weapons? There's a load more military bases with weapon spawn points everywhere (seriously everywhere) so balancing gameplay for new spawns is simple. However I forgot the cardinal rule, If you tell people over chat where you are, you will be shot at by the non teamwork orientated players, I had some great scrapes.

I have been playing the past 3 days now, and I can honestly say it is a pleasure to get lost and find my way around like in Chernarus months ago. Give it a go if your bored or annoyed with The Mod, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

i just installed lingor last night, and would like to team up with you if at all possible.

what server do you play in? :beans:post-47087-0-31128400-1347045069_thumb.j

Edited by 3vil_Nin3
  • Like 1

I had fun with a GAZ on the race track. It was a good race against my friends. I died after testing out a ramp.

• Like 1

Like the Lingor map or hate it, but you know what..?

No bloody hacker infestation there!

Servers i play on give away IP and Hardware ID bans for script kiddies. What does it mean? Many of them are just GONE.

Lingor also has a rather large "hive" of servers connected to one another.

Not to mention the insane amount of open buildings.

I was completely indifferent towards Lingor for two months, and now i'm regretting it completely. Having a great time. You don't even need tents. At all. The single exception for a tent would be NVG's, i guess.

Edited by Stworca
  • Like 1

I don't really have a server of choice, everyone I've been in is great, the nearest one I play a lot in is Gang Land server, U.K. Or any low pinged uk servers, I will post again for games however I only play when the need arises. I was on a fpv server earlier and the action was intense, thank goodness for the double tap - key.

There was a hacker in one on lingor, however they were kicked when they teleported us to a town, simple as that gone! I haven't even seen a hacker before in game and I won't be worrying about them with that quick a kicking, their details were logged and reported. That's progress. What surprised me was all the players 20 ish just ran about laughing over chat, not 1 player shot at each other. After we dispersed we were all lost. Teamwork was outstanding very much like the early days of DayZ used to be.

Your right there is no need for tents, go in a straight line anywhere and you'll find a military hut, grab and ruin a few Zeds days, beware though the 3 airfields are still dangerous, I went to one and the ACT was a corpse magnet, bodies strewn everywhere (good pickings) you could tell if anyone was close due to the huge amount of spawning zeds.

Due to using different servers some days can be great as my last character is saved from the last time I played, you can have multiple players on the different hives all saved. Other than that it can be a new start each new server you play on, I'm waiting to run into my DMR player.

If I change do I still have my player in Chernaurus or however you spell it?

Yes.

tyvm dling nw