Publik

Lingor Island Chit Chat.

No, I don't think you can be banned for playing the map. I for one don't mind it. Rocket and the DayZ team should be happy that people are getting inspired by the mod and making maps for it. Plus, not like it's ripping them off, it is clearly inspired by DayZ.

absolutely right, its not like the creator of the map is trying to take credit for the whole game, i guess what i like about the new map idea all in all is that it gives me some choice, but i guess the reason Rocket is against it is because the guy who made the map took the dayz gametype or something without permission and used it which is actually pretty understandable. (I posted this thread before I figured this out)

That website is in russian ?

It's says a few sentences in Russian, and then repeats them in English below. Look harder.

Did a mod really just move this thread to 'Off-Topic General'? -_-

This thread is nothing buy DayZ. Guy's must really hate Lingor.

Edited by The_Albatros
  • Like 1

fovTop=0.97500002;

fovLeft=1.5599999;

Not good - People must change their FoV according to their aspect ratio. If you use a 16:9 FoV on a 5:4 screen/resoultion it will be streched out obviously.

The way to do it is: Take your current FoV and multiply it by 1.1 for example.

Not good - People must change their FoV according to their aspect ratio. If you use a 16:9 FoV on a 5:4 screen/resoultion it will be streched out obviously.

The way to do it is: Take your current FoV and multiply it by 1.1 for example.

Those ratios are for a 1980*1020 screen.

How to adjust your FoV (aka, how to cure ArmA2 tunnel vision!):

I'm sure many of you have noticed that the default FoV in ArmA 2 is pretty damn narrow. You can sort of solve this by double tapping numpad "-", but that doesn't work with weapons with scopes, and in my opinion is TOO wide of an FoV, which results in weird fisheyeing and a lower framerate. Yesterday I finally overcame my laziness and decided to manually tweak my FoV, and was annoyed by how I couldn't find a comprehensive guide. So I pieced together what I could, and figured I'd share it with reddit. ArmA2 uses a "vertical FoV" system, like Bad Company 2, which puts an additional hurdle in the process of adjusting your FoV. In addition, it uses radians! So, here's what you do:

1) Go to My Documents/ArmA 2/ and open up USERNAME.ArmA2OAProfile in notepad. Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see two values, fovTop and fovLeft.

2) Calculate what vertical FoV corresponds to your desired horizontal FoV using this calculator. Make sure the "resolution" information is correct!

3) Take that number, go to Google, and search "X degrees in radians" to convert it. It should be a small number, between .5 and 1.5 in all likelihood. Round it off at the hundredths - I hear ArmA will chop off any digits after that anyway.

4) Enter that value as fovTop in notepad.

5) Using a calculator, divide that number by the second number in your aspect ratio - in my case, 16:10, so I divide it by 10. Then multiply it by the first number, in my case 16. Now enter that number for fovLeft, and round it the same way (leaving only 2 digits after the decimal point).

Boom! Load up ArmA 2 and witness how much more you can see.

I also encourage you to bind a thumb button to the Freelook command, as it also helps with situational awareness. I'm a stickler for Hardcore servers, but many of my friends couldn't bear the lack of third person until I walked them through this. Now they feel totally aware of their surroundings, and we don't have to worry about campers using 3rd person to look around/over cover.

I hope I helped, and please let me know if I did anything wrong. I'm a Computer Science / Game Design student and even I am confused by ArmA's convoluted FoV system.

Calculator: http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

I like it. Can't see why anyone hates it. The zombies seem to be a little tougher, perhaps because of their numbers, and it's nice to have a new place to explore.

Hi so I downloaded lingor island along with 3 friends, but we dont have any map online so we cant figure out where we spawn and we dont know where to go and stuff. Can anyone send me a map over lingor island? Thanks!

This map and the servers running it are not supported by the very busy DayZ dev team at this time.

As such, this is not a DayZ discussion and it is being moved to off topic.

Hello there

apart from the issue of Lingor not being supported, it's part of the game experience to find your own way around. A 3rd party map removes that aspect.

Go explore!

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

.. I asked the DayZ community since there is Chernarous DayZ maps maybe there is Lingor island DayZ maps, didn't ask the team..

Hey guys, what's up? I'm trying to install lingor island but I keep getting the following error messages.

"you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted. brg_africa, mbg_buildings_2, ibr_plants, ibr_hangers, ibr_airports, dayz_lingor_code, dayz_lingor_weapons, dayz_lingor_equipt, dayz_lingor_vehicles, ibr_lingor, chn_crocodile

I have no idea what this means.

I don't know what to do and would appreciate some help. I know this is about lingor so I put it in off topic. And I know the admins won't help because it's lingor. So, can any of you guys help?

please, if you're going to hate or flame, don't respond. I want to get this done.

I'm pretty sure that the server running that map isn't a legit server.

Either way, isn't that a Czech Army pack map? I'm not gonna buy another DLC just to play on a new map. Do I look like a CoD player?

it might we in it but it was origanlly custom map for arrowhead it was fighting and stuff but they made it ported into dayz

If you have problems concerning the installation of different mods for ArmAII/CO go to the BIS Forums for advice.

Do not post instructions here on how to get DayZ working with different modifications/Islands.

You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys. This is one of the Rules concerning Servers.

If you play on such servers you are not helping in anyway whatsoever.